Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

phrase brings a song to mind

Go down 
+7
Xid
Driven
Staybrite
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
Guilty/Forgiven
crucifyd
11 posters
AuthorMessage
crucifyd

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

phrase brings a song to mind Empty
PostSubject: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 6:41 pm

thought of this when I saw the "song stuck in your head" thread.

do you ever hear a phrase in general conversation, either just the phrase or the phrase as part of a sentence, and it immediately brings a song to mind? I can't think of an actual example that happened but a hypothetical would be someone says "What a joke" and you think of / start hearing What a Joke by Deliverance in your head.

whenever that happens to me, not only does it come into my head, but if I am at home I usually start playing it for my family...happens semi-frequently...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 9:38 pm

Most definitely ! My whole life whenever someone would say a key word or words together that are also shared by a song that's been cataloged in my head, I would immediately start singing it. Drives my wife crazy... she's actually told me it fascinates her how many songs are in my brain Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:00 pm

I do the same thing, G/F.  Either something I say or something someone else says triggers a song.  I will break out in song right then, too.  I will usually end the quick little performance with a silly moment and say something like, "Sorry--80s flashback!"  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 5:40 am

Yeah recently my wife was making a seating chart for her class. She changes it up regularly in her class. She said she had to keep the talkers "seperated" and the first thing we thought of was "Keep 'em seperated" by the Offspring (and we don't even listen to that band hahaha).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 11:59 am

I used to do this constantly when I was a young man.  Nearly everything someone said would remind me of a song lyric and I would usually start singing that part of the song instantly.  Fast-forward a few years and I realize that most people don't appreciate that (and some of them think me more than a little crazy).  So I pretty much quit doing it.  It still happens now, but usually only 3 or 4 times a week (as opposed to 5 or 6 times a day).

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Oh, very often. Sometimes it'll even be a visual cue, like if I see someone dressed fancy but with shoes that don't match. "High class in overcruise, a little hip talk in borrowed shoes…"
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I used to do it ad nauseam when I was younger.  I still have it happen quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Sometimes when someone is telling me something, it reminds me to a song.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 03, 2017 8:25 am

Sometimes. If it's not song lyrics, it's movie dialogue.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 am

Constantly.  I used to drive my wife crazy with it until I started to rein it in.  Death threats have that power on me.

Last edited by messiaen77 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Death threats have that power of me.
There's a song in there.  The chorus could be:

Death threat: It's the threat of death
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:38 am

Right after I typed that response I had to take my kids somewhere and it was going to be close as to whether we were late or not.  As soon as we pulled out of our driveway, my youngest said "We're not gonna make it," to which my oldest and I without any hesitation started singing "No, we ain't gonna make it.  We're not gonna make it on time," of course to the tune of "We're Not Gonna Take It."  I don't know if I should blame genetics or if I have already warped the poor child.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 11:26 am

messiaen77 wrote:
....I don't know if I should blame genetics or if I have already warped the poor child.

Probably a combination of both.  Laughing

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
....I don't know if I should blame genetics or if I have already warped the poor child.

Probably a combination of both.  Laughing

I don't know - a lot of psychologists will tell you nurture can overtake nature...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 10:51 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Right after I typed that response I had to take my kids somewhere and it was going to be close as to whether we were late or not.  As soon as we pulled out of our driveway, my youngest said "We're not gonna make it," to which my oldest and I without any hesitation started singing "No, we ain't gonna make it.  We're not gonna make it on time," of course to the tune of "We're Not Gonna Take It."  I don't know if I should blame genetics or if I have already warped the poor child.

Good . . . let the music flow Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:13 pm

This thread cracks me up. We fellow music lovers have a lot in common.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 11:37 am

Whenever someone says "not even close" (or even when I say it) I immediately hear Dave Mustaine saying it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: phrase brings a song to mind   phrase brings a song to mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

phrase brings a song to mind
Page 1 of 1