For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What Have I Learned

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8633
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: What Have I Learned   Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 pm

What have I learned from my chronic health conditions ?

I have learned not to judge anyone struggling with their own problems or demons. Life is unbearable for some, and many have more than they can handle in this life.

I have learned that even the most strongest believer in God and lover of Jesus can be brought to the end of themselves and shown just what a sinner they truly are. But that it's not up to US to gain His approval and acceptance, as He has already accepted us and loves us as His own children.

I have learned that people I've never met in person can be the most compassionate, giving, caring people I will ever know.

I have learned, as Job knew well, that you can desire death over life on your worse days, even cursing the day you were born.

I have NOT yet learned how to accept my chronic degeneration of my spine, migraines, sleep apnea, Mitral Valve Prolapse causing Dysautonomia causing terrible symptoms in my autonomic system, nightly restless legs, insomnia, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Perhaps one day I'll be able to accept my place in this miserable life... in the mean time, I will keep trying to learn whatever God wants me to learn from this plague.

Christians, don't write off or ignore those who fall or fall away due to suffering and loss. They need you more than the healthy one sitting next to you in that comfortable church pew.
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Brother, healing might never happen in this life, but that doesn't mean that you should accept it. Pray. Get family to pray. Pray with other people (not just online) in agreement.

I am aware that I really don't know the severity of everything you're going through, since I've never met you face to face, but I know this. Jesus is the Great Physician.

I watched my spiritual father go through hell for 2 years, while his back started hurting, and one day he lost the ability to even walk. Couldn't move his legs at all. Doctors couldn't explain it.They had no diagnosis for him. He started with a cane, then a walker, and then a wheelchair. I watched him suffer in grueling, intense pain. He was up for days at a time because his lower legs hurt so bad. He actually feel asleep one night at home group, slumped over a foot rest of a chaise. We literally laid hands on him and prayed quietly before we went home. We believed that the Father could heal, but we were unsure whether or not he would do it on this side of heaven.

A few months later, he began to regain the ability to start lifting his legs, unassisted. Although at first it was only 3 inches off the ground, and only one leg at a time, it eventually increased. He started lifting his leg all the way up. And then he started getting feeling back in his other leg. His doctor (who I believe was not a Christian) even acknowledged that only God could be the cause of this.

He eventually went from a wheelchair to a walker. And a few months later, he went from a walker to a cane, carefully learning to walk again. He was down to 140 pounds skin and bones. We never gave up, though it looked bleak at times.

One day he started driving again. He still had trouble going up and down stairs, but he made progress. One day, he left his cane at home, and never picked it up again. He is walking normal today, last year he went fishing, and this year, for the first time since his illness, he went out and played golf.

Jim, I'm sorry you are going through this. I told you this story in the hope of encouraging you. I don't know if you will be healed on this side of eternity, but until your last breath, don't you DARE accept defeat.

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"

Peace,

John
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Bro, such a gnarly story ! Thanks for that. It was indeed inspirational.

I do occasionally struggle with a defeatist attitude since the damage to my spine is extensive and the surgeons told me it's only gonna get worse, and I will be in a wheelchair one day. Everyday I can walk I thank God.

My biggest struggle isn't so much the limitations and disabilities, it's the pain. I used to get pain relief from several pills a day, but I had to keep increasing them to get the same pain relief over time. Then I'd take so many that my RX would run out before the next one was due to be filled (which, working in pharmacy my whole life, I know better !). During the time before I could fill the next one, I would experience wicked withdrawal. So not wanting that anymore, I tapered down on my own and gave the bottle to my wife, who in turn only gives me 3 per day.
I totally need something to help the pain as that is not even close to enough. The only thing that helps me sleep is cannabis, which I can't use during the day. So it's been frustrating dealing with such incredible increasing pain for so many years. I desire prayer for the pain to be dialed down so I can somewhat enjoy my days a little more.

I really hope that the awesome work He did through me in my early walk will be carried on to completion. I don't believe God "did this to me" - as I have obvious hereditary DNA health problems. But I DO believe He can use it somehow. I've seen the Lord use me to inspire and give hope to others who have chronic conditions.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17351
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 12:54 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Christians, don't write off or ignore those who fall or fall away due to suffering and loss. They need you more than the healthy one sitting next to you in that comfortable church pew.

I couldn't agree with you more.

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more.

I haven't (I refuse to) turn my back on God, but I have struggled with praying to the only One who could take away my pain but won't. I said as a young believer I could never be mad at God - I would even suffer and die for Him. I meant it. Now that I'm 47 and have 24/7 chronic pain, I'm like, hey God, can I just die for you instead of the suffering part ? Laughing

But during those times of anger and falling away from my daily reading and prayer, I needed my brothers and sisters in Christ to come by my side and as mentioned in another thread, "hold up my arms" for me so I could continue to be victorious in this fight. I'm thankful for you all !
Back to top Go down
Samson

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 5:54 pm

I wish we were closer. I would hold up your arms myself. You might be ready to kill me after a few days, but I wouldn't hold it against you.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 7:02 pm

Samson wrote:
I wish we were closer. I would hold up your arms myself. You might be ready to kill me after a few days, but I wouldn't hold it against you.

Stupid

lol!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17317
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 7:55 pm

Quote :

I would also add to this to not write off those who are suffering so inwardly that they feel they no longer can pray for themselves because they feel the agony of the crushing silence of Heaven on top of their struggles.  Send your own prayer life preservers for them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   Yesterday at 9:05 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

I would also add to this to not write off those who are suffering so inwardly that they feel they no longer can pray for themselves because they feel the agony of the crushing silence of Heaven on top of their struggles.  Send your own prayer life preservers for them.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Have I Learned   

Back to top Go down

What Have I Learned
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1