Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service Empty
PostSubject: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:41 am

https://hellochristian.com/6607-thrash-metal-band-megadeth-to-hold-christian-prayer-service-with-fans#.WLp89BU5lBM.facebook

It's not your average setting for a Church prayer meeting: at a Thrash metal rockstar's house. But that is exactly what Megadeth singer and guitarist Dave Mustaine will be doing later this month. Bassist David Ellefson is also getting involved by doing a preach - he's a pastor!

Mustaine revealed to the Rolling Stone magazine that he has invited fans to stay at his place in Falbrook, California from March 10 to 13. Fans can expect to guitar, drum and bass lessons, witness a personal acoustic concert from the band, and enjoy some good wine with Mustaine. But it will also be an evagelistic event, and they will all spend some good time in prayer!

"We'll do a small churchy kind of thing, so that David can feel connected with them. I was thinking, what's the greatest way for David to feel complete with everyone?" says Mustaine. "That way it's a super personal way for people to connect with him, because if I was going to allow someone to connect with me on a more personal level, there really is no better way."
Mustaine was first a Jehovah's Witness, then a Satanist, but eventually found his way home to Christ. It was in 2001, when suffered an arm injury that left him with a compressed radial nerve. Doctors told him he would never play the guitar again.
Simply put, he found God. "It didn't happen without some resistance on my part, and God knows that in the years since I have been as times inconsistent in following a Christian way of life," he said. "I am not an extremist. I am not a fundamentalist. I have lapsed in ways large and small. I curse. I do not always exercise the patience and tolerance I should."
"But I believe in God and I believe that Jesus is my savior, and those are the overriding principles that guide my life."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Very cool!

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 pm

"doing a preach."  Ok.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 pm

So cool. I read that on my Megadeth feed and was stoked to hear about it.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Wish I wasn't already booked this weekend. geek

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service   Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine To Hold Christian Prayer Service
Page 1 of 1