For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1788
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

I've submitted my application materials for a position at a different school and I will not lie to you, I am terrified. †There are so many potential downsides to this, but I just keep looking at the upsides. †The school is four hours away from where we live, so the big issue is that it would mean relocating. †Problem: †My wife's signed contract is due two weeks from today. †We have been trying to do everything under the radar because everything is already so iffy regarding the length of my wife's continued employment here, so we don't want to do anything that would encourage the powers that be to shorten that.

Thanks for prayers y'all.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Praying for you and your family. God will give you wisdom to choose correctly.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18746
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:07 am

Praying about that job situation!!!† Sometimes we need a life change!† I know when I left the security of Bridgestone that I was scared.† It was the best decision for me I have ever made.† I miss the money, but not that much.† Believe it or not, I STILL have nightmares about having to return to work there after eight years of being gone from that wretched place.† I don't miss 12 hour shifts doing a dead-end job while having to endure the constant quarreling between the management and union.† Unless I am required to in whatever state I live, I will never work a union gig again.

I believe you will make the right choice!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Well, she went ahead and turned in her contract, but we have discovered that it is fairly easy to get out of it should this Evansville job work out.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:44 am

And...we're back in the boat. †I was cut in the third round.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18728
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:52 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
And...we're back in the boat. †I was cut in the third round.

Ah bummer.

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Hey gang, it's been a while since I updated you on my version of the uncertain future story because "me man, me handle alone (grunt grunt)."† Well, that's stupid, so here ya go.† My wife and I are both applying for several different positions.† She's got a Skype interview in a couple of weeks at a school up near Ft. Wayne that in a lot of ways seems like a sideways move, but may be a bit of a step up.† She's also applied to Randolph-Macon in Virginia, Middle Tennessee State, and is sending out another one to Elon today and Eastern Kentucky next week.† I've applied to Berea College in central KY and Belmont in Nashville.† I also applied to Ball State for an adjunct position if God says stay here a bit longer (we are both convinced that is the most it will be, but pretty certain we're leaving this year).† There's just so much up in the air and my wife is one of those people who needs certainty and clear direction, so her stress and anxiety levels are through the roof.

All prayers appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:12 pm

You got it. I understand the desire to isolate but Iíve found most people are willing to pray and help if you ask.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks man.† Yeah, I'm just too prideful to ask.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Her interview is at 4 this afternoon.† Prayers appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 pm

You got it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 3087
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am

Hopefully everything went well.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2418
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 am

How'd it go???
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Well, she said she thought it went well.† They are planning to narrow the field to the top 2 or 3 candidates before they leave on break next week.† Those candidates will be invited for on-campus interviews in January.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2418
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Right on!† Were you hoping for something more immediate or is that timeline acceptable?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 am

Sorry, I've been mostly absent.† They emailed late in the week and said that due to a number of factors they wouldn't be taking the next steps until Februrary.† It was discouraging for a lot of reasons.† Mainly because all colleges and universities are having some degree of budget trouble, and it seems like small Christian colleges are having a really hard time of it in part because they don't get state funding and often aren't cranking out alumni that have vast amounts of spare cash to funnel back to the school.† She's afraid one of those issues is questions about whether or not they will actually be able to fund the position.†

Friday she submitted another application to Eastern Kentucky--as close to a dream job as she has.† We love it in central KY, we already know the area and have a church to call home.† She would get to be a sociologist, not the sociologist, in the department.† No administrative duties and more time for research.† I just found a post in Wisconsin which isn't ideal, but it sounds like a great position.

More waiting....
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 am

So we're putting out fleeces on this.† Just frustration on all sides.† The Manchester job didn't come through, but that is perfectly fine.† We recently learned that their enrollment has been dropping, so that seems like a step backwards instead of sideways like we originally thought.† There are some positive signs coming from the university here.† Does God want us to stay here?† I don't know.† Thus the fleeces.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18728
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am

Still praying for you brother.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 am

Will be lifting you up in prayer today!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14959
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am

You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm

So just wanted to update y'all on this.† We've decided God is telling us to stay here.† It's a little frustrating because we were so convinced God said go before, but we're staying.† The thing is, my wife has been granted sabbatical for next spring (yay!), and because of the terms of being paid for the sabbatical, signing this contract basically means we're committed here for the next three years.† So now that we've decided to stay, we've got other questions to answer.† You may remember last year I was asking for prayer that our kids' school wasn't shut down.† Well, it was allowed to stay open pending meeting some performance targets for this year.† Well, when the board met back in September to discuss renewing the charter, they decided the data they would be presenting would make it an uphill battle, so they decided to close the school.† It had a been a back of our minds type thought really, because we were sure we would be moving anyway, but since we aren't, we've got to decide on a new school for them.†

Sometimes being a grown up just doesn't seem worth it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am

Adulting is never worth it.

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Truth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   

Back to top Go down

Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The WORD - Biblical Discussion and Prayer Requests-
Jump to: