For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

I've submitted my application materials for a position at a different school and I will not lie to you, I am terrified.  There are so many potential downsides to this, but I just keep looking at the upsides.  The school is four hours away from where we live, so the big issue is that it would mean relocating.  Problem:  My wife's signed contract is due two weeks from today.  We have been trying to do everything under the radar because everything is already so iffy regarding the length of my wife's continued employment here, so we don't want to do anything that would encourage the powers that be to shorten that.

Thanks for prayers y'all.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3015
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Praying for you and your family. God will give you wisdom to choose correctly.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17317
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:07 am

Praying about that job situation!!!  Sometimes we need a life change!  I know when I left the security of Bridgestone that I was scared.  It was the best decision for me I have ever made.  I miss the money, but not that much.  Believe it or not, I STILL have nightmares about having to return to work there after eight years of being gone from that wretched place.  I don't miss 12 hour shifts doing a dead-end job while having to endure the constant quarreling between the management and union.  Unless I am required to in whatever state I live, I will never work a union gig again.

I believe you will make the right choice!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Well, she went ahead and turned in her contract, but we have discovered that it is fairly easy to get out of it should this Evansville job work out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves   

Back to top Go down

Stepping out of the boat, trying not to look at the waves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1