For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Why I'm an introvert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8769
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Quote :
If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to read Passion for Jesus by Mike Bickle. GREAT book

Thanks for the recommend. I'm a hit or miss reader... sometimes I can whip thru a book, other times I cannot concentrate on reading to save my life (mild case of ADD I guess -haha). What really opened my eyes and helped me a lot was Rich Mullens story called Ragamuffin. Half way in that movie had me bawling like a baby. The way his dad treated him were very similar to my dad. Only difference is, I grew up with a dad who was very angry, yelling and cussing all the time, fighting with my mom something fierce. I said I'd never treat my wife or kids that way, and so far I've lived up to it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17597
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:34 pm

I don't know when (or really how) I became an introvert.  I haven't weighed in on this thread earlier because I wasn't sure what to say.

Most people who only know me from the message boards (or only know me superficially) would most likely think I am a rather out-going person....but I'm really not.  Like most of us I am insecure (but act like I'm not).  I care about what my friends think of me, even though I could care less what anyone else thinks of me.  I really get along with most people in intimate settings (smaller groups of people or one-on-one type settings), but I cannot stand the behavior of most people in large groups.  I tend to be loyal to my friends, but if someone betrays me I tend to push them to arms length and keep them that way (even after forgiving them).  I have many many more friends at this forum than I have in the physical world.  My only somewhat close "physical" friends are my old junior high buddy who lives 2-1/2 hours away (I probably only talk to maybe 3 or 4 times a year) and my wife (who really is my best friend).  I really like people as individuals (most of the time), but I can't seem to like people in general.

I was born and raised an only child.  I moved nearly every year of my life until I was in the 8th grade, so I was constantly making new friends.  I had to keep myself entertained as a kid (even as a teen mostly), so when I got married it was a bit of a shock to be around the same person constantly. Even now with three children (all 18 years and older) and after being married 30 years I still find the need to seperate myself from everyone on occasion just to be alone.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:44 pm

Wow... you and I should get together and go bowling sometime Staybrite... Laughing  We are SO alike it's trippy.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Wow... you and I should get together and go bowling sometime Staybrite... Laughing  We are SO alike it's trippy.

EXACTLY!

I would just be hoping that we wouldn't get on each other's nerves after about an hour....sometimes like people tend to repel each other.
Laughing

(oh yes, and I totally got the cool little twist you made on John Bender's "bowling" quote...only in that movie I would have been John Bender and you would have been Andrew Clark).

Admin

Number of posts : 17550
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

EXACTLY!

I would just be hoping that we wouldn't get on each other's nerves after about an hour....sometimes like people tend to repel each other.
Laughing

(oh yes, and I totally got the cool little twist you made on John Bender's "bowling" quote...only in that movie I would have been John Bender and you would have been Andrew Clark).

Actually, save for the moving around, we all sound about the same. 

If you two are Bender and Clark, I guess that makes me Allison Reynolds except male.  lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever
it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you
who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: In the simplest terms, in the
most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain,
an athlete,a basket case, a princess and a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Breakfast Club.

Last edited by Xid on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
dale434445

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:03 am

Xid wrote:
Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever
it was we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make an essay telling you who we think
we are. You see us as you want to see us: In the simplest terms, in the most convenient
definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, an athlete,
a basket case, a princess and a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours

The Breakfast Club.
One of my all time favorite movies
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:51 am

Then that would make me Carl

Quiet, but get me started and I'll never shut up.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1652
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:57 am

Xid wrote:
When we started speeches and oral reports in school, I just about died of embarrassment the first few times.  I finally got it under some control where I could do it, and once I got up to do it I was fine.  But waiting for my turn I was a blob of nervous anxiety.  The day of our band's first real gig I was a huge bundle of stressed out nervous energy.

I found out I excelled at this and ended up loving it. Public Speaking was my favorite class in college so much so I took it more than once. I would normally volunteer to go first. Sometimes I could do improv if I knew enough about the topic or acted like I did. I remember one improv topic was M&M's and I winged it for 5 minutes talking about M&M's.

I always thought this was funny and even said the routine at church one time before speaking:

Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 am

Funny!

I can do it, but only for a short time.  Anything over about 2 hours and my energy wanes.  Need to recharge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 am

(love the Breakfast Club posts  Thumbs Up )

I forced myself to do seminars on the cults back in '94 and 2001.  Four 1 hour sessions, with a question and answer afterwards. I was nauseous before going out onstage, and I said "UM" a LOT !!! LOL !
I ONLY got thru it by the grace of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit. I felt lead to not keep all those years of study and research to myself. It was a good thing cuz several years later, I still have people walk up and tell me how much those seminars cement their faith and how they've talked to people in different cults. It's a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:52 am

A lot of reasons from my childhood and some bad experiences made me introvert too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:13 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
A lot of reasons from my childhood and some bad experiences made me introvert too.

This makes me sad.  You are such a fantastic and loving person, I can't imagine anyone treating you poorly.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 am

True. While I've never met Vonnie in person, knowing you thru CHM and FB you're one of the sweetest persons I've ever met.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14399
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 am

The hardest part is that some things happend in church. I have had a hard time to deal with those things.
In my Bible is written when you have something with a person talk about it.
That's not what happend.
No one dare to tell what they have said about me.
But I think how some people in church treat me is not confirm the will of God.
I don't want to write a lot about this here.

Thanks for telling me that. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm an introvert   

Back to top Go down

Why I'm an introvert
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: