Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Giving versus selling

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Driven
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Giving versus selling Empty
PostSubject: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 5:27 pm

My wife and I are virtually hoarders.  We own a small, SMALL house with no storage and have accumulated a lot of stuff.

We joined a Facebook group called 2017 Things In 2017 that is dedicated to reducing clutter in the home by 2017 items.  We were in it last year and never even broke 500.

This year, we have been much more committed!  We have reduced almost 500 items in TWO MONTHS.  We've given most of it away.  We could have tried to sell stuff, but if we aren't using it, we just want it gone.  We don't have storage to keep what we are getting rid of if we can't sell it in a couple of days.  So, we've given stuff away to Goodwill, our local community help center, posted a couple of free items on Facebook, and hauled the rest to the dump.  It is working!

So far, I am liking giving stuff away instead of selling it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 5:46 pm

I need to work on that myself. I don't use a good amount of stuff that I have. I want to sell some of my guitars, for instance, but no one seems to be buying. I have a ton of books that I haven't read in a while, either.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 5:47 pm

We don't seem to have this problem in our home (at least not too much anyway).  My wife will periodically go through the house and "declutter" which always means a trip to Goodwill to get rid of a bunch of my stuff.

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 7:40 pm

We've been decluttering over the past few years and it's been good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 3:37 am

Our house seems to be full of toys and the kids are adamant that they need everything and can't get rid of a single thing.  So in the end I get rid of some of my stuff to make me feel better!

Getting rid of stuff for free is great, I try and do it that way all the time.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Driven wrote:
I need to work on that myself. I don't use a good amount of stuff that I have. I want to sell some of my guitars, for instance, but no one seems to be buying. I have a ton of books that I haven't read in a while, either.
I'd take a guitar but it's not in the budget.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 4:19 pm

I have been trying to downsize myself, in the last month I have sold almost eighty items on eBay for about $ 1000. In addition I made a trip to the landfill, and made several bags of clothing to take to Goodwill. It's amazing how much junk we acquire every year.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 am

I've sold quite a bit of stuff over the last 3 months but I haven't made near that much... more like $80.
I've actually brought several books to work and put them in the break room with a sign that says "FREE" and they were gone in 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving versus selling   Giving versus selling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giving versus selling
Page 1 of 1