Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grandpa to the 2nd power

Go down 
+2
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Grandpa to the 2nd power Empty
PostSubject: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 pm

My kids are killin' me Smalls.

So my daughter's been harpin' on the fact that she's near 30 and no kids yet.. "my clock is ticking". So she just up and got preggo. Oh and they plan on getting married this summer too.

So I got 2 Grandkids coming this year, which I'm sure I'll love and be tickled about when they're here. In the mean time I ain't terribly thrilled. My son was trapped into becoming a Dad as she told him she was on the pill and "it must have been an accident" Rolling Eyes and my daughter is with a guy we're still nervous about. We all get along, but I just worry he's a ticking time bomb.

But this is their lives... and now ours... and I know some of you can sympathize with me... sigh No
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Just wait until one of those little shavers calls you "gampa" or "pa-pa".

Melts yer little heart it does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 am

My wife and I are surrogate grandparents for a couple of kids at church.  They have even started calling us "Poppy" and "MeMe".  They have grandparents, but their mom and dad like us better.  LOL  Actually, we knew their mom when she was a teenager.  Her life was a mess and she attended the church we used to be at years ago.  She stayed with us a lot on the weekends because her family would go on these drinking/drugging binges--even her teenage brother and sister.  She wanted to avoid that and her parents would tell her she either needed to get out or get with the party.  So, she is still in our lives and trying to raise her kids right.  She wanted her parent, my wife and I, to be an influence on her kids, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 11:48 am

Dang dude... How long has she been with the guy? Do either of them consider themselves to be Christian?

Agreed: this is NOT ideal or how they should be going about this AT ALL. However, the truly awesome thing is that our God is a God of redemption and can redeem any situation for His glory. I hope that will be the case for this too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 5:45 pm

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, my daughter has two children by two different baby daddies.  Can't believe what she has done with her life, but regarding the grand kids it doesn't matter, we just love them like crazy and roll our eyes at the parents.  It adds a lot of heartache and strife, but there really isn't much you can do as the grandparent.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Quote :
Just wait until one of those little shavers calls you "gampa" or "pa-pa". Melts yer little heart it does.
I'm counting on that since everyone I know says the same thing

Quote :
Her life was a mess and she attended the church we used to be at years ago. 
That's a super cool story, I love hearing someone being redeemed and rising from the ashes.

Quote :
Dang dude... How long has she been with the guy? Do either of them consider themselves to be Christian?
She's been with him for a couple years or more. There was a separation when he had explosive anger issues, but she wanted him back. We want her to be happy, but needless to say, we fear for her safety constantly... and now for the safety of the baby. They'd be upset to hear this, but we can't change the facts.
As for believers... no idea. My daughter has very liberal opinions, we'll just leave it at that.

Quote :
but regarding the grand kids it doesn't matter, we just love them like crazy and roll our eyes at the parents. 

Coming from the one I know feels my pain, I agree with ya 100%
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 7:17 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

Quote :
Her life was a mess and she attended the church we used to be at years ago. 
That's a super cool story, I love hearing someone being redeemed and rising from the ashes.

You've actually heard her story.  She was the female vocal in the song "Hell Inside" that was written about the young lady's family.  She wanted to sing it and tell her story.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 5:44 pm

SO COOL !!! Wow !
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:27 pm

That's great new, you being a grandpa.
Our grandson is 6 months old now.
It's fun to have him around.

We're getting a second grandchild at the end of May.

I hope the young lady from the song is doing well and has a happier life now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandpa to the 2nd power   Grandpa to the 2nd power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grandpa to the 2nd power
Page 1 of 1