For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My ongoing testimony

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: My ongoing testimony   Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:52 pm

We all have a testimony of when and how we came to faith. But we also have an ongoing testimony as we never fully arrive in this life. 

I observe my continued testimony thus: 

1st was coming to faith in '89.

2nd was my growing and walking with the Lord for several years, creating a strong foundation by studying Scripture everyday, many days for up to 8 hours a day (I'd be engrossed until 2 in the morning at times). This helped me get a head knowledge of the Word and what God wanted me to know. However, reading is not a substitute for experience. That would come with suffering and seeing my sin for what it truly is.

That brings me to 3rd and current. Starting in 2005 when I had my 1st back surgery, then my Bible and study notes were stolen from my truck in 2006. This sent me from looking outward to looking inward. I began to suffer physically with multiple surgeries, addiction to pain killers, bitterness at life and God. I began over the last decade to see my own sinful nature - not just understand it from a head knowledge, book smart kinda way - but to truly "get" just what God has forgiven in us. I've seen the ugly, enemy of God sinful nature side of myself. I obviously don't like it, but I'm finally beginning to understand.

I am now weened off all medications and maintained by only 3 to 4 tablets a day (I finally asked the Dr and my amazing wife to help me as I knew I had a problem).
I've purchased another Bible just like the one stolen from me and am transferring all my notes to it... sort of a "new beginning"
I now feel the Spirit opening my eyes and heart to those outside of myself.

All in all I must say, I have not liked the last decade much... but I wouldn't change it for anything. It's shaped me into who I am now becoming.

God is good, all the time... even when life is unfair, we're suffering unimaginable pain and loss, and we're mad at Him. He is still there for us. I thank Him for not abandoning me and look forward to my ongoing testimony.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3270
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:10 pm

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18253
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:13 pm

That is an awesome testimony, Jim!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18278
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:54 am

You are an inspiration Jim.  Your struggle helps give me strength (and makes me feel like a baby for complaining in the first place....if that makes sense).
Smile

Number of posts : 8922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Trust me, none of its me. 
I AM a baby, a whiner... but the God who chose me is faithful and strong. That's what matters.

All of us have our own personal struggles that are unique to ourselves. One person suffering a specific problem may be able to handle it better than another person dealing with the same issue. We're all unique
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14729
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Awesome to read this Jim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ongoing testimony   

Back to top Go down

My ongoing testimony
View previous topic View next topic Back to top