Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite CD for this year.

Go down 
+10
Dynamis
Fundy
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
ishmael81
Staybrite
rockerVu2
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Here are the best albums I have heard so far this year (in no particular order):

Oblivion Myth - Inside The Mirror
Theocracy - Ghost Ship
Michael Sweet - One Sided War
The Neal Morse Band - The Similitude Of A Dream
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 4:05 am

Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Fundy wrote:
Theocracy, with out a doubt

Didn't Disciple release something this year?  How ever did you decided?  Laughing
lol!

I didn't end up buying the Disciple EP, but of the albums I did buy here's my top 3...

1 Theocracy
2 Skillet
3 Big Chris

Well you still have me beat, I didn't buy the new Disciple or the new Skillet.  Laughing

Both of them are solid listens.  While Skillet does return to a more keyboard driven sound, they are still a rock band.  The radio singles were very worshippy-pop stuff, but the rest of the album is solid.

The Disciple disc is brilliant.  It will definitely make my top 10.

I was hoping that the new Rose would have been out by now.  It probably would have made my list.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 10:17 am

My top 5:

#5: One Bad Pig - Love You To Death
#4: Skillet - Unleashed
#3: Theocracy - Ghost Ship
#2: Disciple - Long Live the Rebels
#1: Michael Sweet - One Sided War

Honorable Mention: XL & DBD - Offensive Truth Vol. 1 & 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 10:24 pm

I think Micheal Sweet's album is going to top (or be near the top) of many people's lists this year.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 am

I would agree!  It is a fantastic album.

Since the Rose album will definitely not make it this year, I will try to have my completed top 10 by the weekend.  I know--you all won't be able to sleep until I do.

lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 1:48 pm

I've decided that the Rose album won't drop this year either, so I've made my top 8 (not doing 10, because I only purchased 16 new albums this year).

1. Michael Sweet - One Sided War (easily his best solo album...even better than some Stryper albums)
2. The Union of Sinners & Saints - s/t (what a fantastic pairing of Bill Smiley and Jon Schlitt, hope they do another)
3. Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band - When Your Time Comes (I'm not a major blues fan but this album is just fantastic, easily Alldat's best effort yet).
4. Apocalyptic Lovers - Redemption Vol 1 (modern flare on a classic 80's sound, sure hope to hear more from these guys)
5. Joshua's Creed - s/t (fantastic collaboration with a lot of hard work from our very own Xid...and it paid off in a big way, I really hope they have a second album in them)
6. Dogs of Peace - Heel (not really my typical fare, but very well performed, very professional)
7. Liberty N Justice - Life Songs EP (one of my favorite current hard rock bands, hope they can get back together and record more music, double bonus to have Larry Worley from "Fear Not/Love Life" on vocals).
8. Dillon Reynolds - The Living Dead (I just love moody, acoustic-driven hard rock...this delivers with much emotion....also the lead singer the Joshua's Creed).

Most of the releases I purchased this year I really liked (Recon's reissue and the new Theocracy and the solo Lacey Sturm album)....but if I had to pick only 8 to keep it would be the ones listed above

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Quote :
1. Michael Sweet - One Sided War (easily his best solo album...even better than some Stryper albums)
2. The Union of Sinners & Saints - s/t (what a fantastic pairing of Bill Smiley and Jon Schlitt, hope they do another)
3. Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band - When Your Time Comes (I'm not a major blues fan but this album is just fantastic, easily Alldat's best effort yet).

You are way too kind, sir!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:34 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
1. Michael Sweet - One Sided War (easily his best solo album...even better than some Stryper albums)
2. The Union of Sinners & Saints - s/t (what a fantastic pairing of Bill Smiley and Jon Schlitt, hope they do another)
3. Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band - When Your Time Comes (I'm not a major blues fan but this album is just fantastic, easily Alldat's best effort yet).

You are way too kind, sir!

You deserve it, certainly one of my highlights of the year.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 8:29 pm

I am honored, Staybrite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
My Awesome Timothy

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Haven't decided my list, but I love the new NARNIA album.....
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 6:44 pm

1.  Dogs Of Peace - Heel
2.  Michael Sweet - One Sided War
3.  The Union Of Sinners and Saints
4.  Disciple - Long Live The Rebels
5.  Stairway - Power & Glory
6.  Skillet - Unleashed
7.  Crowder - American Prodigal
8.  Big Chris & D'Bare Bones Band - When Your Time Comes
9.  The Crimson Bridge Ministry - Remnant Rock
10.  Apologetix - Minor League
11.  Apologetix - Only A Glorified Covered Band
12.  Joshua's Creed
13. Narnia - Narnia
14.  Lacey Sturm - Life Screams
15.  Thousand Foot Krutch - Exhale

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 8:43 pm

I only own 6 of the albums on your list and 5 of those made my top 8.  All in all I think it was a pretty good year for Christian artist/band releases.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 4:18 am

It was a decent year--I will say that.  There have been some years I could do a top 20 or 25.  This year, I really had to go back through my list and pretty much list it all to get my top 15.

I did leave out one that I bought this year:  Apologetix: Quilt.  It is an album of 80's pop parodies.  I just don't like it at all.  I like it when they are doing rock and metal with occasional forays into pop or country.

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 am

I have no list, in fact I think the only ones I got were Narnia and Theocracy, like them both...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 8:14 am

Candlemass wrote:
I have no list, in fact I think the only ones I got were Narnia and Theocracy, like them both...

As long as you dig them, that is list enough.  Thumbs Up

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Candlemass wrote:

As long as you dig them, that is list enough.  Thumbs Up

I do indeed!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 4:09 am

I remember that commercial!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Here are the best albums I have heard so far this year (in no particular order):

Oblivion Myth - Inside The Mirror

Did not know they had a new one out, samples sound promising...
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 6:47 am

Now you'll can't sleep.
This is my list.

Narnia - Narnia.
Big Chris & D'BareBones Band - When Your time Has Come
Disciple - Long Live The Rebels
Stairway - Power & Glory
Eden's Way - Can't Get  Enough
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Now you'll can't sleep.
This is my list.

Narnia - Narnia.
Big Chris & D'BareBones Band - When Your time Has Come
Disciple - Long Live The Rebels
Stairway - Power & Glory
Eden's Way - Can't Get  Enough

Kind of surprised to see that Michael Sweet isn't on your list.  Are you not really a fan of his solo stuff?

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 7:11 am

To be honest I'm not really a fan of Michael Sweet's solo stuff.
But his last CD sound pretty cool.
Maybe I'll order it later.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 7:37 am

His latest solo project is as good as anything he's done with Stryper.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 2:19 pm

I've listened to the samples and I was surprized that this solo album was so good.
Now, I think I've to order it.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 9:24 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
I've listened to the samples and I was surprized that this solo album was so good.
Now, I think I've to order it.

I hope you enjoy it.  Smile

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 12:48 am

Didn't get too much this year (for obvious reasons) so I don't have a large variety to choose from, but from what I did get, this is what I really dug:
1. Theocracy : Ghost Ship
2. Eden's Way : Can't Get Enough
3. Big Chris and D'Bare Bones Band : When Your Time Comes
4. Pylon : A Lament
5. ApologetiX : (draw between) Quilt (and) Only a Glorified Cover Band
6. Joshua's Creed !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite CD for this year.   Your favorite CD for this year. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite CD for this year.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next