Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite music to listen too.

Go down 
+5
topshot rhit
LateFortheParty
Staybrite
7thSecond
rockerVu2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Your favorite music to listen too. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:30 am

What was the music you listened so much too in 2007?
Were it new CDs, CDs in an other style, older music you found out how cool they sound?
Or maybe you have listened to polka music lol!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:52 pm

I started dominantely listening to a lot of really harder stuff again in 2007. Demon Hunter, Ultimatum, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage etc. type stuff. Of course the mellower metal style stuff, Barren Cross, Holy Soldier, Eden's Curse, Primal Fear etc. were still played a lot as well.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Mostly the same stuff I always listen to. Classic Christian metal and hard rock, along with some more modern sounding rock and metal bands.

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:52 pm

As I get older What a Face my tastes are getting harder...

Quote :
Classic Christian metal and hard rock, along with some more modern sounding rock and metal bands.

Yes, and Yes. bounce
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:34 pm

Like fine wine, I've mellowed as I've aged. Still like all sorts of metal but it gets tiring to listen to in general, especially those with harsher vocals. But this really hasn't changed since I got back into radio 5 years ago.

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5332
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:20 am

This (last) year I have been mainly listening to melodic hard rock/metal.

Seventh Avenue's "Eternals" was a big player for me. Not a bad track on that album and I've spun that CD so many times my CD player can almost play it without the CD in!

Usually in a normal year I listen to a bit of celtic and/or southern gospel and/or pop and/or worship but in 2007 I listened to hardly any.

It was rock and metal all the way!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
eternal sanctum

eternal sanctum

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 3:48 am

Overall I have slightly mellowed over the last few years. I don't like anything with screaming or double bass drums anymore. This year I discovered there are lots of bands that fit the bill for me. They are pretty much all secular but I have found many new bands in the melodic metal, hard rock, and AOR styles that I really like. I also still love a lot of symphonic and progressive metal as long as it has melody and hooks (such as the new Dreamscape and Nightwish cd's)! I am listening to mostly all newer artists like Road To Ruin, Action, Work Of Art, Allen/Lande, among others. I also recently started getting into some gothic metal from Finland as well.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/empyrealsymphony
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:15 am

Last year I listened a lot to classic Christian rock bands like Apostle, Chrystavox, Rose and more.
I listenend to newer Praise and Worship bands.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23475
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I've mellowed quite a bit. I still love a lot of classic metal and hard rock, but newer artists in the Christian scene doing these styles are fewer and farther between each year--or so it seems. So, I started checking out a lot of modern rock bands, some worship artists, and some rock-ish CCM bands. I tend to really emerge myself in a particular style until I tire of it and then switch to something else for a while. I don't really tend to listen to a wide variety in a given day genre-wise. If it is a metal day, then so be it. If it's a modern rock day, then so be it. I just don't seem to mix it up a lot.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:02 pm

I still like hard rock but I am not a fan of "cookie monster music"
Or Demon Hunter or so.
It's true sometimes you have "metal days, or Praise and Worship days or blues days.
It seems the music you listen too has to do with the mood you are in.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Quote :
I am not a fan of "cookie monster music"

Yeah, I can't get into the "core" vocals very much. I like how the music is hard, fast and driving, I even like their lyrics for the most part, just sounds like the exact Same vocalists for ALL of these bands (and, it may very well be, I can't prove that it is not Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:11 pm

I like almost all the cookie monster music Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 pm

endlessfuneral2003 wrote:
I like almost all the cookie monster music Twisted Evil

Now there's a surprise..........NOT!
lol!

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:23 pm

hahahaha I'm the black sheep Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite music to listen too.   Your favorite music to listen too. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite music to listen too.
Page 1 of 1