Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+15
Guilty/Forgiven
messiaen77
BearDad
rockerVu2
xenonlion
Oldiesmann
Driven
Hardkore
Xid
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
ishmael81
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Random Ramblings - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Hey alldat!

I couldn't help but notice that as soon as we released our albums, Theocracy and Michael Sweet released theirs.  Coincidence, or conspiracy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Conspiracy.  They are afraid of our talents.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 6:03 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 pm

I really appreciate my family here at CHM. You've all been there for me on threads as well as privately thru PMs. I am truly blessed to be part of this little community of true believers with hearts in the right place.

I "could" whine about all my problems as of late, but I'd prefer to see the positive more. I still have a roof over my head, an amazing wife who is the definition of longsuffering, and I live in a country where I can get the healthcare I need. I want to remain positive in the midst of all my current issues as I know they're only temporary, and not to mention the fact that I'm not alone. There are many others hurting and going thru difficulties right now, so perhaps this trial is to give me more compassion for others and what they're experiencing. We'll see.

Thanks for the prayers, and the kind words. You all ROCK !!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Back atcha dude!  cheers

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I really appreciate my family here at CHM. You've all been there for me on threads as well as privately thru PMs. I am truly blessed to be part of this little community of true believers with hearts in the right place.

I "could" whine about all my problems as of late, but I'd prefer to see the positive more. I still have a roof over my head, an amazing wife who is the definition of longsuffering, and I live in a country where I can get the healthcare I need. I want to remain positive in the midst of all my current issues as I know they're only temporary, and not to mention the fact that I'm not alone. There are many others hurting and going thru difficulties right now, so perhaps this trial is to give me more compassion for others and what they're experiencing. We'll see.

Thanks for the prayers, and the kind words. You all ROCK !!!
I enjoy your YT vids, I never miss a new one! Really loved the "horror movie" you made as a kid. That was awesome!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 7:21 am

Seventy degrees and tornado watches on Saturday and a small ice storm on Sunday with highs not even getting up to freezing.  That is Tennessee weather for you!  If you don't like the weather here, stick around.  It will change......faster than you imagine.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Another reason I don't hang around here much is that I'm just not much into the Christian rock scene. Now that I have a car, I'm going through all my CDs pretty quickly, and I realize why I don't really enjoy all that much Christian music: the production is usually pretty weak, whether old or new. Also, I'm coming to realize that some so-called Christian music can be actually pretty vague. I like a band that has clear lyrics, Christian or not. So, in a nutshell, I'm mostly out of the loop of what's new and what's reissued, and so I don't have that much to say in the music section. I haven't given up Christian music by any means, either, but I just don't enjoy it like I used to.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 am

The production is usually thinner because the fanbase and possible sales will be less.  Therefore, the labels cannot spend the same getting that huge sound that they do for secular releases.  Some bands do achieve that huge sound on their own (Rob Rock, Narnia, etc.).

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 8:42 am

Driven wrote:
Another reason I don't hang around here much is that I'm just not much into the Christian rock scene. Now that I have a car, I'm going through all my CDs pretty quickly, and I realize why I don't really enjoy all that much Christian music: the production is usually pretty weak, whether old or new. Also, I'm coming to realize that some so-called Christian music can be actually pretty vague. I like a band that has clear lyrics, Christian or not. So, in a nutshell, I'm mostly out of the loop of what's new and what's reissued, and so I don't have that much to say in the music section. I haven't given up Christian music by any means, either, but I just don't enjoy it like I used to.
I would like to suggest you pick up some music from Canada's other power trio Triumph. They have some good stuff. Some is hit or miss but when they hit it is really good. And I see where you are coming from. Some of the production is pretty bad. In the last couple of years I think I have enjoyed Jupiter VI the most (I need to get that out again, haven't played it in a while). It was different (reminded me of Pink Floyd). Still spinning Michael Sweet's new one in my truck. But lately I have not been listening to as much music in the truck and have started listening to a lot of non music podcasts.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Sometimes being the parent of a teenage girl sucks! I am now an evil dictator because I say sitting in your car with a 19yo boy after work is a bad decision. "Dad, we're just talking." Riiiigggght. That's where it starts, kiddo. I was a 19yo boy once; I know that beneath the smiles and "I just want to talk" lines he's a predator!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 11:14 pm

I remember being a 19 year old boy (heck a 16 year old boy), and I remember trying the old Jimbo Jones "My shirt is chaffing me" routine.

https://vimeo.com/665598

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 6:49 am

Staybrite wrote:
I remember being a 19 year old boy (heck a 16 year old boy), and I remember trying the old Jimbo Jones "My shirt is chaffing me" routine.

"Dad, nothing's going to happen. We're just friends, and he wanted to talk."

Riiiigggght. So the puzzle is this: how to convince her he has an agenda, even if he doesn't know he has an agenda. And the second puzzle is this: how do I get rid of him without committing a sin and going to prison. 

Random Ramblings - Page 9 5849a686df9e25a87e9af115c2f02260
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 9:07 am

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Riiiigggght. So the puzzle is this: how to convince her he has an agenda, even if he doesn't know he has an agenda. And the second puzzle is this: how do I get rid of him without committing a sin and going to prison. 

If they're just talking, you can sit outside the car (where you can't hear what they're saying) and monitor them with no problem, right? Just park your lawn chair outside the car - problem solved.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 am

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

If they're just talking, you can sit outside the car (where you can't hear what they're saying) and monitor them with no problem, right? Just park your lawn chair outside the car - problem solved.

You do realize I live in South Dakota, right? Last week we broke multiple records for low temperatures. I am NOT sitting outside the car in a lawn chair. Smile

What happened was this: she works with this guy, and after work they sat in his car "to talk." And being slightly clueless they took selfies and posted to their Facebook accounts. Clearly she forgot that rule #1 for having a Facebook account was that Daddy is watching.  Twisted Evil  She insists they were just talking and "nothing is going to happen," something any man over 30 knows is exactly what this guy is hoping will NOT be true.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

You do realize I live in South Dakota, right? Last week we broke multiple records for low temperatures. I am NOT sitting outside the car in a lawn chair. Smile

What happened was this: she works with this guy, and after work they sat in his car "to talk." And being slightly clueless they took selfies and posted to their Facebook accounts. Clearly she forgot that rule #1 for having a Facebook account was that Daddy is watching.  Twisted Evil  She insists they were just talking and "nothing is going to happen," something any man over 30 knows is exactly what this guy is hoping will NOT be true.

Have you met this guy yet? If nothing is going to happen, maybe she won't have a problem with you meeting him. Then, when he shows up, you pull him aside and quietly tell him:
"Listen boy. I been to prison once. And a part of me wouldn't mind going back."

Then announce to everyone you're going to get your handgun so you can clean it because it "hasn't been put to good use in a while."
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 3:16 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Have you met this guy yet? If nothing is going to happen, maybe she won't have a problem with you meeting him. Then, when he shows up, you pull him aside and quietly tell him:

Then announce to everyone you're going to get your handgun so you can clean it because it "hasn't been put to good use in a while."

I actually had a similar thought, only it was shotgun since I don't own a handgun. And I thought I'd have it leaning on the wall as he came in, along with my hunting rifle and even my bow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 4:51 pm

BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I actually had a similar thought, only it was shotgun since I don't own a handgun. And I thought I'd have it leaning on the wall as he came in, along with my hunting rifle and even my bow. Very Happy

affraid What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Them teens turn into 20 somethings that continue to give you gray hair and ulcers. I love my kids but they've made some of the worse decisions ever... I could just strangle them sometimes ! But at the end of the day, they're still alive, not in jail, and there's still hope. Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Quote :
I would like to suggest you pick up some music from Canada's other power trio Triumph. They have some good stuff. 

I discovered Triumph when Thunder Seven was released and it was love-at-first-listen ! Since then, I've scored almost all their albums and would have to say they're in my top fav 50 bands of all time !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 11:01 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
I would like to suggest you pick up some music from Canada's other power trio Triumph. They have some good stuff. 

I discovered Triumph when Thunder Seven was released and it was love-at-first-listen ! Since then, I've scored almost all their albums and would have to say they're in my top fav 50 bands of all time !

My first Triumph album was the one before that "Never Surrender" and I was super impressed with them myself.  I purchased it as a cassette the year it was released. I remember buying it and Gary Moore's "Victims of the Future" at around the same time (late in 1983) from my local drug store.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 12:20 pm

I SHOULD have done it yesterday while it was 70 degrees and sunny.  It is 52 outside today, though, and still sunny.  So, down come all the Christmas decorations.  I have been at it for over an hour ad nearly have everything down and back in the building.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 3:39 pm

I come to work today and it is a balmy 54 degrees in my office (it almost feels warmer outside).  Turns out that the tenant next to us closed for the week between Christmas and New Years....so they decided to turn the thermostat down to 55 degrees.  Unfortunately that thermostat controls the temperature for our entire half of the building.  For some reason the owner doesn't have the security code for that unit, and can't enter without setting it off the alarm.
So finally around 12:30 we got the receptionist from the office next to us to come in and turn the heat back on....brrrr.  Not sure if I'm going to warm up now today.

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I SHOULD have done it yesterday while it was 70 degrees and sunny.  It is 52 outside today, though, and still sunny.  So, down come all the Christmas decorations.  I have been at it for over an hour ad nearly have everything down and back in the building.

I think I'll wait until the temperature gets above freezing. Sad

Oh yeah! I didn't put any up this year, because it hasn't been above freezing since Thanksgiving! Smile
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 pm

If you are ever near Tuscaloosa, AL and have a hankering for some great barbeque, you have got to trAve about 26 miles to Boss Hogg''s in Reform, AL.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next