For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Random Ramblings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43
AuthorMessage
Xid

Number of posts : 3234
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Have a good time and don't forget to visit Cabo Wabo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18169
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm

We are about to embark on a journey that will illustrate the unkindness of time.  Behold, the 30 year high school reunion!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:02 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
We are about to embark on a journey that will illustrate the unkindness of time.  Behold, the 30 year high school reunion!
I've pretty much decided I'm going to skip mine just as I did for the 20 and for the 10 before that.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Number of posts : 5637
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 pm

It'll be interesting to see how my high school reunions go.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:03 am

Hey ya'll. Feel like I've been away from this thread for ages. Coming up for air.

High school reunions....just say no.  Smile

My random thought: the cinerarias  have bloomed. My garden is purple, pink, fuschia, white, and blue. Pretty pretty
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

The reunion was good for me.  I did not hang out with most of the kids in my grade as many of them were jerks to me back then.  My unwillingness to really invest in face to face friends stems from the crap I experienced during high school.  However, it was a good practice in forgiveness and kindness.

Still, being around all of them transformed me from a social introvert back into a full fledged wallflower last night.  I felt very much an outsider, but that is understandable.  I didn't hang out with these people and don't have the memories they do together.  I just did my own thing and was constantly attacked for being different.  What I don't understand is why I fell back into feeling pretty worthless around these people when they have done nothing to me in the 30 years since high school.

So, I was thinking about all that this morning and was feeling pretty sorry for myself to be honest.  I don't like feeling that way but sometimes I just do.  I think we all do.  But, I was reminded by the Lord that I am LOVED; I am CHOSEN.  I just need to REMEMBER those things.  I am not worthless--I am a child of the King!  I will always be worth more than I can fathom just because the Father has given me value.  With that said, I am glad that I went last night because maybe it was just a setup by the Lord to remind me of what I mean to Him.  Why would I say that?  Honestly for the past year to maybe year and a half I have just been following Jesus with my head and have forgotten how much He loves me.  I have many times came close to giving up because I had forgotten who I am.  I do not want to forget that I am LOVED and CHOSEN.  I need to REMEMBER......

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:13 pm

Good stuff!  I'll still pass on mine.  lol
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1578
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

Every time I see the reunion announcements I think about going, but then I realize there are only about 7 people in my graduating class of about 450 that I have any interest in seeing and talking to.  Five of them I keep in touch with through FB and the other two seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2955
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Our 30th high school reunion is next year.  If they actually get something together, I'll probably try to go.  Although I probably have more friends from university than I ever did in high school.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Yeah, me too TTDR. I don't keep in touch with anyone from my high school. University was where I met friends who had the same interests as me. While at high school, my friends were everything to me...the centre of the universe (apart from God, of course) so I was surprised at how quickly we grew apart. No animosity, just a withering of the vine.

Wonder why that is.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14668
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Today I've planted new strawberry plants in the backyard.
I hope we're getting lots of strawberries next year.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Yum. I love strawberries. I missed planting them this year because I only had time to clear one plot. It was a choice between peas, beans, and potatoes or strawberries. The veggies won...last years strawberries are somewhere underneath the mountain of weeds   Sad

I hope you get some lovely strawberries in the summer RV
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am

And the madness continues  jocolor
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Oi...that's not madness. May the veggies of the world rise up in their defense.

Nah. Veggies made more economic sense to my poor ailing pocket book because they're longer lasting. Hum drum practical matters win the day (and a place in the garden).  (:
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1578
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Yeah, me too TTDR. I don't keep in touch with anyone from my high school. University was where I met friends who had the same interests as me. While at high school, my friends were everything to me...the centre of the universe (apart from God, of course) so I was surprised at how quickly we grew apart. No animosity, just a withering of the vine.

Wonder why that is.
You move on, gain other interests, families, jobs....  I had a group of friends from high school that got together at Christmas break each year for a few years, but then people started doing other things over break and then it all just stopped.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 am

That's how it happened with my high school friends too. Folks move on. It's kind of sad in a way.

You're right though. People grow and change and I certainly don't regret that!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 am

Oh, it seemed like I had little in common with the folks I went to school with.  I don't drink or smoke.  Most of them do.  Some of them mentioned going to church, but were blitzed out of their mind by night's end.  People found out I was a youth minister and cleaned up their speech as well.  The guys mostly went off to one side to talk about football and other sports to which I am illiterate.  The ladies were talking about how wild they were in high school and college.  I didn't do all that.  I did some drinking on the weekends with a couple of friends when I was 17.  I graduated at 17 and married at 18.  I did my college through a distance study program while working a full time job with a wife long before online courses were offered.

Even as an adult, I don't "go to church".  I am a Christian who wants to make an impact for the Lord whether big or small.  I work with youth because that is where God has led me thus far both in the church and at school.  I believe we are to BE the church by boldly loving, serving, teaching, etc.  As Petra called it, these are the "marks of the cross".

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm

One thing I was actually surprised about is that quite a few people from my high school graduating class also went to my alma mater, the University of Houston.  But since I was an engineering student while also being in marching/pep band, I rarely saw any of them.  Some I didn't even know they went there until re-connecting with them on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 43 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43