For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3354
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:50 pm

I have. I don't advise it. I had a stack of cd's I no longer wanted and sent them to decluttr. I had two orders that totaled $10.81 and $7.48 - not a fortune - but a decent little chunk that was coming into my PayPal.

I received notice that the order for $10.81 was processed and I only received $2.56 because they rejected 9 of my 14 items.

Here's the thing that honks me off - the 9 they rejected, they don't ship back to you. I didn't check it (okay, shame on me) but any item they reject, they "cannot return to the seller", which means they got 9 free cd's from just me. Not to mention, I feel like they owe me $8.

All the rejections were not for the discs being beat up - they were "wrong barcode" - which is stupid because I scanned every barcode with the app that they designed!

Seriously, I feel like I would have been better off just giving them away on Facebook or throwing them in the trash.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18184
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?   Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:40 pm

That would seriously tick me off as well.
I don't mind giving cds away to individuals but I'm not going to give them away to any business for free.  Total B.S.

Admin

Number of posts : 18093
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?   Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:20 am

I felt just as burned by CD trading site LaLa when they went MP3 sales and trading dried up.  I was out around 13-15 CDs that I would never receive a disc in return or download either.  Since then, I have been hesitant to swap CDs through any site.  I've also not found a lot that I wanted that way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3354
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?   Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:24 am

Glad to hear I'm not reacting unreasonably. I wouldn't mind the rejection so much if I got my stuff back. I think from now on when I can't sell something, I'm just gonna give it to Goodwill or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever used Decluttr.com?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1