For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I hate to do this but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3363
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: I hate to do this but...   Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:27 am

I shared last week that my wife and I were going out of town for our anniversary. We left last Friday and returned yesterday.

Before we left, I checked our checking account and it had a certain amount. I therefore budgeted that amount for gas, food, souvenirs and left a little until my wife gets paid Friday and I get paid next Tuesday. Unfortunately, I did not check to make sure everything had processed. Our tithe, a payment to our son's school for his lunch and a bill all went through after I pulled out the cash for our trip.

So we got back late last night from an awesome trip to find that we're almost $600 in the negative - which means pretty much all of her check and some of my check will be eaten up by this... which will then throw off our finances for the next two or three paychecks...

So if you guys know of a way I could get some help, I would appreciate it. If I can get it in there by Thursday afternoon, we'll be good. I know most of you don't have a lot of disposable income otherwise I would ask if anyone would be willing to help from here. But I hate to do that.

So if anyone has a creative idea, I would appreciate it... and of course prayer is free... Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18213
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm

In a similar boat myself.  My wife's recent surgery was kind of sudden (and not anticipated so soon).  It will probably cost us a month of her on leave with no pay...to top it off we just loaned our daughter about half of what was in our meager savings account (and she seems to have stopped making payments to pay us back).
Financial troubles are the worst.

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:24 am

Praying for you brother.

I guess we're just going to have to take the hit on what happened. I thought about talking with our pastor but since our church is so new and small, we don't have any funds for something like this, which means I would just be borrowing money from him. He's one of my two my best friends and I don't think that's wise. Looks like Ramen noodles for dinner!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 2948
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Didn't see this until now. I assume you've already been hit with all the NSF fees. I guess you can PM if you're still in major trouble.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:13 pm

We're till in trouble but we'll make it work. My wife' check was about $740 and the NSF fees totaled $600. So we have a little bit until i get paid Tuesday... Now we just need to get back on track. We're trying to move to an envelope system by the first of next year.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8918
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Seems to be tight times for everyone these days  Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate to do this but...   

Back to top Go down

I hate to do this but...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1