Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Theocracy

Go down 
+16
ChristTrekker
Andreas89
deathisgain
Guilty/Forgiven
KellyM
Xid
mr.electric40
ishmael81
Through The Dark Radio
messiaen77
kerrick
Pro-Zak
alldatndensum
Fundy
Staybrite
BearDad
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

New Theocracy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 12:41 am

I hope this album is better than the last... I loved Mirror of Souls, but As the World Bleeds was just meh for me... some good stuff nothing awesome...imo... 

Most Theocracy fans are like Stryper fans... It doesn't matter what they do "It's the greatest thing ever...!!"...  So I hope this one delivers...

Of course I will play some on my show... Its what you do...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:02 am

I was pleasantly surprised to find out this morning that this CD is one of Amazon's "autorip" items, so while my pre-ordered CD will not arrive until this evening the MP3s are already in my music library. Having downloaded it and given it a listen I can attest that it is very good. I'm no rabid Theocracy fan, and I've only gone through it once, but the CD will definitely end up in my truck for a few days once it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 8:05 am

"As the World Bleeds" was a fine album, just not stellar like "Mirror of Souls"...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 1:54 pm

I really like the new Theocracy.  I'm still waiting for a physical CD from Theocracy with all of their Christmas songs  santa
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I'm still waiting for a physical CD from Theocracy with all of their Christmas songs  santa

Even though I already own all of them digitally, I would definitely buy this. rendeer
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm so happy that Theocracy has decided to celebrate the release of the Joshua's Creed debut by releasing an album of their own!

Rock on, fellas.  Rock.  On.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5323
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 am

Mine arrived yesterday.  Really great on first listen, but I find with Theocracy that the songs get better the more you listen to them.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm really digging the new album. I hear a Tourniquet influence throughout the whole thing. For me, that is not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 pm

I think mine is is the huge pile of mail I got over the last two weeks....I just haven't been able to dig it out yet!  (I was away on vacation).

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Go find it now!  For me this is the most consistent of Theocracy's albums (i.e. I love all the tracks!).  All their other albums I find a couple that are only good, but not great.  So far I haven't skipped a track as none of the songs are less than epic!

If I had to pick a track it would be Paper Tiger, but in the end all I can say is that the first 10 tracks are superb!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 am

Finances are on the anemic side these days, but hey, it's my birthday in 1 week - so, because of that, Ghost Ship vinyl is on it's way to my house as we speak  cheers Thumbs Up HeadbangWoo
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Finally listened to it this morning.  It seems to have an interesting mix of musical styles while still sounding very much like Theocracy....not a ton of "sameyness" on the album.  Surprising (for those of us with musical ADD), nearly all of the songs fall into the 5ish minutes or less time range.  Only two songs over 6 minutes.  Shocked

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Finally listened to it this morning.  It seems to have an interesting mix of musical styles while still sounding very much like Theocracy....not a ton of "sameyness" on the album.  Surprising (for those of us with musical ADD), nearly all of the songs fall into the 5ish minutes or less time range.  Only two songs over 6 minutes.  Shocked

Wait, does this mean that there is a faint possibility that Alldat might listen to it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 6:09 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Wait, does this mean that there is a faint possibility that Alldat might listen to it? Laughing

You never know. stranger things have happened.  ROTFL

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 7:53 pm

KellyM wrote:
I'm really digging the new album. I hear a Tourniquet influence throughout the whole thing. For me, that is not a bad thing.
So it's all about killing animals and grabbing some KFC on your way from the zoo to the circus?  

Oh wait, that's when you listen to a Tourniquet album backwards.
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 5:08 am

I got the new album for my birthday last weekend. What I've heard so far was very good (as has always been the case with Theocracy). But it's definitely not as accessible as As the World Bleeds.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 11:06 am

messiaen77 wrote:
KellyM wrote:
So it's all about killing animals and grabbing some KFC on your way from the zoo to the circus?  

Oh wait, that's when you listen to a Tourniquet album backwards.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 11:33 am

I don't know why but I can't get into Theocracy at all. I have the first two albums and am intrigued by 'Ghost Ship' but am hesitant to get it since I can't get into the band at all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Cydonius wrote:
I don't know why but I can't get into Theocracy at all. I have the first two albums and am intrigued by 'Ghost Ship' but am hesitant to get it since I can't get into the band at all.

You probably wouldn't like it then.  I recommend spending your money on something you will like better.

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 pm

I need to place a massive order to Ulterium and get a bunch of their stuff, including everything from Theocracy.

I'm on the lookout for other bands of this genre. When I found Ulterium it was like stumbling onto the mother lode. Any others, besides HB?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:24 pm

^Signum Regis is really great!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm

kerrick wrote:
^Signum Regis is really great!
I'd second, third and fourth that!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:36 pm

afro lol! Amen
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 5:43 pm

ChristTrekker wrote:
I need to place a massive order to Ulterium and get a bunch of their stuff, including everything from Theocracy.

I'm on the lookout for other bands of this genre. When I found Ulterium it was like stumbling onto the mother lode. Any others, besides HB?

Strictly Christian bands? I ask because Sinbreed has stated they are not, InnerWish supposedly is (according to Encyclopedia Metallum) but their lyrics don't make it obvious like Theocracy and Signum Regis, and Diviner doesn't make any claim either way (but their lead guitarist apparently is, and he was originally with InnerWish). If you like female-fronted power metal but aren't concerned about it being a Christian group as long as the lyrics are clean you might like Seven Kingdoms, a favorite of mine, with fantasy-based lyrics.

https://www.facebook.com/SevenKingdomsOfficial/

InnerStrength and Jacobs Dream are also good Christian power metal bands, although more the American than the European style. (There is a difference for those that don't know. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Theocracy   New Theocracy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Theocracy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next