Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mailing to Canada

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 pm

G'Day eh !

I send out VCLT (vinyl trades and gifts) often. I have a buddy in Canada I sent a small package a few months ago and it cost me about 15 bucks -not bad. The other day I packed up a lot of stuff for him -took it to the post office and they said $36.49 !!! I nearly fell down !!

Is anyone aware of another way that's less expensive ? UPS, FedEx? I really wanted to gift my friend there, but it's so costly !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 8:09 am

Nope.  The USPS has drastically raised rates to any foreign country.  I don't know if they are trying to bail out an over bloated system that is losing cash left and right or if they are having to charge more for inspecting packages coming across the borders. 

With my CD, I did discover that if I could get it in a particular sized envelope that I could ship it fairly inexpensively.  I've mailed them to Canada, the UK, the Netherlands, and will be shipping one to Brazil on Monday.  I've not had to spend over $3 yet.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks. That's good info to know. I took the contents of my buddy in GWN's and removed CD cases, and extra packing and compacted it down to smaller and lighter - hopefully I can get it under 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:09 am

If you can get it into a 6" X 9" envelope and keep it thin enough to fit through a mail slot, you can get really cheap.  That is why I am honoring my price of $10 with shipping for anyone ordering through me.  I can ship my CD here in the states for less than $2 and to Canada/Europe for slightly more than $2.  It is considered a small envelope and not a package/parcel if under a certain weight.  With the CD sleeves, I am well under that weight.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 am

Quote :
into a 6" X 9" envelope 

Hmmmmm,  6X9 eh ? Perhaps I figured out a way.....

Mailing to Canada Record10

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mailing to Canada Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mailing to Canada   Mailing to Canada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mailing to Canada
Page 1 of 1