For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uncertain times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17657
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:37 pm

We will vote Sunday on the committee to start the search for a new pastor.  Unless the Lord leads otherwise, I intend to submit my resume then.  I've prayed and I feel that I should.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Been praying for your church.
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:21 am

Well, things have gotten interesting.  I put my resume in for the pastor's position at my church.  I've been talking to a church in Dyersburg, TN about possibly being their full time youth pastor.  I've been talking to a church in Columbia, TN about being their full time youth/music minister.  To top it all off, I was contacted last night about a church in Nashville that is looking for a bi-vocational pastor.  Options are nice, but it confuses things more!

I just want to be used where God needs and leads me.  Even if it is in the position I currently am, that is okay.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14432
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:59 am

That's good news.
God will give you what's the best.
Praying for you.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3197
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:03 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Well, things have gotten interesting.  I put my resume in for the pastor's position at my church.  I've been talking to a church in Dyersburg, TN about possibly being their full time youth pastor.  I've been talking to a church in Columbia, TN about being their full time youth/music minister.  To top it all off, I was contacted last night about a church in Nashville that is looking for a bi-vocational pastor.  Options are nice, but it confuses things more!

I just want to be used where God needs and leads me.  Even if it is in the position I currently am, that is okay.

Still praying for you. I've noticed when things get like that, oftentimes a door just closes, then another, then suddenly you're left with only one option.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:21 am

Interesting indeed!  Keeping you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2823
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

I'd stay away from those music minister positions.  Working with youths is much easier than working with adults . . . . just sayin'  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Still praying for you. I've noticed when things get like that, oftentimes a door just closes, then another, then suddenly you're left with only one option.

I am praying that God does exactly this!  I don't want to walk into someplace where I don't feel I'd be a good fit or would hinder the work of the Lord.

Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Praying tonight for God to fill you up with wisdom, peace, clarity, discernment and Holy Spirit comfort, power and assurance--so that you might be truly free in Christ---regardless of circumstances.  God's got this bro.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3197
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 am

alldatndensum wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I am praying that God does exactly this!  I don't want to walk into someplace where I don't feel I'd be a good fit or would hinder the work of the Lord.

Praying in agreement with you. This is where I am with my job search.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:34 am

God knows you better than anyone in the world.
He will give you what fits to you. Where you feel comfortable and where you can serve Him on your best.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17732
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:09 am

Praying that God will make the choice obvious to you.

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Praying tonight... for peace and joy inside bro.  God's got it all.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Thanks!

Today was a good day at church.  One of our members brought our messages.  I think that the Lord is calling him to ministry, but I don't think he is quite pastor material yet.  I think he'd be a great evangelist, youth pastor, etc.  He's got quite a testimony to say the least!

I led worship this morning.  Our church has been VERY conservative musically the whole time I have been there.  So, I am trying to incorporate some modern worship songs into our services while attempting to balance them with the old hymns as well.  We have an older congregation who wishes to preserve that but seem to be open to newer songs (praise songs, modern hymns, whatever you call them).  So, I play my acoustic guitar and use the piano and organ too.  So far, I have heard almost all good things about adding some different elements.

My heart, though, is for the pastor's position.  I know we have to let our search committee do their thing.  However, I am ready to say "yes" and run with it.  How do I know I can do a great job?  Because I know that the Lord is already working in front of me.  If I follow Him, it will be a success even when my humanness is exposed and I fail.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:30 am

That was my thought too, you as pastor from your church.
Let's see what God is thinking about this.
I keep praying for this.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Right now, I am questioning my sanity with desiring to pastor this church.  Just when things seemed to be settling down, major DRAMA erupts.  Why in the world can't grown people ACT like grown ups?  Then, they expect the church leadership to take a side and get involved when they should work it out personally.  Grow up, people!!!!

OK, rant over!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:23 pm

That's the life of a pastor Wink
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Perhaps, but it should not be.  Rather than focusing on training people for ministry (the main work of a pastor inside the church) and moving the church towards better evangelism, you end up spending so much time fighting wildfires that ought not to even be a problem for even semi-mature Christians.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:42 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:

Perhaps, but it should not be.  Rather than focusing on training people for ministry (the main work of a pastor inside the church) and moving the church towards better evangelism, you end up spending so much time fighting wildfires that ought not to even be a problem for even semi-mature Christians.

Even semi-mature Christians are getting harder to find.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:13 pm

I am leading the adult Wed. night Bible study this week followed by doing both sermons on Sunday.  I am BUSY!

I also went this weekend to Dyersburg, TN for an interview with a different church.

I need some serious direction right now from the Lord.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:00 am

Would Dyersburg require you to move? How far is it from where you live?

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:07 am

It would require a move.  It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way.  Watertown, where I live, is almost dead center of the state.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm sure God will give you His direction.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:39 pm

The church in Dyersburg wants a second interview.  My wife does not want to go there.  I am praying that God will really show me His plan for us in this.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17732
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:50 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The church in Dyersburg wants a second interview.  My wife does not want to go there.  I am praying that God will really show me His plan for us in this.

Maybe that was the sign you were hoping for from God.

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   

Back to top Go down

Uncertain times
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next