For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uncertain times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14313
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 am

It helps to vent.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8633
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:55 pm

Venting is welcome here. 
If it wasn't, I'd a been kicked out years ago  Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17317
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:09 pm

Things are heating up still.  While the troublemakers have started their own church with a new pastor, many people think they are going to try to somehow force our pastor out, come back in, and bring their new pastor with them.  Not on my watch, they aren't!

While this is going on, the deacons have called a meeting for Monday night.  They have been getting tons of phone calls from members wanting to know what they are going to do about our current pastor.  It smells of the proverbial lynch mob.  If they are too aggressive, I think my pastor would step down.  I think there are people still within our church that would like to see that happen.  Deep down, they feel that our pastor is the cause of all the division and want him outed.  I am not so sure, but I am trying not to take sides as SOMEONE has to be ready to try to bring healing to this situation.

So, I am both looking forward and dreading Monday night.  We need to get united again and maybe that can happen Monday night.  I don't know what will happen, but I know something needs to change.  I am praying for the Lord to show up and show off.  If we need new leadership, even if it means I need to go, too, then I am ready to do whatever I feel that Jesus is asking me to do.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

Number of posts : 2239
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Yikes, this sounds like such a miserable situation.  Thanks for keeping us posted and I hope that Monday goes well.  May wisdom, unity, peace, patience, and clarity be the primary themes of the evening.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 2853
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:22 pm

I've been keeping this in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3015
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:56 am

Still praying for you and I will definitely pray for your meeting Monday.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:03 pm

While times are uncertain, I did get the opportunity to sub for our regular song leader.  I took my guitar today and did a simple blend of contemporary and older hymns.  I got a lot of positive responses and many from folks who don't usually compliment me on anything.  I just decided to get up there and praise the Lord whether they did or not.  They did.  There is life in this church--I just know it.  I want God to remind them so bad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 17351
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:40 pm

That is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dim situation.

Praying the meeting tonight goes well.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:34 pm

The meeting went.  Very Happy 

The deacons made a case quickly about our pastor needing to resign with the church attendance plummeting.  Part of it is because of the split.  Part of the people not coming have issues with the pastor.  Whether it is right or wrong, he agreed to step down.

For the time being, I am still on staff as the youth pastor.  If the numbers don't go up soon, we won't be able to afford a senior and youth pastor.  So, I am going to serve at my church with everthing I've got as I feel the Lord would want.  I am also going to be looking at opportunities that may arise.  We may lose more people by being without a pastor.  We may pick people back up because our pastor is gone.  The future is still uncertain, but at least I know part of what we are up against.

Bringing in the pastor that the "other church" has gotten did come up tonight.  I did say that we shouldn't just vote him in if that comes up.  We need to pray hard that God will send the right leader for us that can help us change the direction this church is headed.  I would hate to see a 194 year old church dwindle down until it dies.

Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:51 am

Still keeping you and your church in prayer.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:29 am

That's what I do too.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Thank you all.

Everything that I feel that the Lord is telling me is to be strong in Him and wait on Him.  I have no idea for what, but I can accept being the clay in the Potter's hands.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 am

Sometimes churches can grow when there is no pastor.  We had that for a couple of years in the 2005 - 2009 window.  We had no pastor, but because we had lots of visiting speakers it made the sundays rather interesting.  Yes we had dull speakers once in a while, but we also had really good solid and 'charismatic' speakers which revitalised the church.

I found that interim very helpful and rewarding.  It made the church knuckle down together and try and  do things as a team rather than 'leave everything to the pastor because that's what he's paid for!'

I hope and pray that your church will grown in this time of 'uncertainty'.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:57 pm

I do as well.

While I want to throw in the towel in disgust here, part of me wants to submit a resume to the search committee once it is activated.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:18 am

I can see it now:

alldatndensum, Head Pastor
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I can see it now:

alldatndensum, Head Pastor

Instead of worship songs selected from hymnals or Hillsong, the congregation will be singing songs from the Mission of One & Big Chris & D'BBB catalog.
cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Sunday will be our pastor's last day.  He will announce his resignation after morning service.

We had "revival meetings" this week.  All of this was arranged months ago.  It has been good, but it still felt tense knowing that our pastor is leaving.

My job there is still uncertain.  If we shrink more, they won't need a youth pastor.  Times are still uncertain.

I did have a bright spot this week, however.  Our Director of Missions for our local Baptist Association asked me to send him my resume.  There are a few churches in the county without a senior pastor, and he feels that I would be great with any of them.  He is going to share my resume with these churches.  I am just praying that God will plant me where I am needed to serve whether it is with a new church or as the senior pastor of mine.  I plan on submitting my application as soon as our search committee is formed.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:07 pm

Still praying. I know it's hard not knowing your next step but I admire your desire to follow God even in the uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 am

Praying for this.
For you it's an uncertain time.
God knows what His will is for you.
Rely on Him, He'll show you His way.
What He brings on your path is good.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Number of posts : 3517
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:24 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I did have a bright spot this week, however.  Our Director of Missions for our local Baptist Association asked me to send him my resume.  There are a few churches in the county without a senior pastor, and he feels that I would be great with any of them.  He is going to share my resume with these churches.  I am just praying that God will plant me where I am needed to serve whether it is with a new church or as the senior pastor of mine.  I plan on submitting my application as soon as our search committee is formed.

To me this sounds very promising.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Our pastor did step down this morning as was agreed upon.  We did not have night time services tonight so that people could have time to think about and deal a little bit with the sudden change.  I think that was probably a good idea.

I have been asked to fill in next Sunday.  I don't know if I am up to the challenge, but I am going to try.  With God's help, maybe I will have something to say that the people need to hear.

I just keep praying that God will use me wherever He can.  I also pray for a new pastor where I am.  I want this church to be truly revived and alive.  I want to hear an abundance of children laughing in the halls, people singing with gusto, the roar of pages turning when the Scripture is given, crying from people being moved because they have fully understood for the first time that Jesus loves them, etc.

Back to top Go down
Xid

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:48 pm

Keeping you and your church in prayer!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:38 am

Still praying bro.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:08 am

Praying God will give you message to share with the congregation next Sunday.

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Praying for you that God will give you the words for the sermon Sunday.
And for the church of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncertain times   

Back to top Go down

Uncertain times
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next