Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm

So not technically Christian music (although his later work had a lot of Christian worldview kind of stuff in the lyrics and I've read several stories about him talking about Jesus from the stage... but I digress.).

Does anyone have the SRV box set? I have all his studio work (except Sky Is Crying, though it's on the way) and a couple live albums. Is this worth the investment? It looks like most of the 3 discs is stuff that's already out there...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 am

I don't have it.  I just have downloads of the studio albums he did.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:03 pm

I've always been a fan and had a few of his albums, but gave them up when I did the "Great Secular Purge of '05".  Need to look into getting some of his stuff.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I've always been a fan and had a few of his albums, but gave them up when I did the "Great Secular Purge of '05".  Need to look into getting some of his stuff.

It might be interesting to take a poll of how many of us had some type of "secular purge" at some point, back when we were being shovel-fed the "rock and roll is all evil" nonsense. Oh how I wish I still had some of the cassettes and records I had back then.

On subject, I love SRV and consider he and EC to be two of the best, if not the best two, modern era blues musicians. I might have to look into this box set.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:45 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

It might be interesting to take a poll of how many of us had some type of "secular purge" at some point, back when we were being shovel-fed the "rock and roll is all evil" nonsense. Oh how I wish I still had some of the cassettes and records I had back then.

Sadly I gave up some stuff that you can't find easily anymore (but not too much).  I have probably re-collected nearly half of the stuff I gave up.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Sadly I gave up some stuff that you can't find easily anymore (but not too much).  I have probably re-collected nearly half of the stuff I gave up.

I've been obtaining downloads of a lot of the stuff I used to have.   However, I am not trying to regain everything.  There are bands I have checked out since that I just don't like that much.  No offense to anyone, but I don't really care for Queensryche, Faster Pussycat, Salty Dog, Pretty Boy Floyd, and I could go on.  I had so much back then that it stands to reason that I wouldn't care for some of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I've been obtaining downloads of a lot of the stuff I used to have.   However, I am not trying to regain everything.  There are bands I have checked out since that I just don't like that much.  No offense to anyone, but I don't really care for Queensryche, Faster Pussycat, Salty Dog, Pretty Boy Floyd, and I could go on.  I had so much back then that it stands to reason that I wouldn't care for some of it.

Same here (although I am still a Queensryche fanatic).  I haven't bothered to replace a bunch of the sleaze stuff I had (Salty Dog, Cats in Boots, Faster Pussycat etc.).  I also had a huge pile of grunge/alt cds that I only bothered to replace less than half of.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Stevie Ray Vaughan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stevie Ray Vaughan
Page 1 of 1