For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stevie Ray Vaughan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3371
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:46 pm

So not technically Christian music (although his later work had a lot of Christian worldview kind of stuff in the lyrics and I've read several stories about him talking about Jesus from the stage... but I digress.).

Does anyone have the SRV box set? I have all his studio work (except Sky Is Crying, though it's on the way) and a couple live albums. Is this worth the investment? It looks like most of the 3 discs is stuff that's already out there...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 18253
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 am

I don't have it.  I just have downloads of the studio albums he did.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18280
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:03 pm

I've always been a fan and had a few of his albums, but gave them up when I did the "Great Secular Purge of '05".  Need to look into getting some of his stuff.

Number of posts : 2056
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:22 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I've always been a fan and had a few of his albums, but gave them up when I did the "Great Secular Purge of '05".  Need to look into getting some of his stuff.

It might be interesting to take a poll of how many of us had some type of "secular purge" at some point, back when we were being shovel-fed the "rock and roll is all evil" nonsense. Oh how I wish I still had some of the cassettes and records I had back then.

On subject, I love SRV and consider he and EC to be two of the best, if not the best two, modern era blues musicians. I might have to look into this box set.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:45 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

It might be interesting to take a poll of how many of us had some type of "secular purge" at some point, back when we were being shovel-fed the "rock and roll is all evil" nonsense. Oh how I wish I still had some of the cassettes and records I had back then.

Sadly I gave up some stuff that you can't find easily anymore (but not too much).  I have probably re-collected nearly half of the stuff I gave up.

Admin

Number of posts : 18253
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Sadly I gave up some stuff that you can't find easily anymore (but not too much).  I have probably re-collected nearly half of the stuff I gave up.

I've been obtaining downloads of a lot of the stuff I used to have.   However, I am not trying to regain everything.  There are bands I have checked out since that I just don't like that much.  No offense to anyone, but I don't really care for Queensryche, Faster Pussycat, Salty Dog, Pretty Boy Floyd, and I could go on.  I had so much back then that it stands to reason that I wouldn't care for some of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I've been obtaining downloads of a lot of the stuff I used to have.   However, I am not trying to regain everything.  There are bands I have checked out since that I just don't like that much.  No offense to anyone, but I don't really care for Queensryche, Faster Pussycat, Salty Dog, Pretty Boy Floyd, and I could go on.  I had so much back then that it stands to reason that I wouldn't care for some of it.

Same here (although I am still a Queensryche fanatic).  I haven't bothered to replace a bunch of the sleaze stuff I had (Salty Dog, Cats in Boots, Faster Pussycat etc.).  I also had a huge pile of grunge/alt cds that I only bothered to replace less than half of.

PostSubject: Re: Stevie Ray Vaughan   

Back to top Go down

Stevie Ray Vaughan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1