Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 2:27 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Took my son to see Robin Hood and Crimes of Grindelwald yesterday. We enjoyed them both.

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was a new Robin Hood movie.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm

I finished season two of "A Series Of Unfortunate Events" and season three of "Dare Devil".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It had some interesting takes on the original plot/characters. Some over the top archery and recoveries from injuries. Some bizarre mashup of ancient and modern styles (clothing/hair). Despite that, it was still fun.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 1:26 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
It had some interesting takes on the original plot/characters. Some over the top archery and recoveries from injuries. Some bizarre mashup of ancient and modern styles (clothing/hair). Despite that, it was still fun.

"Fun" is all I hope for in movies anymore.  Laughing

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Watched "Die Hard" (1988) in the movie theater a few weeks ago (on my wedding anniversary).  It was fun to see it on the big screen.
Then we rented "Die Hard 2....Die Harder" (1990) on Amazon Prime last week.
Both fun films that were quite well done (especially for the time).

Last night we watched the third film in the series "Die Hard With a Vengeance" (1995).  I'm pretty sure I had never seen this one.  I have to say that despite the lack of back story on McClane's character's down and out position and even with the rampant racism by Samuel L Jackson's character we found the first 1-1/2 hours of the film highly entertaining.  The last half-hour really dragged though and much of it seemed unnecessary.

Next up will be the fourth installment "Live Free or Die Hard" (2007).  I don't think I have seen this movie either.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 7:23 am

The Christmas Chronicles

It is a Christmas movie on Netflix.  It stars Kurt Russell as Santa.  I felt like it needed Tim Allen and it would have easily been The Santa Clause 4.  It was cute and I got a few chuckles along the way.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Is that the one that is The Santa Clause mixed with Elf?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 10:13 pm

Xid wrote:
Is that the one that is The Santa Clause mixed with Elf?

I don't know if the Elf description really applies.  I couldn't finish that movie.  I cannot stand Will Ferrell, and just don't think he is funny for some reason.  I haven't really enjoyed anything of his except for the SNL skit about needing more cowbell.  Even then, it is Christopher Walken that makes that clip.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 12:45 am

The Elf part comes from not enough Christmas Cheer to power Santa's sleigh.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 7:49 am

Xid wrote:
The Elf part comes from not enough Christmas Cheer to power Santa's sleigh.

Actually, the Christmas spirit doesn't start dying until after some kids cause the sleigh to crash.  They catch Santa by setting a trap and using a video camera.  Then, they sneak into the sleigh and nearly ruin Christmas.  It was quite fun!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Watched the fourth installment in the Die Hard series last night "Live Free or Die Hard" (2007).  I actually liked it better than the third film.  The young actor who played the side kick was more endearing than Samuel Jackson was in the last flick.  The story line also didn't seem to drag on like the third film did.  Still not up to the greatness of the first two films, but certainly not bad at all.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Die Hard:  Good.
Die Harder:  Good but they should have not done it at Christmas and left the reporter from 1 out.
Die Hard With A Vengeance:  Long in the tooth.
A Good Day to Die Hard:  Never saw it as I was like, "Die already."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm

I watched Overlord in the budget theater this weekend with my dad.  It was a lot of fun!  Naturally it was pretty campy, but I appreciated that it didn't seem like it was trying to be over-the-top campy like so many movies do these days.  My one main complaint with it though is that it sorta fell apart towards the end with a very generic and predictable last bit.  Nonetheless it was a very entertaining movie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Xid wrote:
Die Hard:  Good.
Die Harder:  Good but they should have not done it at Christmas and left the reporter from 1 out.
Die Hard With A Vengeance:  Long in the tooth.
A Good Day to Die Hard:  Never saw it as I was like, "Die already."

I would say the fourth one was worth watching (and better than the third).  It still wasn't set around Christmas time though.
We are likely going to watch the final installment next weekend, for some reason I'm thinking I already saw it but can't remember it (that's usually not a good sign...especially since it's only about 5 years old).

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The Christmas Chronicles

It is a Christmas movie on Netflix.  It stars Kurt Russell as Santa.  I felt like it needed Tim Allen and it would have easily been The Santa Clause 4.  It was cute and I got a few chuckles along the way.

I watched that one with the wife last night...mostly because she wanted to see it.  I thought it was going to be some kind of horrible Hallmark movie for the first twenty minutes.  Once the kids finally collided with Santa things got interesting.  Overall a fun film (despite the fact that the elves seemed to be clearly patterned after the Minions from Despicable Me).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
The Christmas Chronicles

I watched that one with the wife last night...mostly because she wanted to see it.  I thought it was going to be some kind of horrible Hallmark movie for the first twenty minutes.  Once the kids finally collided with Santa things got interesting.  Overall a fun film (despite the fact that the elves seemed to be clearly patterned after the Minions from Despicable Me).

They seemed like a cross of the Minions, the Smurfs, and the Chipmunks all rolled into one cat looking elf creature.

Just get Tim Allen to come back on this as Santa and bring back Bernard and all the rest of the elves.  Boom!  This movie would have been a box office smash!

lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
The Christmas Chronicles

They seemed like a cross of the Minions, the Smurfs, and the Chipmunks all rolled into one cat looking elf creature.

Just get Tim Allen to come back on this as Santa and bring back Bernard and all the rest of the elves.  Boom!  This movie would have been a box office smash!

lol!

Would that have been "The Santa Claus IV-Straight to DVD"?  Laughing

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
The Christmas Chronicles

lol!

Would that have been "The Santa Claus IV-Straight to DVD"?  Laughing

Either that, or "The Santa Clause IV--Straight Outta Ideas!"  lol!

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 8:11 am

I want to look on netflix too to see if we also can watch  The Christmas Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 pm

I am still working on season one of Gifted, the X-Men spin off, and rewatching season one of The Orville.  I am especially excited about a new season of The Orville.  For me, it feels more like classic Star Trek (either original series or TNG) than anything that has came out in quite some time.  As long as CBS keeps breaking the timeline with their Trek STD, I will just stick with The Orville.  At least it has some funny parts and they don't have to mess with any explanations over changed timelines, ignoring past canon, etc.  They can borrow and steal ideas and then morph them into their own.  With Brennan Brega producing the show and people like Jonathan Frakes coming in to direct episodes, this new season is shaping up to be the Star Trek show we wanted that CBS and JJ Abrams could not deliver on.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 am

Rampage
I couldn't tell if I was watching a generic Rock action flick or Godzilla goes to L.A. (without Godzilla).  If you don't expect too much it was decently entertaining even if highly predictable.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 6:52 pm

I got a notification that season 3 of Travelers will start in a couple of weeks.  I am stoked!!!!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 7:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I got a notification that season 3 of Travelers will start in a couple of weeks.  I am stoked!!!!

Me too, but I will need to go back and watch the last few episodes from season 2 just to have a clue what's going on.  Laughing

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 6:49 pm

Swiss Family Robinson
Arlington Road

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm

I had heard of The Santa Chronicles but don't have Netflix streaming. Wonder if it will be comeing to DVD/Blu someday.

I remember hearing about Die Hard coming out for an anniversary showing via Fathom Events ,but seemed to forget about it and missed it. Stupid 

Christmas movies I have been watching this month so far...

1~ The Santa Clause
2~ The Santa Clause 2
3~ Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas
4~ Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas
5~ Ice Age : A Mammoth 3D Christmas
6~ 11/27 Doctor Who Christmas Special : The Christmas Invasion
7~ 11/27 Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Runaway Bride
8~ 11/27 Doctor Who Christmas Special: Voyage of the Damned
9~ 11/27 Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Next Doctor
10~ 11/28 Doctor Who Christmas Special : A Christmas Carol
11~ 11/28 Doctor Who Christmas Special : The Doctor,The Widow & The Wardrobe
12~ 11/29 Doctor Who Christmas Special :The Snowmen
13~ 11/29 Doctor Who Christmas Special :The Time of the Doctor
14~ 11/30 Doctor Who Christmas Special : Last Christmas
15~ 11/30 Doctor Who Christmas Special: The Husbands of River Song
16~ 12/3  Dragons -Gift of the Night Fury 
17~ Disney's A Christmas Carol 3D
18~ Arthur Christmas 3D
19~ 12/6 Dr. Suess’s How the Grinch Stole  Christmas
20~ 12/6 The Family Man 
21~ 12/7 Home Alone
22~ 12/8 The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause
23~ 12/9 The 12 Dogs of Christmas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next