Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Lego Ninjago

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:03 am

The first 4 episodes of The Orville.  It is supposed to be a spoof of Star Trek, but it FEELS more like ST from The Next Generation to me.  Some of the jokes are campy, but so was ST:TNG.  I think I will like this way more than the Abrams influenced Star Trek: Discovery.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Tonight is the 25th anniversary of the release of The Mighty Ducks and they'll be showing it on the NHL Network tonight Very Happy

Quack! Quack! Quack!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The first 4 episodes of The Orville.  It is supposed to be a spoof of Star Trek, but it FEELS more like ST from The Next Generation to me.  Some of the jokes are campy, but so was ST:TNG.  I think I will like this way more than the Abrams influenced Star Trek: Discovery.

I have watched the first three episodes and like it myself.  However, I don't think the show will last unless they inject more humor into it.  I think people are going to be confused as to whether it's supposed to be a space show with some humor or a comedy show in space.  I'm afraid if they don't play up the humor a little more they won't be able to keep an audience and the show will get sacked.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Tonight is the 25th anniversary of the release of The Mighty Ducks and they'll be showing it on the NHL Network tonight Very Happy

Quack! Quack! Quack!

I have to admit I've never seen that movie.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I have watched the first three episodes and like it myself.  However, I don't think the show will last unless they inject more humor into it.  I think people are going to be confused as to whether it's supposed to be a space show with some humor or a comedy show in space.  I'm afraid if they don't play up the humor a little more they won't be able to keep an audience and the show will get sacked.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they'd let it fall off a major network and take it to Netflicks.  I wish they'd bring "Last Man Standing" back that way.  I wasn't ready for the show to be cancelled OR to be removed from Netflicks.  Thankfully, Hulu has picked it up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if they'd let it fall off a major network and take it to Netflicks.  I wish they'd bring "Last Man Standing" back that way.  I wasn't ready for the show to be cancelled OR to be removed from Netflicks.  Thankfully, Hulu has picked it up.

That is great news, I only got to see one or two episodes of the last season.

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Dead Poet's Society.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Mary & Max
It is a quirky little clay-mation film from Australia that I found quite entertaining.  I recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Blade Runner 2049
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Blade Runner 2049

What did you think?  Where you a fan of the original film?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 10:43 am

Three more episodes of Luke Cage.  Three left until this show is done.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 am

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Blade Runner 2049

I'm curious to hear too!  I would really like to see it though am concerned that there might be a ton of sexuality/nudity...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Blade Runner 2049

I liked it! It wasn't about hunting down some replicants like the first movie did. He did "retire" one at the beginning tho'. It was very well done . I read where the director did not want to do it at first. He had 3 conditions to do it. 1- Ridley Scott approves of him, 2- Harrison Ford approves of him,3- A really good put together script.  

Yes , I loved the original movie. I didn't see it until it was on TV a few years after its release. I was in high school by then. It was very much a different kind of sci-fi  compared  to what I was used to ,yet I was totally captivated by it.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Blade Runner 2049

I'm curious to hear too!  I would really like to see it though am concerned that there might be a ton of sexuality/nudity...

While there was some sexuality, I wouldn't say there was a ton. There was more than the original though. It is mainly some nudity and one scene that you know leads to sex but they never show it happening.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Blade Runner 2049

I liked it! It wasn't about hunting down some replicants like the first movie did. He did "retire" one at the beginning tho'. It was very well done . I read where the director did not want to do it at first. He had 3 conditions to do it. 1- Ridley Scott approves of him, 2- Harrison Ford approves of him,3- A really good put together script.  

Yes , I loved the original movie. I didn't see it until it was on TV a few years after its release. I was in high school by then. It was very much a different kind of sci-fi  compared  to what I was used to ,yet I was totally captivated by it.

Thanks!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Hardkore wrote:
While there was some sexuality, I wouldn't say there was a ton. There was more than the original though. It is mainly some nudity and one scene that you know leads to sex but they never show it happening.

Right on; thanks!

This past weekend I watched a couple movies.  Sunday I showed Veronika John Carpenter's 1982 classic The Thing.  I've owned the DVD for at least a decade but finally got it on Blu-Ray.  It's so good.  She liked it but didn't love it.  She was pretty impressed with the special effects though.

And Saturday evening we watched one of the more odd movies I have ever seen.  It's called From Noon Till Three and stars Charles Bronson.  It was released in 1976.  It's rated PG and while there's some implied sex and violence, none of it is on screen and especially by today's standards, it's quite benign.  It's a comedic western about a group of five men on their way to rob a bank when one of their horses breaks its leg, forcing one of the men (Charles Bronson) to stay behind at this attractive widow's (played by his real-life wife) house on the outskirts of town.  It goes without saying that of course romance blooms... but then the movie takes some twists and turns and goes in a direction you certainly wouldn't expect.  Veronika and I were just kind of baffled while watching it, unsure whether the movie was self aware enough to realize just how ridiculous it became - in a good way (I thought).  I gotta say, it was quite unique and for that I really enjoyed it.  If you plan on watching it, I recommend not reading any synopsis or watching any trailers for it.  Just watch it and let its zaniness wash over you hahaha.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 pm

I finished up all of Luke Cage today.  Now I am all caught up on all the Marvel superhero shows on Netflix.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Going In Style

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm

A Matter of Faith (similar to God's Not Dead 2 - nicely done)
King's Faith (good one for teens)

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm

The first couple of episodes of ABC' s Marvels Inhumans. So far off to a decent start laying the ground work of the story. I imagine it will link into Agents of Shield when that comes back in December.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Spiderman Homecoming 3D
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:45 pm

We finished Return To Lonesome Dove the other night.  It was alright but nowhere near as good as the original miniseries.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Spiderman Homecoming 3D

I was seriously disappointed by this one.  There was too much reliance on Stark tech that replaced the very mention of spider senses.  The quick change at the end to bring MJ into the story despite the character having another name throughout the film was also just bad.  This was done right in some ways but still every bit as wrong as the two previous incarnations.  When Marvel can't even get it right, then it may be time to put this dog to sleep.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Spiderman Homecoming 3D

I was seriously disappointed by this one.  There was too much reliance on Stark tech that replaced the very mention of spider senses.  The quick change at the end to bring MJ into the story despite the character having another name throughout the film was also just bad.  This was done right in some ways but still every bit as wrong as the two previous incarnations.  When Marvel can't even get it right, then it may be time to put this dog to sleep.

Not when they can still make money with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next