Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What are you watching? - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:13 am

Xid wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
Major Dad.

Wow, I hadn't even thought about that show in over a decade.
I probably only caught a handful of episodes but I remember it having some rather decent family values.  Also seemed like a role tailor made for Gerald McRaney
I only watched a few episodes back in the day.  It's on Hulu so we started watching from the beginning.  It's a pretty funny show.

Very cool!  I'll have to check it out.  Hopefully I can get my wife hooked on it....will be kinda tough though since it isn't an HGTV reality show.  Laughing

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 2:17 pm

We watch a couple episodes a day.  It's funny.  Silly, but funny!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 3:28 pm

Pirates Of The Caribbean 4:  On Stranger Tides

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 5:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

Gearing up to watch the new one hey?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:52 am

Staybrite wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Gearing up to watch the new one hey?

Yes!  I had never watched the 4th one and bought a cheap used copy at the Dollar General. 

Over the past couple of days, now, I have watched all 4.  To be honest, 3 is the only one that I don't really care for.  The others were fun!  Three is confusing at times.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 10:01 am

It's been a while since I've seen any of them, might need to re-watch them all.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen any of them, might need to re-watch them all.

The first one is still my favorite and the best of the series.  Two was still fun.  Three just felt like there were too many stories and characters in a mishmash of a story that makes it feel bloated.  Four was trimmed down both in number of overall characters and in movie length and was almost as fun as the original.  Five is going to still have to compete with the debut film in this series to be a favorite.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 1:26 am

Last week, the Lord of the Rings trilogy : Extended Editions

This week, The Hobbit trilogy : Extended Editions 3D
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 7:39 am

I didn't bother with The Hobbit trilogy.  While I enjoyed LOTR, the movies were just too long and drag on in places.  Stretching one book into 9 hours of film just didn't interest me.  I skipped those completely.

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 4:47 pm

I read the book before the movie came out. One thing that puzzled me was that Gandalf left the story for large chunks of time in it. The movies added some stuff to help fill in the gaps. Plus they took stuff from the Silmarillion to further it along.

Considering the Arkenstone was one of the Silmarils (I'm guessing), I could see them doing another set of movies based on The Silmarillion .
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 am

Pirates of the Caribbean: "Whatever They're Calling the New One"

The wife wanted to go to the movies last night and this was the only one we could agree on.  After the movie she claimed that it was her favorite of the quintilogy.  I was less than impressed.  It wasn't horrible, actually rather entertaining, but it seemed rehashed and predictable.  I guess I've grown bored with the franchise.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 10:53 am

^I saw the first Pirates flick and enjoyed it enough but then some friends wanted to watch it (a couple years after it first came out or so) and I was bored out of my mind.  I think I saw one of the sequels but have completely removed that from my memory haha.

Last night my wife and I watched the first episode in the miniseries Lonesome Dove from 1989.  We both really liked it!  I'm looking forward to continuing the show.  Apparently there have been some spinoffs and sequels and whatnot too.  We are also watching the latest Fargo series which is well done, though so far hasn't been nearly as impressing as seasons 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Hardkore wrote:
I read the book before the movie came out. One thing that puzzled me was that Gandalf left the story for large chunks of time in it. The movies added some stuff to help fill in the gaps. Plus they took stuff from the Silmarillion to further it along.

Considering the Arkenstone was one of the Silmarils (I'm guessing), I could see them doing another set of movies based on The Silmarillion .

Sounds like another series of over bloated movies that I will probably skip!  lol!

Hey, what's on Netflix?

Oh, I caught up on all the episodes of Gotham I was behind on and watch a couple more of DC's Legend's Of Tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 2:08 pm

kerrick wrote:
^I saw the first Pirates flick and enjoyed it enough but then some friends wanted to watch it (a couple years after it first came out or so) and I was bored out of my mind.  I think I saw one of the sequels but have completely removed that from my memory haha.

Last night my wife and I watched the first episode in the miniseries Lonesome Dove from 1989.  We both really liked it!  I'm looking forward to continuing the show.  Apparently there have been some spinoffs and sequels and whatnot too.  We are also watching the latest Fargo series which is well done, though so far hasn't been nearly as impressing as seasons 1 or 2.

I never could get into the PotC series... I love Johnny Depp too.

The Lonesome Dove miniseries is amazing. I've read the book half a dozen times or more and the movie is startlingly good at telling the same story. Plus, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall and Diane Lane all give great performances.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 2:39 pm

kerrick wrote:
....  I think I saw one of the sequels but have completely removed that from my memory haha.

I was having a similar problem last night, for the life of me I couldn't remember what the second "Pirates" film was even about...I even read a short synopsis from wikipedia and still couldn't remember anything distinctive.

kerrick wrote:
...  We are also watching the latest Fargo series which is well done, though so far hasn't been nearly as impressing as seasons 1 or 2.

I watched seasons 1 & 2 of that on Hulu and was surprisingly impressed.  Bizarre, but well done.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 8:28 am

Catching up on some episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 10:35 am

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Despite the awkward title and somewhat lumbering beginning I found the film rather entertaining.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 11:39 am

ishmael81 wrote:
The Lonesome Dove miniseries is amazing. I've read the book half a dozen times or more and the movie is startlingly good at telling the same story. Plus, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall and Diane Lane all give great performances.

Right on.  Veronika and I were both very impressed with the first episode and look forward to continuing it.  Have you seen the sequels and whatnot?  Are they as good?  And yes, the acting is very good and the characters are pretty interesting and not too generic which I appreciate.

Staybrite wrote:

kerrick wrote:
...  We are also watching the latest Fargo series which is well done, though so far hasn't been nearly as impressing as seasons 1 or 2.

I watched seasons 1 & 2 of that on Hulu and was surprisingly impressed.  Bizarre, but well done.

Did you watch the movie?  I love the movie but it's definitely an acquired taste haha.  I was blown away by season 1 and while it had a bit of a slow start, I enjoyed season 2 quite a bit too.  Season 3 is alright though there seems to be more filler and less substance.  There's also a lot of philosophical psycho-babble mumbo-jumbo that I think is a little forced/silly, but it's still a decent show and I'm curious to see how it unfolds.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 am

kerrick wrote:
ishmael81 wrote:

Right on.  Veronika and I were both very impressed with the first episode and look forward to continuing it.  Have you seen the sequels and whatnot?  Are they as good?  And yes, the acting is very good and the characters are pretty interesting and not too generic which I appreciate.

This may surprise you but I have never watched the sequels but I have read the books...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 2:59 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

kerrick wrote:

Did you watch the movie?  I love the movie but it's definitely an acquired taste haha.  I was blown away by season 1 and while it had a bit of a slow start, I enjoyed season 2 quite a bit too.  Season 3 is alright though there seems to be more filler and less substance.  There's also a lot of philosophical psycho-babble mumbo-jumbo that I think is a little forced/silly, but it's still a decent show and I'm curious to see how it unfolds.

I did watch the movie, but many moons ago.  I remember liking it at the time, wood-chipper scene and all.
I keep thinking they need to claim that the show is "loosely based" on true accounts, because they have to be adding tons of nonsense that never happened (or at least not the way they are showing it).  Still entertaining though...I certainly don't expect a television series to be historically accurate.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 4:44 pm

Gotcha.  Smile  As for being historically accurate... all of it is completely made up.  The "true story" stuff at the beginning is completely false and just an ode to the Fargo movie - which was also totally made up and not based on real events whatsoever.  Haha they just slapped that on at the beginning for the heck of it!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 6:16 pm

kerrick wrote:
Gotcha.  Smile  As for being historically accurate... all of it is completely made up.  The "true story" stuff at the beginning is completely false and just an ode to the Fargo movie - which was also totally made up and not based on real events whatsoever.  Haha they just slapped that on at the beginning for the heck of it!

Oh man really!? Shocked   Seems like you could potentially open yourself up to a nasty law-suit doing something like that....even if it is kinda funny.

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 6:23 pm

Yup!  For the longest time I thought it was real too.  Hahaha all the folks searching for the red ice-scraper along the highways must've been particularly unhappy!  But I think you can basically say whatever the heck you want to in a movie and since it's "art," you can get away with it!  The Coen Brothers are great.  This season especially has a ton of references to other Coen Brothers movies which I think is fun.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Wonder Woman

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Wonder Woman

Absolutely loved it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next