Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+16
MikeInFla
Guilty/Forgiven
dale434445
ishmael81
Fundy
rockerVu2
oteis
BearDad
Staybrite
Driven
Xid
Hardkore
kerrick
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What are you watching? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hardkore wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Logan
That was really good but I think it could have been just as good without all the F-bombs. They could even get rid of that clip of the girls in the dresses in the limo. It didn't add anything to the story anyway.

Ditto. I figured this would cause far more uproar here than The Shack. I only went because my son wanted me to go with him. There were at least a few decent parts but sadly were drowned out from all the rest.

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Yeah, there were a few kids there with their mother/parents. I wonder how the adults felt after the movie knowing the kids just watched the same thing they did.

Last edited by Hardkore on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 11:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Is this what it takes to entertain us anymore?
Not I.  I've grown weary of it.  Even on TV the crimes on some of the shows like Law & Order keep getting more and more heinous.  I'll take a good story over action any day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Lethal Weapon- TV Series
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Kong; Skull Island 3D
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 9:29 am

The first two episodes of Leminy Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix.  This is one stupid show--intentionally done that way--with loads of dark humor.  I shouldn't like this, but it does remind me of the two hilarious Addams Family movies back in the 90s.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 am

alldatndensum wrote:
The first two episodes of Leminy Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix.  This is one stupid show--intentionally done that way--with loads of dark humor.  I shouldn't like this, but it does remind me of the two hilarious Addams Family movies back in the 90s.

I thought the same thing. I love the dark humor, and the music is fun. I thought it was very well done, especially Neil Patrick Harris and Patrick Warburton's parts.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:22 am

Hardkore wrote:
Kong; Skull Island 3D
How was the movie, I may go this week to see it.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:38 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Logan
That was really good but I think it could have been just as good without all the F-bombs. They could even get rid of that clip of the girls in the dresses in the limo. It didn't add anything to the story anyway.

Ditto. I figured this would cause far more uproar here than The Shack. I only went because my son wanted me to go with him. There were at least a few decent parts but sadly were drowned out from all the rest.

Thanks for the heads up; I thought about seeing this Friday or Saturday...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Watched the Ghostbusters reboot this weekend.  What a completely unnecessary film.  I think it probably would have only been kind of entertaining if I had never seen the original.

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Watched the Ghostbusters reboot this weekend.  What a completely unnecessary film.  I think it probably would have only been kind of entertaining if I had never seen the original.

Yeah, it has some funny parts and Kristen Wiig is um, err... funny.... but generally forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:11 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Yeah, it has some funny parts and Kristen Wiig is um, err... funny.... but generally forgettable.

My wife said the exact same thing about Wiig...then added the "forgettable" part to the movie as a whole.

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 am

Star Wars - Force Awakens
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:07 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

I thought the same thing. I love the dark humor, and the music is fun. I thought it was very well done, especially Neil Patrick Harris and Patrick Warburton's parts.

Neil Patrick Harris has always been a character actor.  His natural personality usually flows through the characters he plays.  Most Hollywood actors are this.  Even though they play a role, their own personality shines through.

However, with A Series of Unfortunate Events, you see him getting into some method acting.  Method acting is totally different level of acting.  In this form, you see an actor BECOME the character they are playing to where you forget they are actors.  You see Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man and Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight doing this.  Their performance is so much into this character that they literally become this person before you.  These level of performances truly define an actor and their abilities.  Neil, in my opinion, has accomplished this as his character, the dastardly Count Olaf, continually recreates his ruses to get to the orphans' huge fortune.  Harris has BECOME Count Olaf if this Netflix original series.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Last night, we went to the theater and saw:

The Shack

Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 am

Cadillac Records- A movie about Chess Records
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 pm

War Room
Finding Dory
Heroes (1977)

dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Logan
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

^What did you think? I'm pretty darn tired of all the same-y superhero movies, but that one looked like it had some good potential.

I finally watched 10 Cloverfield Lane the other night with my wife, parents, and sister. Everyone really liked it! It was a good movie. Parts of the ending seemed a bit rushed and it had a few of those eye-roll Hollywood one-liners, etc.

Eye-roll Hollywood line example:
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 am

It wasn't your typical superhero movie, it dealt more with Logans personal issues.
But it still also had plenty of action.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:43 pm

kerrick wrote:
I finally watched 10 Cloverfield Lane the other night with my wife, parents, and sister.  Everyone really liked it!  It was a good movie.  Parts of the ending seemed a bit rushed and it had a few of those eye-roll Hollywood one-liners, etc.

I keep forgetting I wanted to see that one.  Laughing

kerrick

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:16 pm

I recommend it!
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm

I thought 10 Cloverfield Lane was boring until the last 20 minutes. Then it was pretty good. I won't spoil it...
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:22 am

dale434445 wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Kong; Skull Island 3D
How was the movie, I may go this week to see it.

It was good. Basically just a good monster movie. Some new/different creatures.If you go,be sure to stay for the end credits scene.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Beauty & The Beast (2017)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next