For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What are you watching?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2342
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:38 am

Staybrite wrote:
Watched "Criminal" last night with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman & Tommy Lee Jones.  It was just alright.  I thought the premise was great, just not the best execution.  Be warned if you plan on watching it, there is quite a bit of profanity, and the violence gets a tad gory.

I thought it looked kinda silly but I love Gary Oldman... Hmm, maybe it'll be a rental if there's nothing else that's catching my eye...

My parents and I watched the Lethal Weapon series haha. The third one isn't that great, but 1, 2, and 4 are all a heck of a lot of fun! (Lots of bad language though...)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:35 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Watched "Criminal" last night with Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman & Tommy Lee Jones.  It was just alright.  I thought the premise was great, just not the best execution.  Be warned if you plan on watching it, there is quite a bit of profanity, and the violence gets a tad gory.

I thought it looked kinda silly but I love Gary Oldman...  Hmm, maybe it'll be a rental if there's nothing else that's catching my eye...

I'm a big Oldman fan myself, but this certainly isn't one of his more memorable performances.  He does come off as believable though.  Overall the acting wasn't too bad on the movie, I think the script was just a little weak...and tired.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2342
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Right on.  Eh, I'll probably skip it then.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

Found an old 90's film on Netflix last night with Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken and Charles Dutton by the name of "Nick of Time".  It was obviously supposed to be a Hitchcockian type suspense movie.  Not at all horrible but it came off more than a little cheesy, and not really that suspenseful.  Still fun to see Depp perform earlier in his career, and Walken at his crazy character self.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Found an old 90's film on Netflix last night with Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken and Charles Dutton by the name of "Nick of Time".  It was obviously supposed to be a Hitchcockian type suspense movie.  Not at all horrible but it came off more than a little cheesy, and not really that suspenseful.  Still fun to see Depp perform earlier in his career, and Walken at his crazy character self.
I think I remember seeing that some time ago. It was OK. It didn't seem like something that would get repeat viewings,from me at least.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Found an old 90's film on Netflix last night with Johnny Depp, Christopher Walken and Charles Dutton by the name of "Nick of Time".  It was obviously supposed to be a Hitchcockian type suspense movie.  Not at all horrible but it came off more than a little cheesy, and not really that suspenseful.  Still fun to see Depp perform earlier in his career, and Walken at his crazy character self.
I think I remember seeing that some time ago. It was OK. It didn't seem like something that would get repeat viewings,from me at least.

Same here, I thought I remembered seeing it back when it was newish, but couldn't really remember anything about it.  That typically means it probably wasn't worth watching twice.  But I have to say it was better than letting my wife have the remote and get stuck watching episodes of "Flip This Tiny House Builder's Retro Garden Retreat" (or anything else on HGTV or TLC)

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18088
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:49 pm

SUICIDE SQUAD!!!!

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 am

Ben-Hur 2016 3D!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18088
Age : 48
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:20 am

God's Club

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2905
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Watched Blazing Saddles last night.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Watched Blazing Saddles last night.

Classic film!

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 2940
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 pm

London Has Fallen

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:00 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

I have that one on order from my library, looks like it might be entertaining.  Did you like it?

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Hello My Name is Doris.  
Despite the over use of profanity in some scenes it was rather entertaining. A quirky and sometimes touching movie. Sally Fields proves that at 69 she is still a very good actor.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 2940
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

I have that one on order from my library, looks like it might be entertaining.  Did you like it?
If you like full on somewhat unbelievable action flicks, you'll love it. There's some Foul language and of course bloodshed.

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:12 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:
London Has Fallen

I have that one on order from my library, looks like it might be entertaining.  Did you like it?
If you like full on somewhat unbelievable action flicks, you'll love it. There's some Foul language and of course bloodshed.

Thanks

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Watched a recent western flick "Forsaken" last night (with Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, also Demi Moore).  Despite the use of the f-bomb in a few times I found it to be a rather good flick.  It was also fun to discover that Micheal Wincott played one of the villains.  A little amusing because he played the villain in the 1993 version of "The Three Musketeers" the same film where Kiefer played one of the 3 Musketeers.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Chris, have you seen the promo's for next season's Agents of Shield?

Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:05 am

Hardkore wrote:
Chris, have you seen the promo's for next season's Agents of Shield?


Ghost Rider doesn't use a car!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:08 am

Staybrite wrote:
Watched a recent western flick "Forsaken" last night (with Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, also Demi Moore).  Despite the use of the f-bomb in a few times I found it to be a rather good flick.  It was also fun to discover that Micheal Wincott played one of the villains.  A little amusing because he played the villain in the 1993 version of "The Three Musketeers" the same film where Kiefer played one of the 3 Musketeers.

Have you seen "Jane Got a Gun"? It's s very well-done western with Queen Padme Amidala -- er, sorry ... Natalie Portman -- as the lead.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2342
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:58 am

^I saw trailers for that and was curious if it'd be good or not.  I may have to check that one out...

I watched Hell Or High Water recently which was pretty good.  Definitely nothing new or original, but it was quite well done.  The basic plot is that in western Texas (modern day) two brothers begin to rob banks to save their farm but of course not everything goes just perfectly and there's a sheriff (played by Jeff Bridges) who's after them.  FYI It earns its R-rating from language and some violence.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

avatar

Number of posts : 1827
Age : 47
Localisation : Lower Alabama
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:30 pm

BearDad wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Chris, have you seen the promo's for next season's Agents of Shield?


Ghost Rider doesn't use a car!!!!!
Well, according to the comics,there is one that does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(comics)#Robbie_Reyes

In March 2014, a new Ghost Rider series debuted featuring a new Mexican-American[2] character named Roberto "Robbie" Reyes, taking on the mantle. He drives a black classic muscle car reminiscent of a Dodge Charger instead of a motorcycle and lives in East Los Angeles.



Last edited by Hardkore on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

avatar

Number of posts : 18176
Age : 49
Localisation : Seattle
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:43 pm

BearDad wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Watched a recent western flick "Forsaken" last night (with Kiefer and Donald Sutherland, also Demi Moore).  Despite the use of the f-bomb in a few times I found it to be a rather good flick.  It was also fun to discover that Micheal Wincott played one of the villains.  A little amusing because he played the villain in the 1993 version of "The Three Musketeers" the same film where Kiefer played one of the 3 Musketeers.

Have you seen "Jane Got a Gun"? It's s very well-done western with Queen Padme Amidala -- er, sorry ... Natalie Portman -- as the lead.

I hadn't heard of that one, I will have to check it out.  Thanks.

_________________
"I used to be indecisive.......... Now I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:34 pm

Hardkore wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Hardkore wrote:
Chris, have you seen the promo's for next season's Agents of Shield?


Ghost Rider doesn't use a car!!!!!
Well, according to the comics,there is one that does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Rider_(comics)#Robbie_Reyes

In March 2014, a new Ghost Rider series debuted featuring a new Mexican-American[2] character named Roberto "Robbie" Reyes, taking on the mantle. He drives a black classic muscle car reminiscent of a Dodge Charger instead of a motorcycle and lives in East Los Angeles.


Hmmph! Another prime example of why I quit reading comics (besides the ridiculous cost and the constant politicizing -- "we have to be diverse" -- gets old). Always taking good established characters and reworking them to be something they think is more interesting. Sorry, but one doesn't ride a car, one drives it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   

Back to top Go down
 
What are you watching?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ang Mo guy in Singapore under HDB flat watching Ping Pong!
» INSIDE OUT - 2015-11-29 (HARUNA)
» Anime series that you've been watching before.
» Anime you are currently watching or interested?
» T.V. series you are currently watching

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: