Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)

Go down 
+5
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) Empty
PostSubject: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:47 am

Why do I do these things ? Evil or Very Mad   I think I'm a masochist Rolling Eyes   but seriously, I love reading all the old Fanzines -flaws and all.

Here is the post I created and am posting everywhere, this says it all:

"The CHRISTIAN ROCK and METAL MAGAZINE PUBLIC LIBRARY"

A page is being developed by some members of various Christian Rock and Metal boards and Facebook sites.  This site is seeking CHRISTIAN only MUSIC FANZINES throughout the years.

Many have expressed a desire to read past issues of these great fanzines, but as you know, very few are usually printed and they are hard to find.  This site is put being together by volunteers giving of their time to scan every page of every fanzine they own, and will then upload the magazines as downloadable PDFs for anyone and everyone to enjoy. 

We are looking for volunteers to scan their Fanzines for inclusion to this site. You will be given credit unless you request to remain anonymous. Please scan at the highest quality settings each page, front and back cover as well as any ads. After you scan each page, you have two options: 
1. If you are able, please convert every page, in order, to ONE PDF magazine. (See an example from the site to get an idea)
or 2. You may send the scanned pages, preferably zipped, to Jim Willis's Email (you may obtain my Email via a message below, or a Private Message to me).

Thank you for being a part of this awesome Library ! 
We hope that this site is a blessing to the Christian Rock and Metal community, and appreciate your help.

NOTICE: We do not condone sharing copyrighted material without the permission of it's owner. 

Click for 
The CHRISTIAN ROCK and METAL MAGAZINE PUBLIC LIBRARY

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SIXbdaWFrhsaR5Id3oCW8qWSkauMAmF49fTUzOw6ekE/edit?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Hmm, let me see what other 'zines I have in my stash.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 pm

I don't haz none.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Xid wrote:
I don't haz none.

Same here, I used to have some of the more recent Heaven's Metal fanzines but my wife threw them away.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm

I threw away anything I had like that as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 9:25 pm

You guys are the opposite of pack rats eh ? I tend to keep anything music related... much to the chagrin of my wife  Laughing
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 8:53 am

*cough*Hoarder!*cough*
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 7:23 pm

I may still have a Cornerstone or two.  Lemme check.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 3:20 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
*cough*Hoarder!*cough*

I was thinking it, bu you said it!  Well actually you "coughed" it. lol!

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 10:40 am

I have quite a few newsletters from the band Paradox as well as Christian Rock Report.  I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Weren't you the one that did all the Heaven's Metal mags? What ever happened to that?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 9:18 am

I've no zines.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 9:56 am

That'd be cool Jeffery ! Any donated scans are welcome.

And yes DeathIsGain, I did the first 10 years of HM, 1985 to 95. They currently sit on a dusty shelf. However, I spoke with Bill Bafford of ROXX Productions and he said the project IS in line and most likely will see the light of day.
I was hoping since ALL the work was done for them for free, that they could release it within a year from when I submitted the final work (2014) and it could be in stores by 2015 - that was the official 30 year anniversary and would've been perfect... but I assume they're too busy with other projects. Idk...
I'm happy with how they turned out and read mine all the time, but it's not as satisfying if it can't be shared with fellow metal heads who would also appreciate that time era of Christian metal.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:05 am

They may have realized that the final product would be expensive and not as many people interested.  They may just be sitting on it due to lack of interest.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 am

They could do a GoFundMe or Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:43 pm

No, Doug as well as Bill Bafford have both said it's a good product and are interested in publishing it. Bill told me he's just been too busy with all the vinyl and stuff for ROXX. At any rate, I'm sure something will come of it someday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)   At it again.. The LIBRARY :-) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At it again.. The LIBRARY :-)
Page 1 of 1