Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody like The Call?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Anybody like The Call? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:17 am

So another band I stumbled onto by accident...

80's New Wave and I like the three or four songs I've heard.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 9:54 am

Not I!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 10:28 am

I don't know much of them beyond a couple of their hits "Let the Day Begin" and "I Still Believe".

I find it interesting that Tim Cappello (probably more famous for being Tina Turners sax player) actually covered the song "I Still Believe" for the Lost Boys Soundtrack, shortly after The Call released the song themselves.  One of the few cases where I like the cover song a little better than the original....mostly because of Cappello's sax performance...which is saying a lot because I'm not typically a fan of horns in rock music.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 am

Absolutely!  One of the most underrated bands of all time, IMO.  Their earliest stuff was edgier, almost punky--some of it could be covered by a metal band.  They became more introspectively passionate as the time went by.  Meaningful lyrics as well.  Into the Woods is probably my favorite, but I do suggest trying to get into Modern Romans and some of the early stuff as well (not available on CD I believe, but some of it is in on a collection of early songs that is on CD).  graybeardheadbanger
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2016 4:54 pm

Great stuff. I have three albums. I like all of them, but my favorite of those is Into The Woods.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like The Call?   Anybody like The Call? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody like The Call?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: