Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Oldiesmann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay Empty
PostSubject: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:09 am

Somewhat shocking news from the lead singer of Everyday Sunday: http://instinctmagazine.com/post/married-christian-rocker-trey-pearson-comes-out-gay
Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 1:22 am

Well that must be horrible news for his wife...and children.
I guess we need to pray for them all.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 8:01 am

Yes, they all need prayer.

I just don't understand how someone who has been married and has been intimate with a woman can make this change though.  If I truly were not attracted to a female, I doubt I would be able to get an erection for sexual contact.  This guy has been with his wife on countless occasions over their 20 year marriage.  Now, I am betting the marriage is over and he will be bringing a boyfriend to light.

We've created this whole false double standard with homosexuals.  This guy will be applauded and upheld as a hero.  If he announced to his wife that he just wasn't attracted to her, left, and suddenly had a new girlfriend, he would have been labeled a sexist pig, womanizer, and they would be throwing stones at every Christian they could in the media.  However, since he is a homosexual now, it will all be fine.

I am tired of seeing this kind of perversion happening within the body of Christ.  I know that Jesus still loves this guy.  I just don't see how one can twist the story of David and Jonathan and make it okay to be homosexual when there is so much more that God had to say about this being wrong.  David liked women which is evidenced by the fact that he got all hot and bothered by watching Bathsheba.  He had TWO other wives as well.  I'm tired of believers twisting the word to justify sin and acting like we should all gather together for a group hug to celebrate the rejection of God's design for mankind.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Please stop this world and let me off.
Back to top Go down
Andreas89

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 2:19 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am tired of seeing this kind of perversion happening within the body of Christ.  I know that Jesus still loves this guy.  I just don't see how one can twist the story of David and Jonathan and make it okay to be homosexual when there is so much more that God had to say about this being wrong.  David liked women which is evidenced by the fact that he got all hot and bothered by watching Bathsheba.  He had TWO other wives as well.  I'm tired of believers twisting the word to justify sin and acting like we should all gather together for a group hug to celebrate the rejection of God's design for mankind.
Poor David and Jonathan are posthumously being hunted by the paparazzi of ("christian") pro-gay movements. But you must know as well as I do that that's not the only part of the Bible that is being twisted when it comes to this subject. Somehow there's a lot of people who are so desperate to be loyal to the Bible, that they start to claim that it's all no big deal ("the Bible never mentions relationships of love and faithfulness between people of the same sex!").

It must be very hard for a christian in this society to discover you're attracted to people from the same sex. The general public is rooting for you, while bashing the people around you.

From what I've seen in the christian world so far (it almost physically pains me to say, but even in my wife's family!), it won't be long before this man announces he has a boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 9:35 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Yes, they all need prayer.

I just don't understand how someone who has been married and has been intimate with a woman can make this change though.  If I truly were not attracted to a female, I doubt I would be able to get an erection for sexual contact.  This guy has been with his wife on countless occasions over their 20 year marriage.  Now, I am betting the marriage is over and he will be bringing a boyfriend to light.

We've created this whole false double standard with homosexuals.  This guy will be applauded and upheld as a hero.  If he announced to his wife that he just wasn't attracted to her, left, and suddenly had a new girlfriend, he would have been labeled a sexist pig, womanizer, and they would be throwing stones at every Christian they could in the media.  However, since he is a homosexual now, it will all be fine.

Well said.  I just saw on Facebook a guy I went to church with claiming how "godly" this man is...  It's sickening to me that a man leaving his wife (for any reason) is celebrated and that doing so is considered godly...

Veronika and I started reading The Meaning Of Marriage by Timothy Keller (which so far is a fantastic book).  In the first chapter he writes how marriage is now perceived as a means to attain personal happiness and satisfaction - a "me-marriage" - instead of the sacrificial, selfless, means to love someone as Christ loves the church.  Pearson's open letter exemplifies this attitude.  I acknowledge that he's stuck between a rock and a hard place (and I certainly don't envy him), but it seems to me that much of what he wrote basically says that his marriage does not satisfy him and that it's counter to the way he was made...  Well, monogamy is counter to the way most men (and women) were "made."  Gosh, if I wasn't a Christian, I'd probably make love to every beautiful woman I could because that is my "nature"!  Who's God to say I shouldn't?!?  Rolling Eyes   Anyways, I'll stop ranting...

As for David and Jonathan, I don't think Pearson was claiming or even suggesting that there was any homosexual relation between them.  I *think* he was just saying that he was drawn to the close [platonic] bond that the two men had.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 am

Quote :
As for David and Jonathan, I don't think Pearson was claiming or even suggesting that there was any homosexual relation between them.  I *think* he was just saying that he was drawn to the close [platonic] bond that the two men had.

Maybe not, but it sounded just like some of the rhetoric that I have heard other homosexuals use to justify what they are doing.

Quote :
Well said.  I just saw on Facebook a guy I went to church with claiming how "godly" this man is...  It's sickening to me that a man leaving his wife (for any reason) is celebrated and that doing so is considered godly...

I couldn't agree more!

Quote :
Veronika and I started reading The Meaning Of Marriage by Timothy Keller (which so far is a fantastic book).  In the first chapter he writes how marriage is now perceived as a means to attain personal happiness and satisfaction - a "me-marriage" - instead of the sacrificial, selfless, means to love someone as Christ loves the church.  Pearson's open letter exemplifies this attitude.  I acknowledge that he's stuck between a rock and a hard place (and I certainly don't envy him), but it seems to me that much of what he wrote basically says that his marriage does not satisfy him and that it's counter to the way he was made...  Well, monogamy is counter to the way most men (and women) were "made."  Gosh, if I wasn't a Christian, I'd probably make love to every beautiful woman I could because that is my "nature"!  Who's God to say I shouldn't?!?  Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay Icon_rolleyes   Anyways, I'll stop ranting...

With how filppant people are with marriage these days, it won't be long until only the ultra religious even get married.  Our western society, and I imagine that in Greece as well, is becoming more and more hedonistic as we attempt to embrace everyone and everything so that we don't offend anyone.  I don't know about the rest of the world, but I am going to keep living for Jesus and preaching the gospel.  If that offends people, then so be it.  Jesus and the Apostles offended folks on a repeated basis.  We just need to be careful to speak in love and never anger which is perceived as hatred.  But, we also need to stop being pansies in this world by not saying anything.  Between the lack of prayer, devotion to God's word, and telling others about Jesus, it is no wonder that our collective societies are literally going to Hell with or without the handbasket.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 3:10 pm

kerrick wrote:
....  In the first chapter he writes how marriage is now perceived as a means to attain personal happiness and satisfaction - a "me-marriage" - instead of the sacrificial, selfless, means to love someone as Christ loves the church.  Pearson's open letter exemplifies this attitude.  I acknowledge that he's stuck between a rock and a hard place (and I certainly don't envy him), but it seems to me that much of what he wrote basically says that his marriage does not satisfy him and that it's counter to the way he was made...  Well, monogamy is counter to the way most men (and women) were "made."  Gosh, if I wasn't a Christian, I'd probably make love to every beautiful woman I could because that is my "nature"!  Who's God to say I shouldn't?!?  Rolling Eyes   Anyways, I'll stop ranting...

BINGO!!!!!

I was talking to my wife the other day (a woman I have been married to for 28 years).  And said that people seem to forget that anything worth having/doing usually takes hard work....including a marriage.  Many seem to think that if a marriage gets "difficult" or is no longer "fulfilling" that they can just toss it aside like a pair of shoes or cd they no longer fancy.

PostSubject: Re: Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay   Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Married Christian Rocker Trey Pearson Comes Out As Gay
Page 1 of 1