Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers

Go down 
+7
deathisgain
Driven
Staybrite
ishmael81
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
ChosenOne
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 2:39 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
The fallout from this is amazing. Jars of Clay tweeted yesterday that they were "gauging interest in a Jars of Clay kayaking trip in 2018."

Hilarious.

Oh man that is hilarious!

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:13 pm

The problem here is not the fact that the DC Talk boyz want to do a cruise... not my thing, I could care less about cruises. The problem is in HOW they approached this.

You don't "HINT" the way they did - "2017" - That's all they say ? What are 99.9% of people going to think when a band that's on "Intermission" puts a year up like that ????  Common sense here people ! That was BS and I think the backlash they're getting right now is well deserved.

Do I dig DCT ? Yup.
Do I love those 3 brothers in Christ ? Yup.
Would I have loved a reunion ? Yup.
Did I think the "2017" year placed on their site meant an end to the Intermission ? Yup.
Do I think it's BS that it turns out to be a cruise of all things ??  Absolutely !
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
When I go on a cruise or vacation, I don't flaunt any excess.  Some people might but most usually don't.  Just saying.

Exactly.  I have not gone on any vacation to flaunt my excess.  Most of the time, I have had to save to be able to do something big.  That's what working class people do.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 10:36 pm

I've never even been on a cruise.  Although my wife and I have our 30th anniversary next year, so we are hoping to do a short one.

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:19 am

When I go on a cruise or vacation, I don't flaunt any excess.  Some people might but most usually don't.  Just saying.

My point was not so much about the consumer flaunting their excess, but the performers. If you as a consumer can afford a cruise, great. I wish I had that kind of $$, and if I did I would not have any problem spending it on a vacation.

My statement was actually aimed more at the dcTalk guys, but I suppose I'm making some assumptions that don't fit, like how much money they earn, what it costs for them to do the cruise, etc. None-the-less, I still don't like "Christian music" cruises. If nothing else they are vain and selective: "if you have enough $$ and are one of the lucky ones to get a ticket, you can come on a cruise with us." That leaves out hundreds of thousands of fans, putting a obvious divider between the "haves" and the "have nots".

Just my two cents, probably not worth even that.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Exactly.  I have not gone on any vacation to flaunt my excess.  Most of the time, I have had to save to be able to do something big.  That's what working class people do.

Like my answer to TTDR, my statement was not aimed at the consumers, but at the "stars" doing the cruise.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 8:24 am

Staybrite wrote:
I've never even been on a cruise.  Although my wife and I have our 30th anniversary next year, so we are hoping to do a short one.

I personally have no desire to go on a cruise, although I could probably be talked into it. However, the cost is anything but cheap. Even if this "fee vs free" site is accurate and all the "free" stuff really is included with the cost, it would cost me at least half-again the price of the cruise just to get to the boat.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 9:03 am

BearDad wrote:

My point was not so much about the consumer flaunting their excess, but the performers. If you as a consumer can afford a cruise, great. I wish I had that kind of $$, and if I did I would not have any problem spending it on a vacation.

My statement was actually aimed more at the dcTalk guys, but I suppose I'm making some assumptions that don't fit, like how much money they earn, what it costs for them to do the cruise, etc. None-the-less, I still don't like "Christian music" cruises. If nothing else they are vain and selective: "if you have enough $$ and are one of the lucky ones to get a ticket, you can come on a cruise with us." That leaves out hundreds of thousands of fans, putting a obvious divider between the "haves" and the "have nots".

Just my two cents, probably not worth even that.

But Joel Osteen told me that Jesus said that - "Come to me, all who have money and are blessed!"

Okay, maybe too far and I'm clearly being silly. I get your point though. Most bands don't make much money on tour but I would think something like this, dc Talk will make a killing. My wife looked at tickets and the cheapest package is a cool $1000 per person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers   DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Talk and the Teaser of all Teasers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2