For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need some prayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3354
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 am

Could use some prayer today. Orientation is over and today I find out just how much I need to learn and how many hours Iíll end up working. During the interview it seemed like 40-50 but during orientation last week, there were some comments about how this position could be a ďseven day a week jobĒ and itís hard for to be successful in the role without putting in ďenough hoursĒ. †I donít mind working to earn my pay but I donít like feeling mislead and I donít want work to consume me - I have a family and Iím in school.†

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18184
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Yikes seven days a week!
I hope that isn't the case.† Praying for you brother.

Number of posts : 3354
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

I would appreciate your prayers, even though at his point thereís probably only a few of you reading.†

The last two weeks you may have noticed I havenít been posting much. Iíve been at my new job, which in many ways is a blessing - I got out of a dying organization and got a nice pay raise. However, Iíve quickly realized that my boss works 60 to 70 hour weeks and expects the same from me. Iím in way over my head and to be honest, with family, church and school obligations I regret taking the position.†

But now Iím stuck. I needed a pay increase from where I was because my wife is a stay at home to homeschool our son. But I canít just give up time with my family, church obligations and school (which is to pursue Gods call on my life) for a job. †

Iíve been looking to see whatís out there but like I said - I feel stuck.†

I just donít know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18184
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Praying God will give you the strength to muscle through this really busy new work-time commitment.

Just so you don't feel utterly alone I helped start up a new company almost 6 years ago.† At the start I was working 45-50 hours a week and only getting paid for about 32.† I have taken a partnership role in the company during the last two years and now I get paid for 40 hours a week (but work 55-65 hours).† I would say it gets a little easier after you have done it for a while...but some weeks are still very hard.† I leave for work at 7 am and get home at 7 pm.† I work for a few more hours 2 or 3 evenings each week and typically one whole day each weekend.

Keep your chin up brother, praying for you.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   

Back to top Go down

Need some prayer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9