For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Need some prayer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ishmael81

Number of posts : 3327
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:44 am

So in the interest of safety, I won't go into a lot of detail here but I need some prayer. I feel overwhelmed by something in my life and don't know what to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3137
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 am

Will keep you in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
rockerVu2

Number of posts : 14571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:45 am

Will pray for you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18071
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Praying for you brother.

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 pm

You got it.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:12 am

Sending up a prayer now for you.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8866
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:29 am

prayers
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:21 am

First, thanks everybody for praying. I know my post was vague but I enjoy how our little community steps up and prays no matter what.

Second, this issue is still happening but maybe, just maybe, there's resolution coming.

So most of you know I hate my job and have felt for a long time that God was getting ready to move me. I looked for a job, pretty aggressively until about February. At that time, I told God "IF you want me moved, then show me where and move me. If you want me to stay put, then please give me the strength to endure the job and help me to not hate it so much."

All that being said, I have a very promising phone interview this afternoon for a healthcare company (I currently work for our state's mental health department with adults that have developmental disabiliites but I deal with a lot of healthcare issues) as an HR Generalist (which is what my degree is in and what I really want to do).

If you guys would pray for this interview, I would appreciate it. I'm hopeful that this is the movement I've been waiting for but I also have been looking so long with no results that it's hard to not be a pessimist.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:20 am

Praying that this is where God wants you.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Just got done with my phone interview. It sounded like a great position but would involve a huge pay cut and we're barely making ends meet as it is. 

I guess this is confirmation I need to just give up and deal with the fact I'm stuck where I'm at.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:37 pm

Bummer. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 am

Shoot. Well, don't give up hope.. I've found that when I'm trusting God for something and suddenly things get WORSE ??  It's almost always a precursor to amazing blessings. And that I should have trusted He knew what He was doing the whole time.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 04, 2016 2:05 pm

So since this has been the prayer discussion for my work related stuff, I thought I'd put this here.

I'd appreciate some prayers. Every time I think our finances are in order, some kinda something happens to muck them up again. I work full time, my wife works part time and I'm looking for a part time job to supplement because I'm tired of always running out of money.

So I guess some guidance to help with managing them would be good, as would some prayers to open a door for a part time job (since I've given up looking for something different full time).

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Financial problems are the worst, praying for you brother.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu May 05, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks man. If I felt like any sort of relief was actually going to happen, I'd be a little more hopeful but things have been this way long enough that I don't have much hope anymore.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 2856
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 am

I was in a work situation that wasn't ideal (had one direct boss and two indirect bosses who all wanted me to do different things for them).  I too thought that I was just doomed to stay there.  But a great opportunity did finally show up when I least expected it.  Will something like that happen with your situation? I don't truly know.  But it's a possibility.  Do not give up.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri May 06, 2016 8:20 am

Honestly I've thought what you guys are saying - sometimes when you think it's over and done with and you can't take anymore, God shows up and takes care of the situation.

I would like to be hopeful and think that may be the case here, but if it isn't, I don't want to keep being disappointed.

I've done some objective (as possible) thinking about why I hate my job and why I want to leave. Honestly, I don't think I'm very good at it. I don't say that to beat myself up - I just don't think I have the skills to be a much more successful leader/supervisor than I am now. And there's no shame in that. Honestly, I've said it before but sometimes I wish I just drove a delivery truck or was a salesman or something.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Fri May 06, 2016 8:45 am

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

Number of posts : 1520
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue May 10, 2016 2:15 pm

I get it man.  Praying big time.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue May 10, 2016 6:30 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I've done some objective (as possible) thinking about why I hate my job and why I want to leave. Honestly, I don't think I'm very good at it. I don't say that to beat myself up - I just don't think I have the skills to be a much more successful leader/supervisor than I am now. And there's no shame in that. Honestly, I've said it before but sometimes I wish I just drove a delivery truck or was a salesman or something.
I have to commiserate with ya here.  I spent 25 years in pharmacy. Though I would agree that I was good at what I did, I constantly had a nagging feeling that I don't belong here... that I may have been able to DO the job, but my heart wasn't in it, nor did I have a great memory to study and remember all the Continuing Education they make you do. I kept a notepad in my back pocket until PDA's came into being, then I put all my info in my PDA so I could quickly find the info needed when the moment arrived. So, while I felt I didn't belong, I made the best of it, and hung in there. 

You're doing the same thing. Just as I had SO many moments of asking God WHY AM I HERE !??!  He would bring events into my day that would answer that question.  He used me to help SO many people over the years. I went above and beyond the call so that I could help a patient and they were SO appreciative. 
So, in your situation, just ask God to use you regardless of how you feel about the job,.... He WILL use a willing child of His.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17981
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Tue May 10, 2016 9:06 pm

I spent 19 years working in a tire factory that I hated and often wondered why I was there.  I should have been asking what God wanted me to do while I was there.

Then, I took the layoff voluntarily in 2009 to become a more full-time youth pastor.  I was already doing that work in a local church but just wanted to be able to devote more time to that.  I took the position I currently have and needed something that would supplement my income while giving me summers free.  I became a substitute teacher for 2 years and then transitioned into working with special needs kids.  I never saw this coming.  But, I know that when God was ready for me to move, things just started opening up.  While it hasn't always been easy or fun, it has been a blessing.

So, God WILL move and give you a life of significance even if it means doing something different like driving a truck, working in a church, volunteer work, etc.  Just don't forget to ask Him what He wants you to do while you are where you currently are. I wished I had done that instead of complain for 19 years.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am

Good words alldat. I'm trying to take that approach and some days are easier than others.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 18, 2016 8:29 am

Continued prayer would be nice. Things just get crappier and crappier...
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 18, 2016 10:42 am

Still praying for you brother.

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   Wed May 18, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks. I hate to feel like I'm whining but we're in so deep I don't know how to get out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some prayer   

Back to top Go down

Need some prayer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next