Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ken Tamplin-Shout

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
rich71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rich71

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 12:21 pm

I know I'm really late in the game here where this subject is concerned. Can anyone here reccommend a song or Ken Tamplin cd and same for Shout.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 pm

I don't have many of his albums, but this is easily one of my favorite Tamplin solo songs.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 6:50 am

For Shout, you'd want to get the "It Won't Be Long" and "In Your Face" CDs.

With Tamplin, you pretty much need to get:

An Axe To Grind
Soul Survivor
Tamplin
In The Witness Box
Wake The Nations

You'd also want to track down the Magdallen album "Big Bang".  That represents his best work.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:57 pm

I have to agree with AllDat. Took me a while, but I tracked down all the Shout / Tamplin stuff from the 80s/90s. Magdallan is a great album, too.

And it's great to see that "Livin' For My Lord" video again. That was my introduction to Tamplin!

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the first time I saw that video was on ZTV...was that the name of it? There was some long-haired dude that did a rock/metal video show late on Saturday nights, I think. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember that?
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Just because I remember it too doesn't mean you aren't crazy.
Back to top Go down
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 7:22 am

messiaen77 wrote:
Just because I remember it too doesn't mean you aren't crazy.

Good point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:06 am

Ken Tamplin is my favorite singer in rock, and one of my favorite singers ever in any genre. He's not made a bad record.

If you venture outside Christian metal at all, check out a project called "Dream" by a guy named Greg X (no relation to Greg X. Volz). It's from 2011 and Ken does the vocals. Very much in Ken's wheelhouse - melodic rock. I really enjoy that album.

Also, though, if you venture out of metal at Christmastime, as most of us do, track down Ken's "Colors of Christmas" album. It's not rock or metal at all, but he sounds as good there as anywhere else. His version of Oh Holy Night is simply brilliant.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 1:37 pm

There is no denying Ken's talent, nor Lanny C's on guitar, but for some reason Shout and KT's solo stuf have never really clicked with me, even though I have four KT CDs as well as two Shout CDs along with one or two Shout cassettes. I like them, but just never listen to them; perhaps it's time to dust them of and spin them a few times. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ken Tamplin-Shout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken Tamplin-Shout   Ken Tamplin-Shout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ken Tamplin-Shout
Page 1 of 1