Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Union of Sinners and Saints

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Oldiesmann
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Union of Sinners and Saints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Union of Sinners and Saints   The Union of Sinners and Saints - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 pm

I've been listening to this for a few weeks now and I have to confess that I find it quite enjoyable, the only track that has me wanting to hit the skip button is the last one. Of the original tunes, "Old Guys Rule", "Lone Soldier", "Bittersweet" and "Rise Up" are all fantastic songs, and their version of "Independence Day" is really cool as well (and it's great to hear Schlitt sing it).

Honestly it seems like anyone who likes Schlitt's solo albums or even the last few John Elefante albums should really dig this.  Pretty much all the tracks have great hooks and even the slow songs get stuck in my head.  It's not metal, but Petra and White Heart were not metal bands...nobody should be expecting metal (or even hard rock really) from these old rockers.

I like this even better than the new Dogs of Peace album (which is also fantastic).  It's a little early to decide but TUoS&S is going to be a heavy contender for my album of the year.

The Union of Sinners and Saints
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2