For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 CMR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Kerrick, I agree with a lot of what both Alldat and XL have said. I am an engineer as well, albeit a software engineer, and a big part of my outlook on life is to analyze something and try to figure out a solution. Unfortunately, the biggest problem at CMR is people, something that cannot be solved. Churches split, bands disband, and relationships fall apart because of the people involved, not because of the rules or the programs or the ideas or the plans ... people make the team, and people destroy the team. As for me, I recognized (or thought I did) that I might be as much a part of the problem, so I left. Thus far I have never felt like that's an issue here, and I pray it never is.

Another reason you cannot "fix" CMR is because of the nature of the forum: Christian music. That is something you cannot discuss without also discussing Christianity. I have belonged to a motorcycle forum for eight years, and there they talk about one thing: motorcycles. Well mostly ... sometimes they talk about cars. Smile  But among the forum rules are "no political discussions" and "no religious discussions". And you know what? Virtually everyone gets along there, and I cannot name one person I know of that has been banned. Discussing religion or politics is a sure fire way to start an argument, as those are two things we as Americans hold very dear, even if what we are holding dear is a dislike of one or the other.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

avatar

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:19 pm

The biggest problem I have encountered in dealing with "liberal" minded people, is their exhaustive ability to argue. There is nothing you can say, that they won't have a couple chapters of rebuttal to offer back. And if you do back them into a corner, they yell "squirrel" and change the subject. It's like holding a discussion with a room full of insane asylum patients. Soon you start to find your self questioning your sanity. Ironically, most of them I find to be "intellectuals" that seem oblivious to their lack of rational thought. After years of dealing with this, like others, I learn to just shut up, to save myself from being swept up in the craziness and tiring myself in the process.

As I've stated in other places, the lack of any real Christian music news, I think tends to create a vacuum there that needs to be filled with other topics, and boredom leads to arguments (like with kids)

Going off on a semi related tangent, in the effort for Christians to distance themselves from being religious, we have created an environment where anyone that wants to claim being saved, is saved. There is no one definition of what Christianity is. So this is why we are fractured and argue. How can you claim a universalist is not a christian if he is "led by the spirit"? How can you say that viewing pornography is wrong if that doesn't fit into my definition? Then our hands are tied behind our backs, because we have no right to say anything then. If we do, we are legalist, judgmental, hypocrites and pharisees. We've set up an environment where we have to be politically correct so as not to offend the offensive ones.

I understand that we want to be a place where unbelievers and the outcasts of Christianity can come, feel love, fellowship and hopefully see the light of Christ. But I fear instead that the price we pay is that we are becoming a place that is losing the faithful instead. I honestly don't care if we lose the "unholy trinity", as they will be butt hurt and cause problems no matter what. Paul advocates excommunicating people to cause them to review their positions and change their ways. We would call this tough love. Of course some may not change their ways, and they are going to see the action as one of hate, but that is because their eyes are not truly open. Here is an example:

When I was 21, I was not very ambitious in life and was living at home. My mom was paying my car insurance, food, lodging, etc. She told me one day that I had to chip in or move out. I sat on the floor of the bath room and cried like a baby. My mom was mean in my eyes. After a while I realized that she was right, and that I had to grow up. So I did.

Sorry for talking too much.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 am

Quote :
Sorry for talking too much.

I wouldn't worry about it, deathisgain.  Your post is still shorter than mine.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 273
Age : 54
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 am

Well, I was banned for offending alldat, ain't that a hoot! geek
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:20 am

Kerrick, I know this is hard for your engineer mind to accept, but there isn't anything you can do about it.  The forum is a group of people and in the words of one of my dear, dear friends:  sometimes people can just be poops.  Most of what I have to say on this should probably be reserved for a less-public venue, but what I do want to say is one difference I see between here and CMR is that here we just refuse to get into it.  That is the best way to make sure a situation doesn't blow up (or to de-escalate one that has).  There are at least a half-dozen posts in this thread alone that raises my fight response, but I just don't do it.  That's also the way I've learned to handle things at CMR as well.  A little tolerance for people with different opinions and a whole lot of ignoring them goes a long way.

But again, I go back to my first post in this thread:  if you don't like it over there, there's no reason to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 2902
Age : 47
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

Whaddya mean there's nothing Kerrick can do???  He can ban them . . . . problem solved  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:15 pm

I certainly don't mean to be a dissenter here but...

I think one of the biggest problems "there" is one that is subtly made it's way into this thread. In fact this issue may be the root of Kerrick's rather impressive list.

There's an "us" and "them" mentality. I've seen several of you throw out the label of "liberal" Christian, and to frankly speak rather rudely or derogatorily about those folks. As you can see by my first post in this thread, I'm likely what most of you would consider a "liberal" Christian - not due to my politics - but because some of what I believe doesn't fit with Evangelical American Christianity.

Now none of you have targeted me directly, but I've made myself very clear that I disagree with some of the traditional views of Christianity and how it's evolved here in America. Should I take some of those harsh words as being directed at me, even though I haven't posted over there in months?

That being said, maybe if both sides quit doing this and worked towards some unity in Jesus, the CMR wouldn't be so toxic.

My last point is to try to answer Kerrick. Frankly man, once an environment gets that toxic, I don't know how to fix it other than to limit interactions. Maybe set a limit that people can only post 4 times in 24 hours? That'll shut up a lot of arguing real quick.
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5627
Age : 99
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:54 pm

I've decided to not close my account, but I'm as good as gone as far as it comes to discussion there. I've found very little to be edifying. Besides, I rarely take that much time online (this is the first time in over a week I've been on CHM) and I don't really take time on forums anyway.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2341
Age : 30
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
...You won't change it, Kerrick...

xenonlion wrote:
...but you can't change a person. At least not on your own. Especially if people are stubborn or set on their beliefs or how they are as a person.

It would be difficult to really put together a solution. The forum, in a way, is kind of like a "team." Everyone has to work together to keep order.

Also, I think everyone ought to love each other. I know it sounds really cliche, but I do mean that. There's a difference between having a discussion and getting bitter and having a temper tantrum because someone disagrees with you. People would get really riled up sometimes. A huge huge problem I see in people in general, including myself, is bitterness. I understand not liking something, but bitterness really isn't good and can be really unproductive.

BearDad wrote:
Unfortunately, the biggest problem at CMR is people, something that cannot be solved.

messiaen77 wrote:
Kerrick, I know this is hard for your engineer mind to accept, but there isn't anything you can do about it.  The forum is a group of people and in the words of one of my dear, dear friends:  sometimes people can just be poops.  Most of what I have to say on this should probably be reserved for a less-public venue, but what I do want to say is one difference I see between here and CMR is that here we just refuse to get into it.  That is the best way to make sure a situation doesn't blow up (or to de-escalate one that has).  There are at least a half-dozen posts in this thread alone that raises my fight response, but I just don't do it.  That's also the way I've learned to handle things at CMR as well.  A little tolerance for people with different opinions and a whole lot of ignoring them goes a long way.

Thanks guys.  You're right.  In addition to wanting to over-simplify things to problem and solution - and then fix them... I have this tendency to try to fix problems that either a) I just cannot, or b) it's not my place to.  And that can cause numerous other problems far more extensive than the original issue(s) at hand.  I realize that and am trying to acknowledge it when I'm starting down that path but don't always see it by myself.  I do want to make sure I'm doing my part though and do what I can/should.

Any time you get a bunch of folks together (especially over the internet!), there will be differences, struggles, and the like.  And that's true anywhere; this place included.  Heck, I've come very close to deleting my CHM account a couple times in the past year or so.  I suppose the main thing is whether we're willing to seek resolution (or leaving if need be) and having the humility to work through these differences together.

deathisgain wrote:
Going off on a semi related tangent, in the effort for Christians to distance themselves from being religious, we have created an environment where anyone that wants to claim being saved, is saved. There is no one definition of what Christianity is. So this is why we are fractured and argue. How can you claim a universalist is not a christian if he is "led by the spirit"? How can you say that viewing pornography is wrong if that doesn't fit into my definition? Then our hands are tied behind our backs, because we have no right to say anything then. If we do, we are legalist, judgmental, hypocrites and pharisees. We've set up an environment where we have to be politically correct so as not to offend the offensive ones.

I understand that we want to be a place where unbelievers and the outcasts of Christianity can come, feel love, fellowship and hopefully see the light of Christ. But I fear instead that the price we pay is that we are becoming a place that is losing the faithful instead. I honestly don't care if we lose the "unholy trinity", as they will be butt hurt and cause problems no matter what. Paul advocates excommunicating people to cause them to review their positions and change their ways. We would call this tough love. Of course some may not change their ways, and they are going to see the action as one of hate, but that is because their eyes are not truly open.

You bring up an interesting point and it's one with no easy answer.  The line between differing opinions and heresy is a fuzzy one at best.  When is a fellow Christian to call another out on what they believe to be heretical?  Example, the Joel Osteen conversation that exploded.  Most evangelical Christians would consider his teachings to be heretical and not anything of no crucial matter (like pre/mid/post tribulation or something).  Is the message board the place to do so?  For many, this is their only access to a Christian community.  So I'd say yes, it is appropriate.  If so, then how are people to do it?  I and the other mods have tried to create an atmosphere of respect where something like that could be dealt with appropriately.  But that's no easy task...

Candlemass wrote:
Well, I was banned for offending alldat, ain't that a hoot! geek

Well... as you and I have spoken about at length, there was much more to it than that.  If you want to discuss further, you know how to get ahold of me.

ishmael81 wrote:
I certainly don't mean to be a dissenter here but...

I think one of the biggest problems "there" is one that is subtly made it's way into this thread. In fact this issue may be the root of Kerrick's rather impressive list.

There's an "us" and "them" mentality. I've seen several of you throw out the label of "liberal" Christian, and to frankly speak rather rudely or derogatorily about those folks. As you can see by my first post in this thread, I'm likely what most of you would consider a "liberal" Christian - not due to my politics - but because some of what I believe doesn't fit with Evangelical American Christianity.

Now none of you have targeted me directly, but I've made myself very clear that I disagree with some of the traditional views of Christianity and how it's evolved here in America. Should I take some of those harsh words as being directed at me, even though I haven't posted over there in months?

That being said, maybe if both sides quit doing this and worked towards some unity in Jesus, the CMR wouldn't be so toxic.

My last point is to try to answer Kerrick. Frankly man, once an environment gets that toxic, I don't know how to fix it other than to limit interactions. Maybe set a limit that people can only post 4 times in 24 hours? That'll shut up a lot of arguing real quick.

You make a very valid point as well Ishmael.  As BearDad said, by the very nature of it being a "Christian" forum, there is naturally going to be contention and differing beliefs that are extremely personal.

This goes back to my comment above in response to DIG.  Where do you draw the line?  Not all "Christians" truly know Christ.  If someone is spouting off theology that you believe is so warped that it has the potential to misguide someone to the point of no longer truly following Christ, are we to just sit back and let it be?  Just because Person A and Person B both claim to follow Jesus, I don't think it means that they necessarily both know the same Jesus.  Person B's "Jesus" could be some cherry-picked and watered-down version of the true Christ as outlined in the Bible.  Should that not be addressed?  Could there truly be unity in Jesus at that point?  Perhaps there are two levels though.  For example, folks bickering to no end about pre/mid/post tribulation is pretty ridiculous IMO.  But folks discussing (even debating) universalism I think is pretty important because it's a very big deal.  Anyways, I'm just rambling now.  Thanks again for your input everyone.
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:35 pm

kerrick wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
...You won't change it, Kerrick...

xenonlion wrote:
...but you can't change a person. At least not on your own. Especially if people are stubborn or set on their beliefs or how they are as a person.

It would be difficult to really put together a solution. The forum, in a way, is kind of like a "team." Everyone has to work together to keep order.

Also, I think everyone ought to love each other. I know it sounds really cliche, but I do mean that. There's a difference between having a discussion and getting bitter and having a temper tantrum because someone disagrees with you. People would get really riled up sometimes. A huge huge problem I see in people in general, including myself, is bitterness. I understand not liking something, but bitterness really isn't good and can be really unproductive.

BearDad wrote:
Unfortunately, the biggest problem at CMR is people, something that cannot be solved.

messiaen77 wrote:
Kerrick, I know this is hard for your engineer mind to accept, but there isn't anything you can do about it.  The forum is a group of people and in the words of one of my dear, dear friends:  sometimes people can just be poops.  Most of what I have to say on this should probably be reserved for a less-public venue, but what I do want to say is one difference I see between here and CMR is that here we just refuse to get into it.  That is the best way to make sure a situation doesn't blow up (or to de-escalate one that has).  There are at least a half-dozen posts in this thread alone that raises my fight response, but I just don't do it.  That's also the way I've learned to handle things at CMR as well.  A little tolerance for people with different opinions and a whole lot of ignoring them goes a long way.

Thanks guys.  You're right.  In addition to wanting to over-simplify things to problem and solution - and then fix them... I have this tendency to try to fix problems that either a) I just cannot, or b) it's not my place to.  And that can cause numerous other problems far more extensive than the original issue(s) at hand.  I realize that and am trying to acknowledge it when I'm starting down that path but don't always see it by myself.  I do want to make sure I'm doing my part though and do what I can/should.

Any time you get a bunch of folks together (especially over the internet!), there will be differences, struggles, and the like.  And that's true anywhere; this place included.  Heck, I've come very close to deleting my CHM account a couple times in the past year or so.  I suppose the main thing is whether we're willing to seek resolution (or leaving if need be) and having the humility to work through these differences together.

deathisgain wrote:
Going off on a semi related tangent, in the effort for Christians to distance themselves from being religious, we have created an environment where anyone that wants to claim being saved, is saved. There is no one definition of what Christianity is. So this is why we are fractured and argue. How can you claim a universalist is not a christian if he is "led by the spirit"? How can you say that viewing pornography is wrong if that doesn't fit into my definition? Then our hands are tied behind our backs, because we have no right to say anything then. If we do, we are legalist, judgmental, hypocrites and pharisees. We've set up an environment where we have to be politically correct so as not to offend the offensive ones.

I understand that we want to be a place where unbelievers and the outcasts of Christianity can come, feel love, fellowship and hopefully see the light of Christ. But I fear instead that the price we pay is that we are becoming a place that is losing the faithful instead. I honestly don't care if we lose the "unholy trinity", as they will be butt hurt and cause problems no matter what. Paul advocates excommunicating people to cause them to review their positions and change their ways. We would call this tough love. Of course some may not change their ways, and they are going to see the action as one of hate, but that is because their eyes are not truly open.

You bring up an interesting point and it's one with no easy answer.  The line between differing opinions and heresy is a fuzzy one at best.  When is a fellow Christian to call another out on what they believe to be heretical?  Example, the Joel Osteen conversation that exploded.  Most evangelical Christians would consider his teachings to be heretical and not anything of no crucial matter (like pre/mid/post tribulation or something).  Is the message board the place to do so?  For many, this is their only access to a Christian community.  So I'd say yes, it is appropriate.  If so, then how are people to do it?  I and the other mods have tried to create an atmosphere of respect where something like that could be dealt with appropriately.  But that's no easy task...

Candlemass wrote:
Well, I was banned for offending alldat, ain't that a hoot! geek

Well... as you and I have spoken about at length, there was much more to it than that.  If you want to discuss further, you know how to get ahold of me.

ishmael81 wrote:
I certainly don't mean to be a dissenter here but...

I think one of the biggest problems "there" is one that is subtly made it's way into this thread. In fact this issue may be the root of Kerrick's rather impressive list.

There's an "us" and "them" mentality. I've seen several of you throw out the label of "liberal" Christian, and to frankly speak rather rudely or derogatorily about those folks. As you can see by my first post in this thread, I'm likely what most of you would consider a "liberal" Christian - not due to my politics - but because some of what I believe doesn't fit with Evangelical American Christianity.

Now none of you have targeted me directly, but I've made myself very clear that I disagree with some of the traditional views of Christianity and how it's evolved here in America. Should I take some of those harsh words as being directed at me, even though I haven't posted over there in months?

That being said, maybe if both sides quit doing this and worked towards some unity in Jesus, the CMR wouldn't be so toxic.

My last point is to try to answer Kerrick. Frankly man, once an environment gets that toxic, I don't know how to fix it other than to limit interactions. Maybe set a limit that people can only post 4 times in 24 hours? That'll shut up a lot of arguing real quick.

You make a very valid point as well Ishmael.  As BearDad said, by the very nature of it being a "Christian" forum, there is naturally going to be contention and differing beliefs that are extremely personal.

This goes back to my comment above in response to DIG.  Where do you draw the line?  Not all "Christians" truly know Christ.  If someone is spouting off theology that you believe is so warped that it has the potential to misguide someone to the point of no longer truly following Christ, are we to just sit back and let it be?  Just because Person A and Person B both claim to follow Jesus, I don't think it means that they necessarily both know the same Jesus.  Person B's "Jesus" could be some cherry-picked and watered-down version of the true Christ as outlined in the Bible.  Should that not be addressed?  Could there truly be unity in Jesus at that point?  Perhaps there are two levels though.  For example, folks bickering to no end about pre/mid/post tribulation is pretty ridiculous IMO.  But folks discussing (even debating) universalism I think is pretty important because it's a very big deal.  Anyways, I'm just rambling now.  Thanks again for your input everyone.


I think what I keep seeing in what you're saying is something my wife says to me on occasion: "It isn't so much what you say as how you say it."

In other words, feel free to disagree but don't be donkey-holes about it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Quote :
ishmael81 wrote:
There's an "us" and "them" mentality. I've seen several of you throw out the label of "liberal" Christian, and to frankly speak rather rudely or derogatorily about those folks. As you can see by my first post in this thread, I'm likely what most of you would consider a "liberal" Christian - not due to my politics - but because some of what I believe doesn't fit with Evangelical American Christianity.

Now none of you have targeted me directly, but I've made myself very clear that I disagree with some of the traditional views of Christianity and how it's evolved here in America. Should I take some of those harsh words as being directed at me, even though I haven't posted over there in months?

There is a difference between you and some that we have encountered over the years.  You know when to back off and let something go for the sake of friendship.  We've extended the same grace here when we've disagreed with you as well.  We think or feel differently, but neither is jamming our point of view in the other's face with an unwritten accusation that the other is wrong.  Maybe I should have said "militant liberal Christians".  I know that you have more in common with Savage Amusement in beliefs than I do, but you don't come off as smug about it.  You don't keep working it into conversations that really aren't about whatever issue you've decided to sneak it into.  That's the difference I've seen in you, man.

I've come to expect you to think differently and challenge us at times.  I can live with that.  When you get an arrogant tone as though the rest of us are wrong or aren't as holy, then I just don't want to be around that whether you are ultra-liberal in your religious/political views or ultra-conservative.  Most of us sit somewhere between the extremes.  While you may be further left than I, you don't come off as a jerk about it.  Removing myself from the CMR just means that I am tired of the handful of bad apples, as they say, that make being there less fun.  Not everyone there is bad.  Some of you guys/girls are there.  However, a few worms ruin the whole apple.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :
ishmael81 wrote:
There's an "us" and "them" mentality. I've seen several of you throw out the label of "liberal" Christian, and to frankly speak rather rudely or derogatorily about those folks. As you can see by my first post in this thread, I'm likely what most of you would consider a "liberal" Christian - not due to my politics - but because some of what I believe doesn't fit with Evangelical American Christianity.

Now none of you have targeted me directly, but I've made myself very clear that I disagree with some of the traditional views of Christianity and how it's evolved here in America. Should I take some of those harsh words as being directed at me, even though I haven't posted over there in months?

There is a difference between you and some that we have encountered over the years.  You know when to back off and let something go for the sake of friendship.  We've extended the same grace here when we've disagreed with you as well.  We think or feel differently, but neither is jamming our point of view in the other's face with an unwritten accusation that the other is wrong.  Maybe I should have said "militant liberal Christians".  I know that you have more in common with Savage Amusement in beliefs than I do, but you don't come off as smug about it.  You don't keep working it into conversations that really aren't about whatever issue you've decided to sneak it into.  That's the difference I've seen in you, man.

I've come to expect you to think differently and challenge us at times.  I can live with that.  When you get an arrogant tone as though the rest of us are wrong or aren't as holy, then I just don't want to be around that whether you are ultra-liberal in your religious/political views or ultra-conservative.  Most of us sit somewhere between the extremes.  While you may be further left than I, you don't come off as a jerk about it.  Removing myself from the CMR just means that I am tired of the handful of bad apples, as they say, that make being there less fun.  Not everyone there is bad.  Some of you guys/girls are there.  However, a few worms ruin the whole apple.


Thanks for the kind words alldat. I think you've hit the nail on the head. Like I said, I admit that I could be wrong about anything I believe beyond who Jesus is, and you guys challenge me too. I'm not really a Free Gracer anymore as I found a lot I disagree with about it - but still, I believe in openness theology and most everyone else strikes me as a more classical theist.

And in all reality, some of the worst arguments I've seen are when people are saying almost exactly the same thing, just in sorta different ways.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Agreed.  It all really comes down to one simple thing.  Jesus died to pay the price and rose again to give us life.  There is no other way to God.  We all get too hung up on the rest.

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
oteis

avatar

Number of posts : 366
Age : 38
Localisation : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:50 pm

I still have my cmr account, but i rarely post there. It's not the same as it used to be. The thing i'm actually shocked about reading is that Adam left.... Once in a while i message him on 

I don't know about all the liberal christian stuff. people have so many opions about believe, christianity, etc. i know some will upset me. I only read the topics i want to read (only music) and leave the rest to Liberals Smile
My problem with cmr is more with the disrespect towards artists on the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 273
Age : 54
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:16 pm

Now don't be offended, but...

Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Wow! The only reason I started this thread was to vent my feelings concerning CMR in a safe environment. Smile  I can't help but notice that besides a couple of jibes here and there, for the most part this discussion has been very civil. I am convinced that would not have been the case over there.

@Kerrick - Since you are getting married soon I'd like to shoot down a rabbit trail for a minute and address something you said:

Kerrick wrote:
In addition to wanting to over-simplify things to problem and solution - and then fix them... I have this tendency to try to fix problems that either a) I just cannot, or b) it's not my place to.

It is good you are aware of this tendency of yours, but make sure you have it well leashed before you say "I do." More often then not when the Mrs. is complaining about something she does not want you to fix it, she just wants you to listen.  On the other hand, if she wants you to fix something she will bring it up more than once, something we men call nagging when our wives cannot hear us! Smile Don't try to fix the former, make darn sure you do fix the latter! Very Happy

As for this:

Kerrick wrote:
Heck, I've come very close to deleting my CHM account a couple times in the past year or so.  

You do and I will sabotage Ed Force One!  lol!
Back to top Go down
BearDad



Number of posts : 2056
Localisation : Pierre, SD
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:00 pm

ishmael81 wrote:
I think what I keep seeing in what you're saying is something my wife says to me on occasion: "It isn't so much what you say as how you say it."

I wish your wife would explain this to my wife.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 18079
Age : 47
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:01 pm

I would also hate to see Kerrick leave.  While we don't always agree on everything, I do consider you a friend.  Or fiend.  I guess it depends on whether it is early morning and I am not really caring about spelling or punctuation.

lol!

_________________




I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1732
Age : 46
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:04 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Agreed.  It all really comes down to one simple thing.  Jesus died to pay the price and rose again to give us life.  There is no other way to God.  We all get too hung up on the rest.

This is what it all boils down to. Is any of this going to matter when all of us meet in Heaven? Nope. Not a bit, we will just be glad to meet everyone from the forum. 

I do my best to stay out of politics on forums or at work because I feel that is between me and my family. I am not going to change anyone's mind and they are not going to change mine. But I usually vote for those that support unions and the blue collar working class. I check the voting records of my senators and congressman. They can say one thing but then vote another way. Voting records do not lie.

As alldat stated the music discussion over there is a little more dark-metal leaning when I am more of a Bloodgood, Whitecross, Barren Cross kind of guy. So I stay to talk about the older bands for those that wish to discuss it. But as he said, there are two bands in particular that get mentioned over there and it gets so crazy and heated it runs people off. And I am talking about 2 bands whose band members used to post there. I feel one of them was run off when he was promoting his latest release. It was like people were criticizing him for releasing it under "X" band name instead of a solo release. I mean who cares? How important is it? I felt he was really unfairly treated and none of us truly know the man. I feel he was made very unwelcome there. The "other" guitarist/vocalist I am referring to hasn't posted in a long time but people take shots at him too. I am assuming he is busy with his band at this time and is too busy to post but I always enjoy reading about what they are working on and i am glad they are still releasing new music that sounds like classic metal. And I  don't know why certain people (I don't even know who) will jump on either of those guys when they post. I am convinced one of them will probably never come back because he was made so unwelcome there. 

I enjoy it here more because it is a laid back place. Another forum I enjoy is probably one of the most active on the internet, the Steve Hoffman forums (at this moment there are over 840 people online there). But over there the posting by people is almost continuous and when you start a new thread it might be buried 3 pages deep in 10 minutes if no one replies. And if you miss a few days some of the threads end up being 10 or 15 pages long then you have to catch up or just decide to skip it.

Anyway, glad I am here. I like this place.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

avatar

Number of posts : 1732
Age : 46
Localisation : Panama City, FL
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:07 am

BearDad wrote:

 More often then not when the Mrs. is complaining about something she does not want you to fix it, she just wants you to listen.  On the other hand, if she wants you to fix something she will bring it up more than once, something we men call nagging when our wives cannot hear us! Smile Don't try to fix the former, make darn sure you do fix the latter! Very Happy


I still sometimes get the two confused. "Mike, I had a terrible day today and so and so treated me bad". That is one that I should not attempt to fix, despite my efforts. And "Hey Mike this sink is leaking!!". That is the one she wants me to fix and chances are I am not equipped to make such fixes but I will try to slow it down!
Back to top Go down
Xid

avatar

Number of posts : 3194
Age : 48
Localisation : Kalispell, MT
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:15 am

I've kept my 2 cents out of this and I just can't keep quiet any longer!

Just kidding.  I don't have anything to add to the discussion so I'm just lurking.

Carry on, good fellows!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
messiaen77

avatar

Number of posts : 1541
Age : 46
Localisation : in a yellow submarine
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:32 am

MikeInFla wrote:
As alldat stated the music discussion over there is a little more dark-metal leaning when I am more of a Bloodgood, Whitecross, Barren Cross kind of guy. So I stay to talk about the older bands for those that wish to discuss it. But as he said, there are two bands in particular that get mentioned over there and it gets so crazy and heated it runs people off. And I am talking about 2 bands whose band members used to post there. I feel one of them was run off when he was promoting his latest release. It was like people were criticizing him for releasing it under "X" band name instead of a solo release. I mean who cares? How important is it? I felt he was really unfairly treated and none of us truly know the man. I feel he was made very unwelcome there. The "other" guitarist/vocalist I am referring to hasn't posted in a long time but people take shots at him too. I am assuming he is busy with his band at this time and is too busy to post but I always enjoy reading about what they are working on and i am glad they are still releasing new music that sounds like classic metal. And I  don't know why certain people (I don't even know who) will jump on either of those guys when they post. I am convinced one of them will probably never come back because he was made so unwelcome there. 
I think I know who you are talking about, but in case I'm wrong, I'll just use fake names.  Ked Tirkpatrick did show up recently to comment on some Black Sabbath tribute album some folks did.  He mentioned that he wasn't run off.  Swichael Meet will be back around when it is time to plug the new work.

But I agree, the treatment of these folks has been less-than-Christian at times.
Back to top Go down
xenonlion

avatar

Number of posts : 1689
Age : 19
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 am

Xid wrote:
I've kept my 2 cents out of this and I just can't keep quiet any longer!

Just kidding.  I don't have anything to add to the discussion so I'm just lurking.

Carry on, good fellows!

lol!
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

avatar

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:37 am

Ok.... I'll chime in...I haven't "hung" at CMR for a long time... I don't think the liberal thing was/is why... I just sort of saw that for what it was... I never got involved in it... but honestly---I realized that musically I'm a 70s & 80's guy---and I just progressively found less and less at the CMR that even interested me.   

On a positive note---I'm blessed by the faith culture and music here at CHM!  You Rock
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

avatar

Number of posts : 3353
Age : 36
Localisation : St Louis
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: CMR   Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 am

messiaen77 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
As alldat stated the music discussion over there is a little more dark-metal leaning when I am more of a Bloodgood, Whitecross, Barren Cross kind of guy. So I stay to talk about the older bands for those that wish to discuss it. But as he said, there are two bands in particular that get mentioned over there and it gets so crazy and heated it runs people off. And I am talking about 2 bands whose band members used to post there. I feel one of them was run off when he was promoting his latest release. It was like people were criticizing him for releasing it under "X" band name instead of a solo release. I mean who cares? How important is it? I felt he was really unfairly treated and none of us truly know the man. I feel he was made very unwelcome there. The "other" guitarist/vocalist I am referring to hasn't posted in a long time but people take shots at him too. I am assuming he is busy with his band at this time and is too busy to post but I always enjoy reading about what they are working on and i am glad they are still releasing new music that sounds like classic metal. And I  don't know why certain people (I don't even know who) will jump on either of those guys when they post. I am convinced one of them will probably never come back because he was made so unwelcome there. 
I think I know who you are talking about, but in case I'm wrong, I'll just use fake names.  Ked Tirkpatrick did show up recently to comment on some Black Sabbath tribute album some folks did.  He mentioned that he wasn't run off.  Swichael Meet will be back around when it is time to plug the new work.

But I agree, the treatment of these folks has been less-than-Christian at times.

Ah! Here I thought he may have been referring to Thale Dompson...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CMR   

Back to top Go down
 
CMR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: