Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pylon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 10:59 pm

OK, this is frustrating.  Without having ever heard the band, I ordered this CD ("The Eternal Wedding Band 10th Ann. Ed.") from Bill Roxx and got it today. I'm not crazy about doom like some people, but enjoy it from time to time, and this band's music is awesome. Sadly, the vox are not (IMO, no offense to the singer). So part of me wants to offer it for trade, while the other part of me says, "give it time". And then there's my personal rule, very rarely broken: NEVER get rid of ANY music, especially Christian music!

Last edited by BearDad on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 am

If it grates on your nerves, then I get rid of it.  I think that a lot of music is awesome at first but it declines for me with time.  It has to go.

I didn't care for the vox on Pylon (is that the correct band?) in some of their clips and haven't bought a thing by them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:31 am

alldatndensum wrote:
If it grates on your nerves, then I get rid of it.  I think that a lot of music is awesome at first but it declines for me with time.  It has to go.

I didn't care for the vox on Pylon (is that the correct band?) in some of their clips and haven't bought a thing by them.

The insert indicates all three sing, with no mention of "lead singer", so I have no idea which one sings.  But in the first song they are all three singing and at least one is off key, and in the second song the singer keeps missing notes, being a bit flat at times and sometimes sounding like he's searching for the right note! In mostof the other songs the singing is better, but not great. 

I love the music, very Sabbath-like. I've only listened to the whole thing once, so I'll give it some time.  My experience is that if I don't like something at first it usually grows on me. Don't be surprised, however, if you see it in the "for sale or trade" forum after a while! LOL!

And yes, it's Pylon. I didn't realize until now I had typed the name wrong. Getting old sucks!
Back to top Go down
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:39 am

I'd be interested, keep me updated...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:15 pm

During their first releases, they split the vocals between Matt and Jan, I believe.  Matt took over the vocals with the album Doom.  Jordan Cutajar did vocals for a couple of songs on The Harrowing of Hell and took over the vocals with Homo Homini Lupus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pylon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pylon   Pylon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pylon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: