Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Listening to some GUARDIAN!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Listening to some GUARDIAN! Empty
PostSubject: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 8:07 pm

Dude... I loved these guys back when... but lost track...  Just recently I rediscoved them---LOVING "Kingdom of Rock" and "Mr. Do Wrong."  

I created a PB / Guardian playlist on Spotify--incase anyone want's to check it out---here's the link:

https://open.spotify.com/user/12128530219/playlist/636fepUPbYrtdqt6YlJnSt
Back to top Go down
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 5:51 am

Ah, "Miracle Mile" brings back some great memories! I wore that cassette out (and eventually upgraded to CD). So many great tracks.

I just wish Guardian had been more consistent in their sound from album to album. Track them across 10 years and you get: "Fire and Love" to "Miracle Mile" to "Swing Swang Swung" to "Buzz" to "Bottle Rocket."

If it weren't for Rowe's distinct vocals, you'd think you were listening to five different bands! : )

Thanks for making/sharing your playlist!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Does anyone have the Gardian "Voyager & Fusion" compilation of demo material that was released several years back?  If so what do you think of it?

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 pm

I used to but traded it away.  To be honest, I really didn't care about it.  Most of the songs were just earlier versions of tracks on their "First Watch" album.  It was cool to kind of see how the songs transitioned until they were recorded as we know them.  However, there wasn't enough new material to hold my attention.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I used to but traded it away.  To be honest, I really didn't care about it.  Most of the songs were just earlier versions of tracks on their "First Watch" album.  It was cool to kind of see how the songs transitioned until they were recorded as we know them.  However, there wasn't enough new material to hold my attention.

Good to know.

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:42 pm

They were very good onstage back before Jamie took over up front.  The space armor gimmick was pretty funky with their "put on the full armor of God" shtick.  I prefer "First Watch" but I guess my biggest issue with them afterwards is they allowed producers and label executives to dictate what they recorded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to some GUARDIAN!   Listening to some GUARDIAN! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to some GUARDIAN!
Page 1 of 1