Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!

Go down 
+4
Guilty/Forgiven
alldatndensum
Staybrite
MikeInFla
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3110
Registration date : 2012-03-18

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! Empty
PostSubject: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 pm

It's here! I just ordered the orange vinyl/CD combo. Looking forward to this one!!!

http://roxxrecords.storenvy.com/collections/776862-pre-order

Roxx Records is extremely excited to be re-releasing one of Classic Christian Metal’s most celebrated artists – Recon! This March the label will deliver a special 25th anniversary Limited Edition pressing of Behind Enemy Lines on both CD and vinyl.
Recon burst on to the metal scene in 1988 with a 4-track cassette-only demo, which was the norm back when file sharing was mix tapes sent through the mail to and from tape traders. The band soon followed this up with two classic tracks that were released on the Regency Records compilation, California Metal 2. Then, in 1990, Intense/Frontline Records released the band’s full-length debut, Behind Enemy Lines.
Recon was originally launched by Deliverance axe master, George Ochoa, who also produced the melodic power metal album. The album was originally released on CD and cassette tape, both of which are extremely rare and hard to find today. There was even a one-time CD reissue from M8 records, which is equally as rare to find. Collectors might have been lucky enough to get their hands on a copy of a small run of a European-only release on vinyl. Traders in rare Christian metal will tell you that this vinyl release is “next to impossible to find” today. All that changes with this Limited Edition re-release on Roxx Records.
This special one-time Limited Edition vinyl reissue of this classic metal album features all the original tracks completely re-mastered for vinyl on both colored and black vinyl. The album is set to feature the original album art, completely restored and enhanced for this special pressing. This one-time pressing features 100 copies on orange vinyl and 200 on black vinyl, for a total pressing of only 300 pieces.
There will also be a very special Limited Edition CD pressing of only 300 copies, which is set to feature all of the original tracks from the album completely restored and re-mastered. The CD will also include 4 additional bonus tracks. These tracks will be both tracks from the original California Metal 2 compilation and 2 of the original 4 demo tracks that helped launch Recon.
These bonus tracks also get a special re-release treatment. George Ochoa located the original master reels of these demos and had the tapes baked, digitized and completely restored and re-mastered for this special release. These recently found and restored demos sound crisper and better than ever before. No one has ever heard these demos like this before.
Recon Behind Enemy Lines is scheduled to be released on March 18, 2016. This coming year is set to be an excellent year for Christian metal fans and Roxx Records are just getting started. “We have much more in store for you as this year goes on,” promises Bill Bafford, “so stay tuned!”
RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! Recon_Behind_Orange_400w
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

I pre-ordered as well, but just the cd only version (as I have no way to even listen to records). I have been looking for a cd copy of this album for nearly 10 years (in the $20 or less category). Kinda happy I managed to hold out until it was remastered & reissued.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 7:42 am

The original CD would fetch a pretty penny on Ebay.  I bet this drops that down quite a bit.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 7:43 am

I am ordering this even though I could remaster it myself.  Why?  Because of the bonus tracks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 10:44 am

I'm picking mine up at the San Diego Heavy Metal Swap Meet (Bill Roxx Bafford is holding a few to bring to it). Can't wait !!!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 10:56 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I'm picking mine up at the San Diego Heavy Metal Swap Meet (Bill Roxx Bafford is holding a few to bring to it). Can't wait !!!
Cool! I remember your trip there last time, looking forward to seeing what you grab. Take some pictures again!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 am

Pre-ordered the orange vinyl with the CD as well as the Pylon album Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MadMap

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:26 am

Pre-ordered the CD. Looks like less than 100 left of the 300-print run.

I hope they can also do the Angelica s/t remaster at some point since last year's funding project fell short. That's one of my all-time favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm sure that they'll eventually get done but it'll just take some time to get all of the funds.  Maybe Bill will sell some more rare gems to help finance it  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 am

The song I listened to was very good or ... vet gaaf.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 am

MadMap wrote:
Pre-ordered the CD. Looks like less than 100 left of the 300-print run.

I hope they can also do the Angelica s/t remaster at some point since last year's funding project fell short. That's one of my all-time favorite albums.
Yeah I hope so too. I was mainly interested in the Deliverance self titled on red vinyl. But if they do Angelica on colored vinyl I'll prob get that too... Or like this one do the orange vinyl CD combo.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:58 am

New song!!

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 11:02 am

I wonder what, if any, effect that these remasters will do the worth of the original Intense Records CDs.  If the quality is this good, I doubt I will need two copies and would be likely to sell my original.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 6:05 am

Won't be long! Orange vinyl sold out. Looks like there might be about 150 CD's left so these seem to be selling pretty well. I hope it is successful for Roxx, looking forward to finally getting this!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Won't be long! Orange vinyl sold out. Looks like there might be about 150 CD's left so these seem to be selling pretty well. I hope it is successful for Roxx, looking forward to finally getting this!

Do they wait until they are all sold before shipping? I'm looking forward to getting it as well. Kinda wish I'd gone vinyl, but finances barely allowed for CD.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:48 am

No, they will ship on March 18 regradless. Official release day.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:50 am

The Recon discs are shipping now.  I got mine yesterday in the mail!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 1:18 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Cool! I remember your trip there last time, looking forward to seeing what you grab. Take some pictures again!

This year I'll be doing a video reveal for my YouTube channel that went live a couple months back. So in early May I'll post my video haul for anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm

I got mine in the mail yesterday too! (still haven't listened to it yet)

MadMap

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 7:22 am

Got my CD Monday. The remaster sounds great! Lots of depth to the sound that was missing on the 1990 release.

The sticker was a nice bonus too, but I don't think the wife will let me put in on the minivan! Smile
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 am

I got mine on Monday as well, but I'm still not sure why I ordered it. I have the original on tape and I have the M8 remaster on CD, so this one is really just more of the same for me. I'm afraid I've just never had a fine-tuned enough ear to be able to detect if this is a better remastering job than the M8 one, and I only know that one was good because all I had before was the cassette. I suppose I'll have to play one and then the other to hopefully hear the difference.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 9:10 am

I didn't know M8 did a release of Behind Enemy Lines.  I know they did the Cornerstone Live album.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 2:25 pm

MadMap wrote:
Got my CD Monday. The remaster sounds great! Lots of depth to the sound that was missing on the 1990 release.

The sticker was a nice bonus too, but I don't think the wife will let me put in on the minivan! Smile

After listening, I don't think it is that great of a remaster.  Sure, you get more powerful low end, but at what cost?  I can't hear the rhythm guitars anymore.  I can listen to crappy pop music for that.

If you can find the M8 remaster, get that instead.  It is much better.

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
I didn't know M8 did a release of Behind Enemy Lines.  I know they did the Cornerstone Live album.

Yep.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/recon.htm
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 7:57 am

For all the stuff that M8 did wrong, this was one release that they did right.  I thought I had an original Intense Records one but actually have the M8 reissue.  It sounds like George Ochoa took the already remastered M8 version to make the new one.  What you get is something where the bass and drums are so insufferably loud that it renders this unlistenable for very long unless you turn the volume way down to almost nothing.  Ear fatigue will hit you hard after listening to this new version. 

So, who wants to buy the newly remastered version from me?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!   RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RECON - Behind Enemy Lines preorders!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next