Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 Empty
PostSubject: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:06 pm

Ok, so I resisted this for quite a while.

I've always loved Rev 7's "Unveiling" album, but thought the production could be improved...

Eventually, the 7th Power album came out, and was disappointing to me. It just didn't have the hooks that "The Unveiling" did. Plus, Bill used that weird robot effect on his voice, so I really wasn't crazy about it.

So -- when it was announced that he was re-recording the Rev Seven albums, I was pretty wary of the production. But tonight, I picked it up on iTunes, and WOW! What a great record! It threw me a little at first because the tracklist isn't the same as the original albums. But the songs sound phenominal!

Anyone else dig this? I'll have to pick up Vol. 2 soon!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:22 pm

I have both Vol. 1 & 2. I've had the first two Rev Seven albums for years: Unveiling/Hell & Back. They were awesome, and I thought that they just needed remastering.

But, Bill Menchen decided to rerecord them from the ground up. That SHOULD have been a great idea. Unfortunately, some of the songs have been altered musically and lyrically. So, while the sound is great, Vol. 1 loses something just simply in the fact that this isn't as familiar to me as it should.

Vol. 2, now that's a different story. The songs were recorded with great production the first time. But, Bill decided to rerecord these as well. What happened to these was a vast improvement from the originals.

If you like the Rev Seven discs, then you also need to pick up the two Redeemer CDs. It's Bill Menchen rerecording the two demo albums that Redeemer did in the mid/late 80's.

The two Redeemer discs are scheduled to be redone yet again next year. They will be adding drum tracks by Robert Sweet. While that will add to the songs some, I don't think it will make a vast enough improvement for me to buy them a second time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:45 pm

Who sings on the Redeemer discs?

I went and listened to Final Axe on myspace, and I'll be picking those up soon as well.

As far as changes to the songs - I agree. I just need some time to adjust. It made me think of Whitecross's 1987, which I originally didn't like because of some of the differences (although they're more subtle than the differences in Rev 7), but listening to it now, I dig it. I'm sure the Rev Seven will grow on ya, bro!
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 pm

So, question. I thought about buying HL vol. 1 from cdbaby, because Staybrite sent me two samples off of it Smile , and I love them.....is the cd at cdbaby what you are talking about?..meaning a re-recording or the original?

Thanks. I may buy this as a belated Christmas present to myself santa .

Where is your Twisted Sister avatar 7777777???? Razz
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:33 am

The HL CDs are the rerecordings of the R7 CDs.

RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:39 am

Yeah, where did my avatar go?!?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:39 am

Quote :
Who sings on the Redeemer discs?

Bill does, just like on the Rev 7 stuff. There are no weird robotic voices like on Seventh Power.

Quote :
and I love them.....is the cd at cdbaby what you are talking about?..meaning a re-recording or the original?

Both Heavy Laden Vol. 1 & 2 are rerecordings of the original 4 Rev 7 projects.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
RoxxRegime

RoxxRegime

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 am

Ahh, that's better.

Anyway... yeah, the heavy laden discs on cdbaby are the re-recordings! Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:06 pm

There are rumors that those will be reissued again but with Robert Sweet on drums. I know that the Redeemer stuff, and the first Final Axe CD will be.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1   Rev  Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rev Seven: Heavy Laden Vol. 1
Page 1 of 1