Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer

Go down 
+4
Dynamis
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 11:51 am

Here is a fun vid of Micheal doing a solo acoustic cover of Bon Jovi's popular classic.  I think he did a fantastic job.  Has anyone had a chance to see him perform solo?

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Very cool !!  Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Thanks for the token response  lol!
At least someone cared enough to pander a little to my boring post. Laughing

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:50 pm

Sorry.  I didn't like it so I refrained from making a negative post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Xid wrote:
Sorry.  I didn't like it so I refrained from making a negative post.

That's the spirit! Laughing

Not a fan of Bon Jovi songs in general or just Sweet's rendition?

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Thanks for sharing- I just watched this a few minutes ago.  Very impressive.  I wonder if this will be the next song for Stryper to cover?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 11:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Not a fan of Bon Jovi songs in general or just Sweet's rendition?
I like Bon Jovi's version.  Sweet softens it too much.  Bon Jovi's version is a declaration or anthem.  Sweet brought it to a love song level.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 am

I didn't care much for it myself.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 12:09 pm

Yep, my wife and I saw him live here in Houston earlier this year.  I believe he did this song as well in his set.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 pm

Dynamis wrote:
Thanks for sharing- I just watched this a few minutes ago.  Very impressive.  I wonder if this will be the next song for Stryper to cover?

Oooooo, now that might be really cool.

TTDR wrote:
Yep, my wife and I saw him live here in Houston earlier this year.  I believe he did this song as well in his set.

Very cool, I don't think he made it to my neck of the woods, but I would love to see him do a solo show sometime.

Xid wrote:
I like Bon Jovi's version.  Sweet softens it too much.  Bon Jovi's version is a declaration or anthem.  Sweet brought it to a love song level.

I agree he did change the feel of the song, but I think he only did that because he was performing acoustic.  If you've every heard Bon Jovi's acoustic version that they did for the 9/11 Tribute to Heroes event (back in 2001) that band gave the song much the same treatment (not that I'm trying to argue with you...).

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Staybrite wrote:
(not that I'm trying to argue with you...)

Yes you are now stop it!  j/k

For me, it's that I'm used to hearing a certain intensity.  So when it's brought down to a lower level the song loses it's feel.  Sometimes it works.  Other times, not so much.  That isn't to say that either performance isn't good because they are good musicians.  I just don't care for the feel of the song.

It's like all of the remakes of Tom Petty's Free Fallin':  It's not a love song people!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 3:38 pm

I understand.  Smile

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I am like Xid.  I don't care for the syrupy love song rendition or Sweet's lack of hitting some of the high notes.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am like Xid.  I don't care for the syrupy love song rendition or Sweet's lack of hitting some of the high notes.

Not making excuses for Michael, but Jon Bon Jovi can't hit those high notes anymore either.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 7:13 am

Oh, I understand that fully.  Switching to doing blues is going to help me tremendously as I can't even hit some of the notes now from my last album.  Age sucks for a vocalist unless you are a bass singer.  Then, your lows just seem to get lower which is a plus.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 3:26 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Age sucks for a vocalist unless you are a bass singer.  Then, your lows just seem to get lower which is a plus.

Which is why I'm glad I'm a bass vocalist  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm just not a vocalist at all...nothing to worry about.  Laughing

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 12:06 am

I just strum and grimace musically.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 6:57 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
Age sucks for a vocalist unless you are a bass singer.  Then, your lows just seem to get lower which is a plus.

Which is why I'm glad I'm a bass vocalist  Very Happy

I have always had a rich baritone but had a lot more high end range when I was younger.  I've never been able to hit the high notes like I wanted to be able to do.  Now that I am older, I have even less high end.

Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 4:57 pm

If that's the best song he knows about prayer, that is sad. 

I didn't really care for it. I don't really like it when Bon Jovi does an acoustic version either. It's a rock song and should remain that way, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer   Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet - Living on a Prayer
Page 1 of 1