Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn

Go down 
+7
Xid
Through The Dark Radio
VaughanGF
rockerVu2
mudpuppy
alldatndensum
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn Empty
PostSubject: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm

I was surfing the updates at Angelic Warlord and noticed the Bride frontman Dale Thompson has a new musical project. http://angelicwarlord.com

I'm probably not the best person to promote this as I haven't been much of a fan of Dale (or even Bride's) output in the last 20 years.  But I thought others might want to check this out.  You can hear two of the songs at their site.  I gotta confess they aren't doing much for me.

http://theworldwillburn.com/music

Last edited by Staybrite on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

This reminds me a lot of Bride's "Jesus Experience" album.  I might have to check it out.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:30 pm

After listening to both songs on their site, I ordered it.  This reminds me of what Bride's "Jesus Experience" album could have been like without the overuse of effects and the addition of some guitar solos.  Those two things held that album back.  This album by The World Will Burn took out all the overused effects and added solos.  Will it be a favorite for 2015?  Who knows?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Very cool, I knew someone here would dig it.  I just downloaded that Gloriam Dei album I discussed in the other new thread.  New music for us both!!!

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 9:31 pm

I loved it! I agree with alldatndensum, this might be a favorite. Depends on if the other songs are as strong as the first row.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 9:44 am

mudpuppy, welcome to CHM.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 9:55 am

Sounds very good.
I'm interested too.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I love this site I am so glad I found it. I am still looking for some other tracks from The World Will Burn. Nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
VaughanGF

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 2:01 am

From what I've heard, it sounds very much like I would expect a new Bride album to sound like. That's hardly surprising! I wonder why he has given the project a different name?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:19 am

Somehow, I expect that this isn't a Dale Thompson project as much as it is a project where Dale was approached by the guitarist.  Why work with someone in the States when you've made it a point to let everyone know that Bride was done because of the move to Australia?  I am thinking that this is a project where Dale mostly just had to add vocal duties.  I could be mistaken and oft am, though.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:53 am

VaughanGF, welcome to CHM.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:43 am

Hey mudpuppy & Vaughan, welcome to CHM.  Great to see you here

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:23 am

Oh great, who let Vaughan from Grave Forsaken on here Razz
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Great boards...I am pleased everyone here is so full of information and helpful instead of bitter and mean spirited like a lot of other places!  The World Will Burn sounds a lot like Bride but I think its because its Dale singing...he has such a distinctive voice.  The music is different...simpler and more driving hooks than Bride, who had lots of layers of harmony and an artistic feel.  TWWB is more street fighting music!  Its a totally different sound than most hard music out there right now so thats why I am interested in it.  
I dont know why they just didnt do another Bride album but maybe they just wanted something different.  The website says that Troy is guest appearing on TWWB and the most recent Bride bass player too.  

I went ahead an pre-ordered it.  If all the other songs stink the two I have heard are good and its $10!
Back to top Go down
VaughanGF

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:27 am

Hopefully I vindicate the decision to be let on board! I will get this, big fan of Dale!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 7:32 am

I think you will make a most worthy addition to the board, Vaughn!

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:39 am

VaughanGF wrote:
Hopefully I vindicate the decision to be let on board! I will get this, big fan of Dale!

No worries, Vaughan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5503
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:45 am

VaughanGF wrote:
I don't know.  I think we should give him "The Test".
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:10 am

Aren't the new guys supposed to bring donuts?

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 2:49 pm

lol

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:21 pm

messian77, I thought they should bring donuts for the other CHM members.
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:24 am

did someone say doughnuts? I am in! 
Dale's new band released another song on their site.  www.theworldwillburn.com/music.  its a rocker.  have yall heard it?
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Mudpuppy, are you connected with the band somehow?

Also, I like the cinnamon twists.  Hot chocolate too!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudpuppy

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 1:24 pm

kerrick, I like to push bands that I think are creative and doing new stuff.  I like Krispy Kreme doughnuts the best...I dont know if you guys can get them where you are.  Does that mean I have to bring them? I think I would be the new guy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3491
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Right on MP.  Cool  Krispy Kreme doughnuts are great!  I'll take six please.   farao  The only tricky part is ensuring that they're still warm when they arrive...  Hmm, best to package them with good insulating packaging I suppose!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn   Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dale Thompson Project - The World Will Burn
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next