Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2015-06-15

Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" Empty
PostSubject: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Wow, it's been too long!  I have a significant update on the new project!

If you have followed this--you know that this started as a "covers" album, but when I learned that even with a license you can't even tweak lyrics without permission---I opted for a parody album.  So, now the title is "STORM THE GATES," from Matthew 16---where Jesus said, "I will build my church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it."  I.e. As God' people, we are called to crash through the gates---into dark places -- with the power, love and grace of God."

That title perfectly captures the spirit that has inspired this project.  My desire is to REDEEM these classic songs and breath into them new purpose (via a Christ-honoring message).

I have 98% of all instrument (drums, bass, guitars) FINISHED---just a couple small things to do.  I have lead vocals from Luke Weber "in the can" for Bang Your Head (AKA “Jesus Said”) & THE TROOPER (AKA “The Prophet)…  When complete—every song will have a “new name.” 

NEXT STEPS:
Finish up the 2% yet to be tweaked on a couple instrument tracks…
Begin laying vocal tracks!

GOAL RELEASE DATE:  Spring of 2016

Great Place For Updates:  The Pastor Brad Rocks Podcast on Roxxcast:
http://www.roxxproductions.com/roxxcast/category/pastor-brad-rocks/ 

TRACK LIST (Original title/artist)
Without Warning (DOKKEN)
Tooth & Nail (DOKKEN)
You Got Another Thing Coming (JUDAS PRIEST) 
Detroit Rock City (KISS)
Bang Your Head/Metal Health (QUIET ROIT)
Enter Sandman  (METALLICA) 

Iron Man  (BLACK SABBATH)
Rock You Like A Hurricane (SCORPIONS)
Hold On Loosely (38 SPECIAL)
Living After Midnight (JUDAS PRIEST)
Crazy Train (OZZY)

The Trooper (IRON MAIDEN)
Man On The Silver Mountain (RAINBOW)
Crazy Nights (LOUDNESS)
I Wanna Be Somebody (WASP)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:44 am

I like the fact that you are using many songs that Apologetix has never done.  While some of the other songs on here have been parodied by them, most haven't.  If you do anymore, you should look to stay off what they have already put out.

Keep us posted on the release date as I will add this to the coolection.  Do you think you will be hooking up with Roxx again or releasing this independently?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:09 am

I've always wanted someone to do "Patmos Island" ("Devil's Island" by Megadeth). Hint hint. Wink
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks guys!

Hey Alldat... never considered the Apologetix angle... These are just songs that have impacted me personally (musically) over the years... but I get your point...

Driven... dude... thanks for the thought... I JUST added two more songs to the list:
 Peace Sells  and Devil's Island... love the Patomos Island angle!
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven has already written lyrics for Patmos Island. I don't know if you were going to write your own, but if you want a lead, he may provide Smile
Back to top Go down
pastorbrad

pastorbrad

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 pm

BUMMER... was fired up about that idea... no worries...  Scratch Devil's Island... I''ll just do Peace Sells---which is a biigger song for me personally anyways... 

I also added
Dallas 1pm (Saxon)
Devil's Deck (Coney Hatch)
Say What You Will (Fastway)
The Girl's Got Rhythm (AC/DC)
To make it an even 20!
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9922
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 3:03 pm

As a mega fan of Fastway, I look forward to hearing Say What You Will. LOVE that song !

Yeh, all of us did some cool lyric replacement a couple years back. There was some great ideas among our little CHM family. Several great metal songs with Christian lyrics. I saved them all somewhere on my hard drive...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"   Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pastor Brad Update "Storm The Gates"
Page 1 of 1