Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+13
messiaen77
ishmael81
rockerVu2
Guilty/Forgiven
Fundy
BearDad
Xid
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
xenonlion
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
I'm very happy to hear that you are going to get some relief!  Keeping you in prayer!

Me too ! Thanks for the prayers. Many would be nervous or scared about having these surgeries, but when the surgeon told me very "matter-of-fact" like "you WILL finally have relief from what you've been suffering with for so many years" - I literally teared up and just kept thanking him ! I cannot wait !!!

That is fantastic news!  Praying all will go well with both surgeries.

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks guys !
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Cracks me up - You have NON Christian bands called LAMB OF GOD and WALLS OF JERICHO, but a Christian band named THE UNDECIDED... 
Just goes to show you can't trust names - ha !
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 8:58 am

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Lamb-of-god-easter-ticket
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 12:18 pm

The wife is dragging me to our 30th high school reunion tonight and I have to confess that I do not want to go at all.  We had a huge graduating class (nearly 600) so obviously it was impossible to know everybody.  We went to our 10 year reunion and almost nobody I knew showed up.  Talked with a few people I kind of knew, but over all it pretty much stunk.  All the people who were jerks in high school were still jerks.  When the 20th reunion came around I absolutely refused to go, so my wife didn't go either.  This time around she really wants to go (I have no idea why), so I am relenting and will go with her.  I expect I will probably spend more time talking to spouses of graduates then actual members of my own graduating class.

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I hear the 10 year is pretty much like High School.  The 20 year is move even keeled and 30 year people have their priorities in line.  The further you get from your school days, folks grow up.

I don't know this from experience because I haven't gone to any of my reunions.  For my 10 year I decided to go play music with my buddies.  20 year I was out of town.  30 year?  2 years out and I probably won't go to that one either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 1:23 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Random Ramblings - Page 36 Lamb-of-god-easter-ticket

lol!  I've seen that one before but it's still hilarious.

My first metal show was Sounds Of The Underground in 2005 or so.  (It's an all-day metal festival of sorts.)  Gwar, Opeth, Devin Townsend, Norma Jean (who I met at In N Out Burger afterwards haha!), and others were there.  Lamb Of God headlined and even as a young metal padawan, I still had the discernment to know that these guys sucked hahaha (or rather, were just not my style).  We left after a couple songs of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 2:51 pm

Xid wrote:
I hear the 10 year is pretty much like High School.  The 20 year is move even keeled and 30 year people have their priorities in line.  The further you get from your school days, folks grow up.

I don't know this from experience because I haven't gone to any of my reunions.  For my 10 year I decided to go play music with my buddies.  20 year I was out of town.  30 year?  2 years out and I probably won't go to that one either.

I'll let you know if they seem more mature.
My wife does know a few people who went to the 20 year reunion and they said there was only like 100 people there.  Not too impressive for a graduating class with around 550 people.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 2:57 pm

I was so done with high school upon graduation.  My real friends where from church.  After graduation a bunch of us from church skipped our school parties and went to Seattle.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 3:39 pm

I didn't attend church back then, so no old friends from church.  
Who am I kidding, I don't have any friends in my church now.  Laughing

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 4:57 pm

I have friends at church but we don't do anything outside of church.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 pm

I moved away from the town where I grew up. I don't regularly speak with anyone from my town (except my parents and brother), let alone high school. It's only been two years since I've graduated, so things will probably change with time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I didn't attend church back then, so no old friends from church.  
Who am I kidding, I don't have any friends in my church now.  Laughing

I am the same way.  I didn't have many close friends in high school.  I don't hear from them now at all.  I don't have any friends at church, either.  If not for co-workers, my wife, and her mom for the most part, I don't have many adult interactions.  I definitely want/need some dudes to hang out with.  I'd prefer to play some music with them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 3:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I definitely want/need some dudes to hang out with.  I'd prefer to play some music with them.
Come to Montana!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Not sure what the deal is but the Joshua's Creed page on ReverbNation has hit 22 new fans today.  Unfortunately it's all other bands and nobody is taking the time to listen to the music.

So what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Xid wrote:
Not sure what the deal is but the Joshua's Creed page on ReverbNation has hit 22 new fans today.  Unfortunately it's all other bands and nobody is taking the time to listen to the music.

So what's the point?

I listen to quite a bit of music on Reverbnation (including Joshua's Creed) and I don't think I have "become a fan" of any of them.  I think there are several people checking out the band on Reverbnation that aren't necessarily signed up on Reverbnation.

I just "became a fan" of Joshua's Creed....so now you have at least one nonmusician fan on RN.  Very Happy

Your comment does remind me of this.

Random Ramblings - Page 36 Become10

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 4:49 pm

LOL - I appreciate that!

I just don't understand band/musicians fanning each other on ReverbNation.  Seems like it would create a cyclone of death.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Xid wrote:
LOL - I appreciate that!

I just don't understand band/musicians fanning each other on ReverbNation.  Seems like it would create a cyclone of death.

I'm guessing they will hope you will reciprocate and "become a fan" of their band.

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Xid wrote:
LOL - I appreciate that!

I'm guessing they will hope you will reciprocate and "become a fan" of their band.
I like you and you like me and we're stuck in our own circle.  And thus the Cyclone of Death.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Xid wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I definitely want/need some dudes to hang out with.  I'd prefer to play some music with them.
Come to Montana!

As tempting as that sounds, you have this nasty thing up there called "winter" that I want no part of.  I'll stick with Tennessee winters.  Of course, if the Lord opened a door for ministry there, I'd do it.  I would miss my wife, though, as she wouldn't go.  LOL

Quote :

So what's the point?

That's why I am having a couple of lyric videos done.  I can't afford to do a full video.  People won't take the time to listen to a sound clip or full song.  If they do, you get about 15 seconds before they decide if they like it or not.  With video, people will watch if the imagery is appealing and give you more of a chance.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 8:06 am

I've read that most of you have no church friends or friends in real life.
That's why it's amzing we are friends with each other on CHM.
For me it means a lot to have my CHM friends.

I've not much friends in church or outside church.
I never visit the women evenings at church, simple I feel very uncomfortable there.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 3:41 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
That's why it's amzing we are friends with each other on CHM.
For me it means a lot to have my CHM friends.

I agree!  cheers

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:35 pm

I have been so blessed discouraged today.  Every guitar I am currently working on I seem to keep having major setbacks with.  I've been trying to upload song files to my CD manufacturer.  While I did manage to get the WAV files uploaded, I have a special file called a DDP file that these places use that makes duplication go much faster.  All of your data is stored in that DDP file.  Even if you aren't registered at GraceNote or other similar sites, your meta-data (band name, album name, album cover) will appear when you place the CD into your car stereo (if it displays info like that--mine does) or into your computer.

It seems like everything I touch today is destined to be screwed up.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

You're having an Anti-Midas Touch day.  I had a doozy a number of years ago.

All in a 3 day period:

I broke the trailer stand.
Ran out of gas going over a pass out of cell range.
Forgot the starter metal needed for the job.
Fried the ignition system in the forklift.

When I asked my boss why I didn't get fired (the previous driver got fired for using the cell phone to call radio stations) he told me:  "Because I didn't tell you not to do those things".
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 3:43 pm

When all things you want to do to get that album ready fail.
I can imagine it doesn't  feel good.
But .... don't give it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 36 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next