Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet

Go down 
+4
messiaen77
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 2:25 pm

No, it is not a cover
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 3:55 pm

And btw, I told you via PM it wasn't an Ac/Dc cover back before I even rejoined here. Did you not believe me?

Where's my whipping stick.....
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
As someone who's been on both sides of the downloading fence, I personally would snag songs or albums from file sharers to give them a listen all the way through.  If I loved the album, I'd buy an original for my collection. If I didn't care for it, then I considered it money saved.  In the 80s and 90s, I bought countless albums thinking they'd be great, only to find out there were only 1 or 2 songs I liked... or sometimes the entire album stank - and that after I dished out 7.95 for it.

Like Messiaen77 above, I do not condone illegal downloading, but that is what I used to do and the reason I did it. Today we have Spotify, so I don't need to download anything to listen all the way thru.

Same here. Some stuff I wanted was just no longer available. So I would look for it, download it and listen it to. In most cases it was something I didn't like anyway so I would delete it. Why would i keep something I don't like? Another example would be Rex's solo album "That Was Then, This Is Now". I downloaded it, loved it and then ordered it from CD Baby and deleted the copy I downloaded. I no longer do this because, like G/F said, we have Spotify. And Spotify steered me away from Michael Sweet's solo record but convinced me to buy Impellitteri (which I never would have even considered had I not played it several times on Spotify).

And NoOneIsHere: I went ahead and ordered Raze Some Hell while Roxx had the 15% off sale because I also wanted the Grave Robber vinyl EP release. So I ordered those and got them for a good deal. But since I said I wanted some sound samples before listening and did not get them I ordered on a whim. So if I don't like GX I'll be sending you the bill for that and Grave Robber (hey, gotta make it worth my trouble now don't I?).

Last edited by MikeInFla on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 8:13 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
As someone who's been on both sides of the downloading fence, I personally would snag songs or albums from file sharers to give them a listen all the way through.  If I loved the album, I'd buy an original for my collection. If I didn't care for it, then I considered it money saved.  In the 80s and 90s, I bought countless albums thinking they'd be great, only to find out there were only 1 or 2 songs I liked... or sometimes the entire album stank - and that after I dished out 7.95 for it.

Like Messiaen77 above, I do not condone illegal downloading, but that is what I used to do and the reason I did it. Today we have Spotify, so I don't need to download anything to listen all the way thru.

Same here. Some stuff I wanted was just no longer available. So I would look for it, download it and listen it to. In most cases it was something I didn't like anyway so I would delete it. Why would i keep something I don't like? Another example would be Rex's solo album. I downloaded it, loved it and then ordered it from CD Baby and deleted the copy I downloaded. I no longer do this because, like G/F said, we have Spotify. And Spotify steered me away from Michael Sweet's solo record but convinced me to buy Impellitteri (which I never would have even considered had I not played it several times on Spotify).

And NoOneIsHere: I went ahead and ordered Raze Some Hell while Roxx had the 15% off sale because I also wanted the Grave Robber vinyl EP release. So I ordered those and got them for a good deal. But since I said I wanted some sound samples before listening and did not get them I ordered on a whim. So if I don't like GX I'll be sending you the bill for that and Grave Robber (hey, gotta make it worth my trouble now don't I?).

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Rex will be putting up samples on their web page soon
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:35 am

After all the posts I've read about this CD I've to tell that I like "Raze Some Hell". 
I like this CD much more than "Sinner".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 3:05 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
After all the posts I've read about this CD I've to tell that I like "Raze Some Hell". 
I like this CD much more than "Sinner".

That is good news!

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 am

OK, finally came in the mail yesterday but haven't had time to give it a full listen. Have played the first 2 tracks. I like the intro of cut 1 with the old analog radio scanning. The singing on the first song are hard to understand so I thought "Oh, here we go again, I can't hear or understand Rex again". Good sound, good mix but the vocals aren't that great on the first one. Gonna Burn was much better and I can actually understand Rex on this one. Looking forward to hearing the rest as my day marches on and hoping I am not sending a bill to NoOneIsHere (NoOneIsThere?). 

The Grave Robber EP is pretty cool, I don't think I have ever owned a 45 on 180 gram vinyl. Haven't had time to play it yet but will, rarely do I play 45's so it is gonna be fun. They were shipping together in a 45 mailer, they fit perfect together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:57 pm

GX Project released a 3:12 sampling track that plays bits of each song.

I can't post links yet (again)...but if you go Soundcloud and look up GX Project, or go to their FB page, you will see it
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 7:00 pm

https://soundcloud.com/ituneaudio/gx-raze-some-hell-samples

I have to confess this does sound very good.  Once it gets an amazon digital release I will likely snag it.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:38 am

Ok, I have given it 2 spins now. First observations: This isn't on a label (the first was on Image Records, the second I don't know because I have the iTunes version). There is no release number, no anything but it does have a barcode. The insert is a folded insert, unlike the first album which was a single sheet. 

I like it pretty good. It is better than the second but still not as good as the first. To me the recording sounds extremely compressed (at least when played in my truck). I don't understand with people using so much compression when recording audio. 

The songs are pretty good, some of the vocals are hit or miss. Some are really good and I can hear what he is saying, others I can't tell what he is croaking out. Still too many Bon Scott clone vocals but it's ok -- if I want to hear an AC/DC type band I will listen to AC/DC or latter day Krokus. 

It isn't bad by any means, just not as good as the first one.

As for the Grave Robber vinyl, it is very noisy. Lots of background noise I am assuming this was pressed with recycled vinyl. Not "static" noise, just "vinyl" noise which I have not heard on a new record, ever. Most new releases are pretty quiet especially modern pressings. The songs are typical Grave Robber. If you like them you will enjoy "STH".
Back to top Go down
mr.electric47

mr.electric47

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:14 pm

The GX album was alright.... I've listened to it a 3-4 times now and there are a couple of good tracks... just nothing that burned the house down for me (metaphor).... I will probably revisit in the future... But between Impellitteri and Worldview and just pulling out my Rush stuff again.... (saw them last week...) It just was super impressive initially....
Back to top Go down
exact33

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:04 pm

I just got the cd and it is good. I was not expecting anything earth-shattering and the music fit in with my expectations. Another solid effort!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet   GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GX Raze Some Hell is the best GX disc yet
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2