Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes

Go down 
+3
messiaen77
kerrick
Samson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Samson

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes Empty
PostSubject: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Frustrated by all the political, religious, and/or downright stupid memes that clutter up my news feed on facebook, I just spontaneously wrote a parody to the Signs chorus covered by Tesla:

Cluttering my news feed
All day, every day
For the love of God, can't you stop posting memes?

Rant over
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 am

Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes Memes-memes-everywhere

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:14 am

I wish people would understand that witty sarcasm does not equal a good argument.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:52 am

I wish they understood that a meme doesn't even bring up all the points of a good argument and almost never represent the whole truth of a matter.  Most issues have multi-faceted levels and can't be defeated with a one picture meme.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:12 am

I don't mind the odd meme here and there, and have even reposted a few of them myself.  But I have had to hide a few family members that abuse them.  I have an aunt that posts upwards of 20 of them a day...definitely had to hide her from my feed.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am

I have some of those folks as well and I get sick of it.

I have learned that if you want people to comment and "like" your posts, then don't post every day unless it is super important to you, don't repost memes, and add pictures only when it is something you definitely want people to see.  The last two song videos of me playing 3 string guitars had over 300 views and tons of likes.  But, I haven't posted since then.  When I do, people tend to notice.

Follow those same rules to heighten your Facebook or Twitter experience.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 am

Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes Wonka1
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 am

Lol... sorry. I do get tired of them too but some of them are pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 9:33 am

alldatndensu wrote:
I have learned that if you want people to comment and "like" your posts, then don't post every day.....

Exactly!  And avoid mankind a dozen posts in one day.

xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:52 am

I understand actually. I liked memes before they were cool. When no one knew what in the world a meme was. It annoys me that like everyone uses them, now. When I see them on TV, I shake my head. It's not funny and it's so forced. The general public is catching up as social media becomes more popular. It's not really something that just you and your nerdy friends chuckle about anymore. Now, a lot of people know. There are the ones that don't seen to be too popular, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes   Memes, memes, everywhere there's memes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: