Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Renovation Work

Go down 
+7
bassdude
alldatndensum
messiaen77
MikeInFla
Staybrite
Xid
Dynamis
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Home Renovation Work - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm

Very nice....but with all that room you cd collection doesn't appear as massive.  I guess your going to have to fill it with more cds.  Laughing
But in all seriousness, un-lit candles, framed pictures, short flower vases...will all help fill in those spaces without making it look too cluttered.

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Very nice!

That ledge or shelf that sticks out from the wall is your house's foundation.  It's been framed and sheetrocked so it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 11:16 am

Staybrite wrote:
Very nice....but with all that room you cd collection doesn't appear as massive.  I guess your going to have to fill it with more cds.  Laughing
But in all seriousness, un-lit candles, framed pictures, short flower vases...will all help fill in those spaces without making it look too cluttered.

Thanks!  Yeah I don't have that massive of a collection.  I'm pretty selective on what I buy and I also try to continuously purge the CDs I no longer listen to.  Actually my wife was surprised at [relatively] how few I have haha.  I have a bunch of fun little nick-knacks and such that'll make good bookends and space things out some.  I think I'm going to remove my movies and videogames and keep that shelf for solely music too.

Xid wrote:
Very nice!

That ledge or shelf that sticks out from the wall is your house's foundation.  It's been framed and sheetrocked so it looks nice.

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...  That makes sense!  It's a split-level home so my office is actually halfway underground.  And sure enough, that ledge goes all around the perimeter of this level.  You're a smart cookie, Xid.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 11:19 am

kerrick wrote:
Xid wrote:
Very nice!

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...  That makes sense!  It's a split-level home so my office is actually halfway underground.  And sure enough, that ledge goes all around the perimeter of this level.  You're a smart cookie, Xid.

Why thank ya!  Our basement is the same way.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Alright, well I organized the shelves a bit and added some of my favorite nick-knacks.  I think it's starting to look pretty good!  Very Happy  I still got a ways to go before my office is "done" but I'm happy with the progress.  Smile

Home Renovation Work - Page 2 20191113
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Lookin' good!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 am

Definitely starting to look more "homey"

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Here are a couple recent pics.  The house is coming along though still LOTS to do...

We intend on putting a bar on that half-wall on the left there (the previous owners chopped that wall down but never finished it and we still haven't either haha).  Eventually, the kitchen will get a total remodel.  The cupboards are literally falling apart but they do the job for now.
Home Renovation Work - Page 2 20200211

These curtains apparently totally clash with the rug but we haven't bought different ones yet.   geek  As you can see, this is the living room/play area for Gloria haha.
Home Renovation Work - Page 2 20200210
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Looking homey!

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Thanks!

My dad and I began work on the steps; you can see our progress below haha.  We had to chop off the steps' noses so we could install the flooring on them properly.  But before we can install the flooring, we needed to install the faces of the steps: gluing white melamine MDF boards to the steps.  The cinder-blocks are holding the steps' faces on.  Pretty classy, eh?   Razz  I am pretty sure Gloria was judging me with that look hahahaha.

Home Renovation Work - Page 2 20200212

Also, I was given a battery operated sawsall for my birthday which is AWESOME.  It made cutting those steps' noses off a breeze (with the help of a circular saw and one of those oscillating multi-tools from Harbor Freight).  Having the right tools makes such a big difference...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm

kerrick wrote:
Having the right tools makes such a big difference...
Amen
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am

^On that note, I just got a screamin' deal on a miter saw I'm pretty stoked about. My dad's had to lug his over every time we do a project but now I've finally got one of my own! There was a liquidation sale of returned items, damaged boxes, etc. and I got a pretty nice one that looks like it was used to cut one or two boards for almost half the price as new.

Also, our house has these plastic faux window shutters that were this ugly faded red color. It would've been pretty pricey to replace them all so we painted them a nice dark blue color. It looks sharp! Next is the door...

Staybrite and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 3:15 pm

Home improvements are "never-ending" when you do them yourself.  It's only when you have to pay someone to do them that you finally stop.  Laughing

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Renovation Work   Home Renovation Work - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Renovation Work
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2