Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Music Collection Plan

Go down 
+8
oteis
metaldude
Staybrite
ishmael81
BearDad
MikeInFla
kerrick
Guilty/Forgiven
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

My Music Collection Plan Empty
PostSubject: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:03 pm

I've decided I have too much physical music.  In my eagerness to collect music, I've amassed several albums I know for certain I will never listen to.  So my plan for the next 6 months is to listen to, and rate all the albums I'm not so sure about. Then I plan to move the ones I don't care for out of my collection. 
Unfortunately for most here, they will be from one extreme (CCM like 4-Him) to the other (metal-screamcore). While I kinda like some of these artists, I can't see storing them in my collection if I'm never gonna listen to them. 
I've decided life is too short, and I've got a lot of music to listen to before I become a worm-feast... I wanna listen to what I like the most and free up room for MORE of what I like instead if stuff I "kinda" like.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Good man!  I always purge the music I don't listen to anymore and it feels good.  Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:25 pm

kerrick wrote:
Good man!  I always purge the music I don't listen to anymore and it feels good.  Smile

NO it doesn't! It feels terrible! For the life of me I can't even unload CD's I don't like!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Just doooooooooooooo itttttttttttttttt.......... Twisted Evil You'll feel so free afterwards!
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:47 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
kerrick wrote:

NO it doesn't! It feels terrible! For the life of me I can't even unload CD's I don't like!

This is how I am. There have been times when I got rid of something, only to wish later that I still had it. For example, I used to have all the early Steve Perry era Journey albums on vinyl, but I got rid of them when I got the CD versions. Now I'm trying to find them on vinyl again and all I can find is junk unless I'm willing to pay twice what I paid in the 80's.

Now I rarely get rid of music in any format
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:56 pm

I do regret getting rid of some of my tunes... namely my Shadow Gallery collection.  Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Quote :
I used to have all the early Steve Perry era Journey albums on vinyl, but I got rid of them when I got the CD versions. Now I'm trying to find them on vinyl again and all I can find is junk unless I'm willing to pay twice what I paid in the 80's.
Good clean vinyl is expensive and you generally have to pay what we paid in the 80s or more for used copies ..that being said I go to alot of vinyl conventions and I know some vendors so I will start looking around for good clean Journey on vinyl for ya ....drop me a pm of the ones you want  Smile
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:38 pm

g/f,
When you start getting rid of it, let us know what you have. You know I listen to a broad range of music and I can maybe er... help you.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:50 pm

I try to live with an album for a few years before I get rid of it.  If I put it in rotation with other albums and find myself hitting the "skip" button too often I will get rid of it.  I probably purge 6-12 albums each year, and have only regretted a very few (and only one or two have I repurchased).  With very few exceptions I just won't hang on to albums I won't listen too.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 3:19 pm

kerrick wrote:
I do regret getting rid of some of my tunes... namely my Shadow Gallery collection.  Neutral

Too immature to grasp the awesomeness of the band I assume.
Back to top Go down
oteis

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:27 pm

I am sort of in a same place as G/F. For now i have sorted quite a few of my extreme metal out and sold quite a bunch already. I haven't listener to most of them in years and some of them are still sealed. I don't think i will sell much of the other genres, but maybe i should just listen and decide what to keep like you are doing.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

metaldude wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Too immature to grasp the awesomeness of the band I assume.

Ha, well perhaps...  Nah, I think my tastes had changed and their latest album at that point (Room V) I didn't particularly care for that much so I found myself just never listening to them.  But now I miss them (or at least their first four albums).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Since i am moving to a new apt. In july i am perging some of my music and books..i plan to sell it off and go buy new stuff..
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:38 pm

I already did the whole selling of my collection, then wishing I hadn't, so I repurchased my favorite albums again... only this time it got out of hand and I amassed a ridiculous collection of stuff I know I'll never even listen to.  
Anything classic rock/metal will be a permanent fixture in my music. A stack of CCM and screamcore will be posted here in the future for anyone who will want to trade or perhaps I'll just sell em cheap. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 3:39 am

I have quite a few that I need to finish pulling together to rid myself of that will never be played again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:45 am

That's a good plan Guilty/Forgiven to listen to CDs you might not like anymore.
It's giving you more room for wanted "babies".
The CDs you really want to have a place in your collection.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:23 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've decided I have too much physical music.
No, you don't. I still have a bunch you haven't gotten yet.

Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:57 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
I've decided I have too much physical music.
No, you don't. I still have a bunch you haven't gotten yet.

That there is true !  Haha.

Why don't you post an updated list of whatcha got... perhaps my collection can use some from your stack...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 1:56 pm

guilty/forgiven,

You have inspired me to do the same thing. I have some cd's but way more books than I can probably get rid of. You guys have tons of music - I have about 100 CD's. But I have probably 350 or 400 books. Most of which I can get rid of. Maybe over the next few weeks I'll go through that stuff.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23480

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 3:32 pm

I had literally hundreds of books that I needed to clear out.  I donated a ton of them to Goodwill just to get them out of the house.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm selling a ton of books at tomorrow's yard sale. Along with a ton of junk CDs and LPs. Hopefully be able to rake in some good cash.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 5:30 pm

I hope you have better luck than I do.  Most I ever made at a yard sale was around $50...and most of that was a good acoustic guitar I sold.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 12:02 am

Most we scored on a yard sale was over 300 bucks.  We had some furniture and a washer and dryer, and a small hand tractor.  

I'm guessing we'll make about 100 bucks tomorrow... that's my estimate.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

I would certainly be happy with 100 bucks.  Let us know how it goes.

Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Just over 150 buckaroonys !! But better than the cash... all the extra room in my garage now ! 

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Music Collection Plan   My Music Collection Plan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Music Collection Plan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next