Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dead Artist Syndrome

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Dead Artist Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:26 am

Anyone into them?  I just picked up Kissing Strangers but haven't had a chance to listen yet.  I think I have all the others and really like them/him (it is pretty much Brian Healy and a revolving cast of musicians).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:47 am

I had never heard of this band but after listening to them on youtube I am interested..they are very Gothic (69 eyes)..really digging it..
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3111
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:47 am

Bryan used to be the host of the Frontline Records podcast before an illness and he turned it over to Les. If you go back and find some of the old podcasts they are pretty cool and Bryan is very entertaining. I think he was talking about the name "D.A.S" and picked it so their albums would be near Daniel Amos. He was back on a recent podcast, not as host but as a special guest and it was fun listening to him and Les talk. They played some D.A.S on the show.

Another interesting fact was that Bryan was a stunt double for John Candy (no kidding!).
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 1:34 pm

D.A.S. is one of many artists that I like the music but don't actually own anything by.  I enjoy goth and darkwave but just never got around to picking any of it up.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 2:42 pm

I have heard of the band but don't remember hearing any of their music.  Going to youtube now to check them out.

oteis

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2013-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:07 am

I love their debut album. I have two others as well, but they don't get as much playtime as their debut. I will give the new album a listen.
Back to top Go down
https://ccmfocus.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Artist Syndrome   Dead Artist Syndrome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Artist Syndrome
Page 1 of 1