For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Christian stoner doom?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
metaldude

avatar

Number of posts : 790
Age : 52
Localisation : Texas
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Revolution, off Armageddon's album Up In Flames has that really thick guitar "stoner" sound to it. I was surprised to find that it's the only song on the album that has that sound. Too bad, the song sounds really good. I couldn't find a link without posting the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5881
Age : 100
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 pm

I have come to realize I don't enjoy doom/stoner. It's good, but I find it too dark for me personally. I have no problem with Christians listening to the style, or even to the lyrics which sometimes take a dark turn (such topics are real and necessary to discuss). I just sometimes wonder whether lyricists tip the scale from discussion to glorification of the dark side of the spiritual world.
Back to top Go down
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 328
Age : 55
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am

Driven wrote:
I just sometimes wonder whether lyricists tip the scale from discussion to glorification of the dark side of the spiritual world.

The same things could be, and have been, said about every genre of rock and metal... Arrow
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2648
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm

^Very true.

Driven wrote:
I have come to realize I don't enjoy doom/stoner. It's good, but I find it too dark for me personally. I have no problem with Christians listening to the style, or even to the lyrics which sometimes take a dark turn (such topics are real and necessary to discuss). I just sometimes wonder whether lyricists tip the scale from discussion to glorification of the dark side of the spiritual world.

Have you listened much to Place Of Skulls?  Their lyrics are pretty awesome IMO and oftentimes straight from The Bible.



Back to top Go down
Driven

avatar

Number of posts : 5881
Age : 100
Localisation : Sherbrooke, QC
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Candlemass wrote:
Driven wrote:
I just sometimes wonder whether lyricists tip the scale from discussion to glorification of the dark side of the spiritual world.

The same things could be, and have been, said about every genre of rock and metal... Arrow

True, but it seems to be more common in doom than in others.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

avatar

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Driven wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
Driven wrote:
I just sometimes wonder whether lyricists tip the scale from discussion to glorification of the dark side of the spiritual world.

The same things could be, and have been, said about every genre of rock and metal... Arrow

True, but it seems to be more common in doom than in others.

Interesting thing is that a lot of secular doom bands have more biblical lyrics than any other form of metal.
Back to top Go down
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 328
Age : 55
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:06 pm

I seem to remember this doom band that had a song about the Crucifixion/Good Friday...?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit



Number of posts : 3097
Localisation : Indiana
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Candlemass wrote:
I seem to remember this doom band that had a song about the Crucifixion/Good Friday...?
I assume you mean Trouble's "The Skull"

_________________
"If you are not concerned about your neighbor's salvation,
you should be concerned about your own."
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2648
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:25 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
I seem to remember this doom band that had a song about the Crucifixion/Good Friday...?
I assume you mean Trouble's "The Skull"

No he's referring to Robert's project Warpriest!   Headbang

https://warpriest.bandcamp.com/track/the-crux
Back to top Go down
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 328
Age : 55
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:23 am

I'm well aware of Trouble, but don't think that was it either Kerrick...
Back to top Go down
kerrick

avatar

Number of posts : 2648
Age : 31
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:35 pm

No???  Well I am stumped then.  Could be Place Of Skulls - Blood Of Jesus?
Back to top Go down
Candlemass

avatar

Number of posts : 328
Age : 55
Localisation : Cleveland, Oh
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am

Nope, well aware of PoS as well, some band I stumbled across years ago, should've saved the link...
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

avatar

Number of posts : 3448
Age : 48
Localisation : Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:37 am

Under The Sun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christian stoner doom?   

Back to top Go down
 
Christian stoner doom?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Christian stoner doom?
» Stoner Rock
» Know Christian music? Got time on ur hands?
» Christian Liljegren update
» Attn: Christian Metalheads- I need your help with a project!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: