Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)

Go down 
+5
Fundy
metaldude
Staybrite
BearDad
Guilty/Forgiven
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 8:59 am

Opinions of new Impelleretti ?
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 am

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Opinions of new Impelleretti ?

Good, but also a bit of SOS. I say a bit because it sounds different than Pedal to the Metal; that one seemed to be more power and less speed.  However, the new one does sound a lot like the other Rob Rock led albums. This is not a bad thing; I like it, and have it spinning in my car right now. However, too much at one time and it get's boring. Impellitteri is pretty much an "in the car" band for me, as all his albums are that way.

I have to admit I like Rob better on his own.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:17 pm

I made a new topic out of these comments in the "What's in your player" thread.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 pm

I have listened to it 3 or 4 times now and I will have to say I find it a slightly better than average Rob Rock fronted Impellitteri album.  Nothing mind-blowing but really solid.

My only complaint would be the same (minor) complaint I always seem to have.  The songs are all the same tempo and sound a bit "samey".  And much like BearDad said (and I have said countless times), I prefer Rob's solo albums to pretty much any Impellitteri album.  Mostly because they seem to have some variety to them.

metaldude

Number of posts : 790
Registration date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 pm

I really like it. I don't listen to it alone, rather as a three album playlist with Wicked Maiden and Pedal... They go together nicely.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9945
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Coolness - I'm toying with the idea of buying that one. The "samey" comment turns me off a bit as I can't stand albums that sound much the same throughout.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5322
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:37 am

I love the sound of Time Machine especially the Trooper vibe going on, although I thought the prechorus/bridge wasn't that great.

(I don't have the album, but have listened to it on youtube)

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:26 am

Great album.

Venom, Time Machine, Nightmare, Holding On...all great songs.

Probably my favorite one by them now
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:30 am

Rob's delivery on vocals is amazing.  However, a lot of the songs do have the same feel throughout the album.  If this were an instrumental album, I would probably think this was just one really long track.

So, I like it, but it won't be my favorite for the year to say the least.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:50 am

alldat, wouldn't you agree that the similarity is more a product of the style of metal than anything else? 

Similar bands like DragonForce, Narnia, Divinefire, etc etc all have a similar sound throughout their albums.

It's just that style
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:20 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
It's just that style
Song and/or styles are made up of certain similar elements but when that style starts cranking out cookie cutter songs that are hard to differentiate from each other then it's time to readjust and break the mold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:31 am

I like it better than I thought I would. However, if you listen to track one the song ends with a cool cymbal crash. And after hearing that now I am expecting to hear it on every song on the album. I have been playing it nonstop. For me this is also a "in the car" experience that I can crank loud. Much of it sounds the same but I really like it. 

As I stated in another thread I hate that it ended up costing me $18. The day after I ordered it Bill said he had some vinyl copies coming in. Had I known that I would have waiting and bought the vinyl version for a few dollars more. (That way I would be forced to listen to it at home but also able to rip from vinyl to iPod for my truck).

The production is top notch. The liner notes are not very good and hard to read. Dark background with letters that aren't light enough to read. Why do they continue to get cheap on packaging?(not Frontiers but the industry in general). The packaging reminds me of the lame IMR reissues. But considering I am playing this in my truck (and Rob Rock is pretty easy to understand) I have no reason to try and read lyrics while driving.

This is my first and only exposure to Impellitteri. I remember the "Stand In Line" cassette that a friend had back in 88 and hearing it and not really caring for it and never giving them a thought since this was released and I saw the Venom video.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:35 am

Yep, I remember not being interested in it then OR now. And I'm kind of surprised because normally I like this type of style. Vocally it reminds me of Survivor. And the key-tar is awesome! Also gives it a Survivor feel. But if I had it, it's something I would play once and never again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:43 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Yep, I remember not being interested in it then OR now. And I'm kind of surprised because normally I like this type of style. Vocally it reminds me of Survivor. And the key-tar is awesome! Also gives it a Survivor feel. But if I had it, it's something I would play once and never again.

Graham Bonnet..not a big fan of his. Like this song, but was not much of a fan of Impellitteri when he was their singer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

Xid wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:
It's just that style
Song and/or styles are made up of certain similar elements but when that style starts cranking out cookie cutter songs that are hard to differentiate from each other then it's time to readjust and break the mold.

I just don't hear that, sorry. I have no problem distinguishing the songs from each other.

I don't know, I think all rap sounds the same, I think all thrash sounds the same, I think all growling music sounds the same. But I don't think this does.

Maybe our interpretation of what we hear is more based off our personal preferences and tastes than what we think.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:53 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:

I don't know, I think all rap sounds the same, I think all thrash sounds the same, I think all growling music sounds the same. But I don't think this does.

Ha, yeah me too. All rap sounds the same, as does thrash. I remember my brother and I were at a show in the early 90's and Sepultura was the opening band. After about 30 minutes into the show my brother yelled in my ear "HEY... WHEN ARE THEY GONNA PLAY ANOTHER SONG?" I replied "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" he yelled back "THEY'VE BEEN PLAYING THE SAME SONG NOW FOR OVER 30 MINUTES THEY NEED TO CHANGE THINGS UP!". Neither of us liked it very much, then or now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:56 am

MikeInFla wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

Ha, yeah me too. All rap sounds the same, as does thrash. I remember my brother and I were at a show in the early 90's and Sepultura was the opening band. After about 30 minutes into the show my brother yelled in my ear "HEY... WHEN ARE THEY GONNA PLAY ANOTHER SONG?" I replied "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" he yelled back "THEY'VE BEEN PLAYING THE SAME SONG NOW FOR OVER 30 MINUTES THEY NEED TO CHANGE THINGS UP!". Neither of us liked it very much, then or now.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:16 pm

I didn't say all the songs on Venom sound the same as I haven't heard it.  I just meant in general.  I've never been a shred lead fan as all the solos do sound the same to me.  I'll take style over speed any day.

I remember playing a gig with a band in Seattle and all of their songs they played that night had the same feel, tempo, rhythm and vibe.  No style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:08 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

Graham Bonnet..not a big fan of his. Like this song, but was not much of a fan of Impellitteri when he was their singer

That's me too, there are a few Bonnet songs here and there that I like, but for the most part I'm just not a fan of his vocals.

mr.electric47

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2015-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 4:28 pm

At great album....  period... great performances and great songs... strong melodies ... It demands your attention....

It definitely didnt disappoint.... a shred fest galore.... Rockin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)   Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri - Venom (What do you think)
Page 1 of 1