Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Less and why?

Go down 
+7
MikeInFla
alldatndensum
BearDad
ishmael81
Xid
Guilty/Forgiven
rockerVu2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16575
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:27 am

This week I've read some of the old threads on CHM.
The threads posted from the beginning in May 2007.

It's remarkable that I see much more replies and people who have read the threads from that time.
I've noticed there are not that much posts and replies on the current threads.
I wonder how's this possible?

Facebook has gotten more attention instead of the music forums?
Or ... what is it?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9960
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:52 am

I think Facebook is playing a huge part in taking people away from forums into a more immediate social media.

I also think a lot of us older CHMers have exhausted most topics... several new posts are just old ones repackaged... nothing wrong with that, it's just what it is.  The only thing  new to discuss is some of the new albums that are released.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:46 pm

I agree that the change in Social Media has played a huge part in the drop in forum use in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
ishmael81

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 pm

I've dropped off on posting due to several issues. My wife's surgery and recovery, financial issues, overtime work, church and family stuff...
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 7:46 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
This week I've read some of the old threads on CHM.
The threads posted from the beginning in May 2007.

It's remarkable that I see much more replies and people who have read the threads from that time.
I've noticed there are not that much posts and replies on the current threads.
I wonder how's this possible?

Facebook has gotten more attention instead of the music forums?
Or ... what is it?

I've noticed this as well. This thread, for example, has gotten 50+ views, but only four replies. Even discounting the people that have viewed it multiple times, I am sure more than four people read it!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:28 am

Sometimes it is just general busyness of life.  For example, I didn't have time to check this yesterday but could Facebook due to the ease of using the app on my phone.  I didn't use the computer at all.

Social media, lack of new music to get excited about, less users on message boards, etc. have all caused a drop in replies.  Add the summer slump when we all tend to post less, and I think we'll see a big slowdown unless some bands start dropping some killer albums on us.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3123
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:49 am

I may be one of the few who doesn't use Facebook, Twitter, etc. I have been using forums since around 1984. Yep, WAAAYYYYY back then. I was 13 years old and had a Commodore 64 computer with a dial up modem. Forums have been around for ages.. Now that I think about it that is a LONG time. Here I am 44 now and I started using forums 31 years ago! Most of them were not even available 24 hours a day, they would "go up" at 7 or 9 pm then shutdown at 7 am. I started my own in 1985 and it was the first Commodore bulletin board in my city to be active 24/7. 

Over the past 10 years I have seen forums literally die due to lack of use. There was an old forum called "StyxBoard". It is still out there but the last post was made by me almost 2 years ago asking "Where is everyone!?". Not a single reply and it used to be a very active place with hundreds of new messages every day.

I try to check in here every day even if it is on my phone. And I find myself checking this place out more than any of the others. There is just nothing that interests me at the CMR anymore. No one "made me mad" or anything, I just got bored with it. I also check out the Melodicrock.com forums, I have been posting there since 1997 or so.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:30 pm

I've only been on the forums since 2005, yet I have seen several of them die as well.  While I like facebook, I really don't think the facebook group format works nearly as well as most message boards I have used.

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 1:34 pm

I've been kinda lurking...  Life has been super hectic and so I've been trying to keep up on at least reading what's going on here but not so much in posting.  Things are slowing down at work some though so I should be a bit more active.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
I've been kinda lurking...  Life has been super hectic and so I've been trying to keep up on at least reading what's going on here but not so much in posting.  Things are slowing down at work some though so I should be a bit more active.

LIAR! You haven't been busy, you've been spending time with HER! You are stepping out on us! It won't be too long before she'll tell you that you don't need us anymore, then you'll drop us like the proverbial potato!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Kerrick.... why... you wouldnt......... LEAVE us for HER would you.... ? I mean.... what's she got that we don't... ?  I mean, well, you know what I mean.... don't leave us Kerrick !  Sad

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:18 pm

lol!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
kerrick

kerrick

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

ROTFL  I love you guys; you crack me up.  I have such a huge smile on my face (hopefully none of my coworkers will notice.)

Well I rarely post in the evenings/weekends anyways - which is when I get to see Veronika.  It's my work that has been insane but last week I delivered this project that had been sucking up all my time so now things are a bit back to normal.

Actually she's been asking me to teach her the many sub-genres of metal.  So far her favorite is traditional doom metal.   Hubba hubba   (She really liked Place Of Skulls.)  I think I got myself a keeper...  I love you
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:43 pm

kerrick wrote:
I think I got myself a keeper... 

In other words, you're doubly doomed.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Quote :
Actually she's been asking me to teach her the many sub-genres of metal.  So far her favorite is traditional doom metal.   Hubba hubba   (She really liked Place Of Skulls.)  I think I got myself a keeper...  I love you

WHAT ??? how awesome it THAT ?!!!  
My better half likes hair metal ballads and AOR, mostly light rock, but no metal.  She encourages me with my metal,  as I encourage her love for modern country... but she can't stand most of the metal I like (ie thrash and classic rock/metal)... but hey, differences are good.. allows for variety and learning music appreciation. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:13 pm

That is great Kerrick. As you all know, I love punk (have since I was 14). When my wife and I started dating I asked if she liked punk and she goes "What's that?" Stupid

She does like some MxPx and a little Ramones but beyond that... nothing... no Crucified, no Clash, nothing.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 pm

BearDad wrote:
kerrick wrote:
I think I got myself a keeper... 

In other words, you're doubly doomed.   What a Face

Just the way I like it... Twisted Evil

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:
Quote :
Actually she's been asking me to teach her the many sub-genres of metal.  So far her favorite is traditional doom metal.   Hubba hubba   (She really liked Place Of Skulls.)  I think I got myself a keeper...  I love you

WHAT ??? how awesome it THAT ?!!!  
My better half likes hair metal ballads and AOR, mostly light rock, but no metal.  She encourages me with my metal,  as I encourage her love for modern country... but she can't stand most of the metal I like (ie thrash and classic rock/metal)... but hey, differences are good.. allows for variety and learning music appreciation. Thumbs Up

Indeed!  That's one of the greatest things about relationships (of any kind) - being able to broaden each other's horizons and experience new things that you would have never otherwise.

She introduced me to a bunch of pretty neat Slovak bands (she's from Slovakia) and while they certainly weren't metal, they were quite nice!  Also, Slovak is such a neat sounding language.  Some of those European languages from that general area can sound a bit harsh/gruff but Slovak is really quite pretty.  She doesn't like black metal though; she feels it's just very anguished and dark sounding (which it is... but so much more too!).  I'll work on that with her...  Twisted Evil

ishmael81 wrote:
That is great Kerrick. As you all know, I love punk (have since I was 14). When my wife and I started dating I asked if she liked punk and she goes "What's that?" Stupid

She does like some MxPx and a little Ramones but beyond that... nothing... no Crucified, no Clash, nothing.

Aww...  Well, while it is certainly fun to have someone who enjoys the same music you like... it's far from a deal-breaker if they don't.  I never expected to fall in love with someone who shares the same taste in tunes, but if they can tolerate it, I count that as a huge blessing.  I think Jim and his wife is a great example of what it should be like in that case.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 4:21 pm

kerrick wrote:
Slovak is such a neat sounding language.  Some of those European languages from that general area can sound a bit harsh/gruff but Slovak is really quite pretty.

Ladies and Gentleman, Kerrick has left the building.

Less and why? Clipart-in-love-smiley-emoticon-512x512-8a552

Sorry, Dude, but that just sounded like one of those "everything about her is perfect" statements! LOL! I couldn't resist. I am sure you are sincere, though. You are right, however, about some of those germanic languages being rather harsh.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Ha!  What a punk.  Razz   Although I expect no less from y'all...  If I can dish it out, I better be able to take it!

Here's one of the songs she sent me.  Not sure about the music video, but the music is pretty nice.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:06 pm

BearDad wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Slovak is such a neat sounding language.  Some of those European languages from that general area can sound a bit harsh/gruff but Slovak is really quite pretty.

Ladies and Gentleman, Kerrick has left the building.

Less and why? Clipart-in-love-smiley-emoticon-512x512-8a552

Sorry, Dude, but that just sounded like one of those "everything about her is perfect" statements! LOL! I couldn't resist.....

I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing.  Just wasn't sure I could be mean enough to say something about it!

kerrick

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Well, there is the whole thing about her having ~three more years of grad school... in Spain.  And the fact that she's moving away from Santa Cruz in mid June...  That's pretty imperfect.  She also thinks Eddie is scary looking and doesn't particularly care for my jacket with a huge patch of him on the back haha.  But otherwise, yeah, she's pretty perfect.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Have I got a song for Kerrick Very Happy

For my part, though, because of school, I can only post every other day on average. Here I am now, but I don't think I've posted since Thursday or Friday. I do enjoy discussion here, though.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:17 pm

kerrick wrote:
Well, there is the whole thing about her having ~three more years of grad school... in Spain.  And the fact that she's moving away from Santa Cruz in mid June...  That's pretty imperfect.  She also thinks Eddie is scary looking and doesn't particularly care for my jacket with a huge patch of him on the back haha.  But otherwise, yeah, she's pretty perfect.  Razz

Um ... Dude, I hate to break it to you, but ... well ... Eddie is scary looking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ishmael81

ishmael81

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 7:42 am

It sounds like a better Police song would be Every Breath You Take. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Less and why? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less and why?   Less and why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Less and why?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: