Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
Hardkore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-19/first-footage-plot-info-revealed-star-wars-spinoff-film-rogue-one

We were wondering exactly how much info Disney and Lucasfilm would reveal at the Star Wars Celebration event, and the Mouse House brought a whole lot more than we’d expected.

We’ve already gotten a few peeks at Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but beyond that, we knew nothing more than a title for Gareth Edwards’ pending spinoff film Star Wars: Rogue One. Lucky for us, Edwards was part of a panel that broke down some of the key details of what will be the first ever big screen spinoff film for the franchise.

The plot will be set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and focus on a team of rebels tasked with stealing the plans for the Death Star - you know, the plans that would eventually help Luke Skywalker take the thing down in the original film. We also learned how Disney plans to market the spinoff films. Whereas the “main” films will just have the title card we’ve seen for The Force Awakens, the spin offs will be tagged as “Anthology” films.

It sounds like Edwards plans to put the “war” back in Star Wars, and told attendees the film will focus on the “reality of war” within the galaxy far, far away. Edwards said his story will be “complicated, layered; [and] a very rich scenario in which to set a movie.” The director was initially reluctant to sign on, coming off his time on the big budget Godzilla remake, but he was so impressed with the script that he took the plunge.

One other interesting tidbit: The entire concept for the film was actually pitched by award-winning visual effects artist John Knoll, who brought the idea directly to Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm's Kiri Hart after floating the concept internally to almost universal acclaim. Considering how big a company we’re talking about — and a franchise that generates billions — it’s pretty cool to see that a good idea from someone a bit outside the box can still make it up the flagpole and score some face time. Nice move, Lucasfilm.

Lucasfilm also unveiled the first teaser trailer for Rogue One, which you can check out (at the link above) (though the quality is admittedly not great):
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:13 am

The quality of that clip was awful, but it was enough of a teaser that I am already sold.  Using the voiceover of the original Ben Kenobi was a great marketing move!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 am

Is this going to be a live action film?

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:34 pm

It is!  Disney/Lucasfilm announced after the buyout that there were going to be 6 new Star Wars films.  There would be a new trilogy that we will see starting in December.  There are also 3 films that would tie in with the Star Wars universe in various ways.  The first is about the squadron in this new film.  The other two could be origins stories for someone like Yoda, the Hutts, etc.  Those, as far as I know, haven't been announced.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Glad to hear it will be live-action.  My son digs the animated Star Wars stuff, but I just can't seem to get into it.

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:31 pm

I love the animated Clone Wars series....
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 4:38 pm

bassdude wrote:
I love the animated Clone Wars series....

I think the animation and the way they did the series was very well done.  I just couldn't manage to stay interested in it beyond about the first season.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:57 pm

It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Hardkore wrote:

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

I am such a nerd that I would probably watch that, too.  lol!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 10:52 pm

That made me LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)   Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars :Rogue One (Dec 2016)
Page 1 of 1